Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stanmode ran 12.90s with his before he traded it. If I recall, he had a 93 octane tune and a few bolt ons. If he had an automatic trans or spent more time refining his launch technique, it would've run quicker. As soon as he got the car into the 12s, his lease was coming near it's end, so he traded it. To get an Ecoboost 10 speed automatic into the high 11s, you need: a light car, an E30 tune, air filter, intercooler, waste gate actuator, drag radials, and a good driver that can launch the car. Check out WatchMyEco on YouTube. I think he's running 11.60s now, on the stock longblock and turbo.
Thatā€™s impressive. I was on the verge of buying an used cheap Audi S5 (get them for $15k) and going that route with e85, tune, exhaust, pulleys, and etc but supercharged my gt instead. I like a underrated sleeper project car you can daily. I canā€™t daily mine. Not in Michigan. With an eco boost you could throw some snow tires on it and enjoy it all year around. Not a bad way to go.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Drove 1200 miles one day after buying a brand new ā€˜19 GT with the 10 speed. Cruise controlled the entire way which was 90% highway and I averaged 25.5 MPG set at 80 MPH.

My car has 3.55 gears.
Read the manual on proper break-in procedure, huh?

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
According to my research (reading this forum...), that's what causes the tick (AKA the Youtubers Rattle).

Yeah because people on this forum know what causes the tick when even Ford doesnā€™t. Which is why they deemed it ā€œnormalā€.

Speaking of the tick, I have also read people merely put 5W-30 oil in the engine instead of 5W-20 and the tick went away. But who knows, the tick has been around far longer than the widespread panic of it.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks so far guys. It's just the 2 of us for a few years at least, so no need for it to be a family car. Again, she's on-board already - but if it can't get 25-30 MPG on our trips I will need to go another route.
You can get that good of fuel economy with any Mustang on a long trip. Even my GT350 was in that range on long trips. You just have to keep to a reasonable speed. When you start getting much over 75-77 mph, the wind resistance starts to impact fuel economy. Over 80 you will see fuel economy drop quickly as you continue to increase your speed.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Fixed.

Sensible is WAY over rated.
FACTS...

If anyone had any sense they'd buy a base model Toyota Corolla... That cars so reliable and cheap Toyota is selling them with lifetime warranties now...
Sponsored