Sponsored

Will my mustang drop more than newer mustangs?

overd0sed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My mustang is at 60k miles. Never touched the suspension but deciding to do the drop. I was wondering if my older car would drop more on the same aftermarket springs as newer cars?
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Should drop what the springs are claiming to drop. Unless your car gained weight with age

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
As the others have said, there shouldn't be any difference between your car and a newer one with less miles, unless you have other undiagnosed suspension issues (bad bushings, ball joints, etc.).

Are you planning on changing struts and shocks at the same time? I'd highly recommend it since you're on 60k mile original parts. They will have a very hard time handling both the higher spring rate and lower ride height.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don’t think it would drop more but you could have some unwanted bounce due to the stock struts and shocks.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
As the others have said, there shouldn't be any difference between your car and a newer one with less miles, unless you have other undiagnosed suspension issues (bad bushings, ball joints, etc.).

Are you planning on changing struts and shocks at the same time? I'd highly recommend it since you're on 60k mile original parts. They will have a very hard time handling both the higher spring rate and lower ride height.
If you’re in there doing shocks and struts, I’d HIGHLY recommend the Bilstein B6 setup. Thank me later. :like: :beer: Night and day better.
PS…I’d also recommend the strut bar and the lower brace (if your version doesn’t already have them) These items together with the above Bilstein were the most dramatic improvement in control in my 2016 GT.

Last edited:
OP
OP

overd0sed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you’re in there doing shocks and struts, I’d HIGHLY recommend the Bilstein B6 setup. Thank me later. :like: :beer: Night and day better.
PS…I’d also recommend the strut bar and the lower brace (if your version doesn’t already have them) These items together with the above Bilstein were the most dramatic improvement in control in my 2016 GT.
Thanks for the recommendation on strut bar and lower brace. Gonna go with the frpp track/sp763 as I can get a good deal. Any other simple mods i can do while changing the suspension? Or is this enough? Plan to keep the car for a while

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Drive that first. You’ll be pretty shocked (lol) when you see how solid and controlled the car feels after.
Then look for something else. If you’d even want to.
Sponsored

Last edited: