Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hello everyone,

So i bought a steeda intake thinking i might tune the car, i realize that I dont want to take that route right now and i dont see much purpose for the steeda intake i have. However, the steeda requires a cut off from the oem intake to install with their intake (still pissed off they couldnt include a new plastic piece in their 450 dollar price tag).

is there anyway for me to still use my oem intake and re install it?

Thanks,
Yareen
Sponsored

luv2drum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Going to try to help here. Did you install the intake? When you say, "Cut off." Do you mean the portion of the inlet ducting that you have to trim off and then seal with the provided Steeda cap?

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Going to try to help here. Did you install the intake? When you say, "Cut off." Do you mean the portion of the inlet ducting that you have to trim off and then seal with the provided Steeda cap?
Thanks for the reply, yes the inlet part. And yes I installed the intake about 2 months ago

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The 2018 intake duct doesn't have the resonator that the 15-17 one does. I ordered one of those since I ditched my stock airbox.

luv2drum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply, yes the inlet part. And yes I installed the intake about 2 months ago
No problem. As long as the inlet ducting is sealed you should be fine. If you plan on selling the Steeda intake just disclose to the buyer that they will have to purchase another cap for the inlet ducting. If you are OCD like me, you could also just order a new inlet duct from Ebay or Tasca Parts. This way, you could provide the modified inlet duct to the buyer of the Steeda intake. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
No problem. As long as the inlet ducting is sealed you should be fine. If you plan on selling the Steeda intake just disclose to the buyer that they will have to purchase another cap for the inlet ducting. If you are OCD like me, you could also just order a new inlet duct from Ebay or Tasca Parts. This way, you could provide the modified inlet duct to the buyer of the Steeda intake. Hope this helps.
Awesome, this is great news. Ill probably go the OCD route lol. I like the intake overall but I realize i dont like how its an open box intake, especially with my hood vents. im paranoid water will get in.

people also say the stock airbox with a drop in filter is about the same as a non tuned CAI, so i think ill go that route.

Yareen
Sponsored