Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Just a general question for thought. I don't expect a good or conclusive answer but... Why do guys post the question "What are the best mods" or "What is the best bang for the buck" in reference to Engine modification or Suspension modification, without first revealing what they plan on using the car for? And going a bit further why do so many Forum members immediately jump in and recommend products knowing absolutely nothing about the OP, their needs, or plans?

I am a participant on two other Mustang Forums and I see this on all three. :frusty:
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
This forum would have five threads if we did that.
That's why.
/thread

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Because there are some general "bang for the buck" type of mods that really work in about all applications.

For instance if someone says "what mod offers the best bang for the buck for my 2010 Mustang GT?" I would say a supercharger hands down. I already know since you have a Mustang GT that you most likely want more power and for about 4K you can add 150-200 horses no problem. So it's a general answer. Now if you ask specifically about what you want to do I may have a different answer. Then there is the fact that it's all opinion anyway. Someone else may say a turbo or nitrous.....

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Just a general question for thought. I don't expect a good or conclusive answer but... Why do guys post the question "What are the best mods" or "What is the best bang for the buck" in reference to Engine modification or Suspension modification, without first revealing what they plan on using the car for? And going a bit further why do so many Forum members immediately jump in and recommend products knowing absolutely nothing about the OP, their needs, or plans?

I am a participant on two other Mustang Forums and I see this on all three. :frusty:
1) They are new to modding?

2) They might not really know what they want, or want validation for a mod they may have in mind but are hesitant to mention.....for whatever reason?

3) They are lazy (don't want to search/research) or want to save money by not going through the trials and errors that others have been through by asking what ended up working best for the least amount of money?

4) Members often jump in to offer suggestions/ideas based off what they like and/or what they have done that worked best for them or for others?

I could go on and probably missed some good reasons....:shrug:

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.

..Henry Ford

:ford: