Sponsored

Why wont I drive my Mustang

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Original p-zero tires on the 20" wheels still good ( with sh!t traction when you get on it)
:frusty: Yeah I'm not too big a fan of the tires that came on mine. I do alright when its dry, but I can feel them slip even when I'm not trying to in the rain with the ones that came on the performance package. My first set of tires are going to be some snow tires, and I'm cheap enough to just burn these up before I get rid of them. But afterward, I'm looking forward to ditching them to put on something else.
Sponsored

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Why even bother installing a supercharger if you're not going to experience it? All that power... just sitting there doing nothing...

I mean, I'm not one to tell a person what to do with their money, but I just don't understand it. :shrug:
Pretty much with you on this - I don't get it. It's up to each one how they spend their money etc, but I just can't get my head around why folks mod a car especially with a power adder just to stare at it sitting there.

I'm over the top for most people when it comes to detailing my cars, so I understand the concept of automotive art appreciation; however, the actual driving of it is the other half of the art! A car that can't or won't be driven ceases to make sense to me.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I took delivery of mine in November '14 and I already have 30k on the clock, hehe. I cannot relate to this feeling.

Sponsored

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
With the way you've modded your car, this is hard to believe.

You can't be for real, right?

RJ
Believe it. Its for real. I enjoy looking at it as much as driving it.

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
Why even bother installing a supercharger if you're not going to experience it? All that power... just sitting there doing nothing...

I mean, I'm not one to tell a person what to do with their money, but I just don't understand it. :shrug:
My experience was installing it actually. That was just something I wanted to do when I bought the car. I love driving it and wrenching on it but its for fun.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
My experience was installing it actually. That was just something I wanted to do when I bought the car. I love driving it and wrenching on it but its for fun.
:thumbsup: Everyone gets their rocks off differently. I still don't necessarily understand why you don't want to drive it everywhere, and if your car was my car I'd be driving the hell out of it--but that's why I have my own Mustang. :cheers:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
:(

I was really hoping you'd say that a lot of the miles that it has traveled involved straight quarter mile long stretches along a really wide 2-lane road, strange blinking lights and maybe a puddle.

Norm

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
:thumbsup: Everyone gets their rocks off differently. I still don't necessarily understand why you don't want to drive it everywhere, and if your car was my car I'd be driving the hell out of it--but that's why I have my own Mustang. :cheers:
I second that lol. Mine's just stock, and I have a feeling it'll be that way for a good while. But I love the hell out of just driving it and having a vehicle I can row through the gears again in. My big thing for getting it was I needed to replace my daily driver soon, and my last daily driver happened to be another mustang (06 GT). I'm only 4 miles from work so of course I'm gonna favor trading up vs. getting something economical to beat up lol. I wanted something new and under warranty for a while because the theory at least is that I won't have to put up with vehicle problems for a good while and if I do, at least I ought to be able to just drop the damn thing off at the dealership and make a few frustrated grunts and gestures about the issue while they fix it for me lol.

But, that's the virtue of owning a car, we all have our own reasons for getting what we get lol. The universal thing is that no matter how we choose to enjoy our cars, we all have some pride in what we got. :cheers:

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I got my car december 29 2015 right now it has 2240miles i barley use it cause i have a mazda 3 as a daily beater. Also from home to work back and forth i only travel a distance of 19miles. My mazda is year 2003 and has 42420miles low mileage for being a beater.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I only drive mine on weekends and I average 1000 miles per month. Just came back from a car meet at the Petersen Automotive Museum so there's another 400 miles.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Only 1,200 on mine & 1/2 of that is running back & forth to the dealer trying to get it fixed + them 'test driving' it.
Haven't seen it in a week now ...................

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
That's a real bummer.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Grasshopper? Lol. I travel in times where i dont deal with traffic! Maybe you shouldnt assume just cause of the area i live in. Congrats you have a car that has 2200 miles of excitement. I have a car that has more than double that of excitement. Do i care? Nope. I deploy most of the year so i like to drive my car when home. And who cares if i hit some traffic, i mean its not like the world will end? Or will it?
Sponsored