Will 0.020 over bore on a gen 2 be ok?

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So it begs the question, if you're not going 4 digit power, what's the point of going .020" over? What are you really gaining? Unless you've gotten some steal of a deal on pistons that are overbore (even then) I don't see the point in it unless you have big big plans and are trying to squeeze out every last drop of power.
Possibly clean up from some damage or just to give the rings a fresh surface to seal to, .020" won't make significantly more power. But when done with a tq plate properly the bores will be round so sealing with new rings will be improved and more power can be found through all of that over factory machining.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
It's a gen 2, so no plasma and I'm not sleeving it...
It has the water jacket supports though

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So it begs the question, if you're not going 4 digit power, what's the point of going .020" over? What are you really gaining? Unless you've gotten some steal of a deal on pistons that are overbore (even then) I don't see the point in it unless you have big big plans and are trying to squeeze out every last drop of power.
or if it takes .020 to clean up the cylinder

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would not use je for what you are planning. You want a full skirt piston so it’s very stable je is light but can be unstable.
H tuffs are fine but over priced and heavy. Callies compstar are my rods of choice

OP
OP

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
I would not use je for what you are planning. You want a full skirt piston so it’s very stable je is light but can be unstable.
H tuffs are fine but over priced and heavy. Callies compstar are my rods of choice
Ah that's not good to hear... what piston would you recommend

Sponsored