Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
The Bullitt bumper is not the same as the Mach 1 nor does it have all the cooling goodies behind it. It is strange the Aussie version of the Bullitt had it and the North American version didn't
Really don’t think it has anything to do with bumpers and the available ACC on the Aussie and (probably) Euro Mach 1 shows that.
I think the reason for North American Mach 1s not having available ACC remains a mystery.
Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Actually he is on point!
Knowing your buyers sells more widgets
How’s that?
One buyer wants ACC.
Another doesn’t.
Make it an option and they’re both happy.
Two happy widget buyers instead of one.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
So far this is the only genuine attempt to answer the question.
Is this the answer?
Seems to me a 2021 premium-priced sports car should have ACC at least available as an option.
Or maybe the answer is just: "oops, sorry, maybe next year"?
Or maybe it requires the sub woofer option
Ford dot com allow building a Mach 1 yet?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
How’s that?
One buyer wants ACC.
Another doesn’t.
Make it an option and they’re both happy.
Two happy widget buyers instead of one.
How?
Somebody is in the minority....by a margin large enough to loose you as a buyer and you'd still be buyer....vs what it cost to make "you" happy

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I look like him because DNA is DNA

Entitlement isn't a genetic code
It's unfortunately learnnnnned

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
and the available ACC on the Aussie and (probably) Euro Mach 1 shows that.
Our CZ pricelist specifically says that there is no ACC or rear parking sensors on our cars, checked also DE and UK and it has the same thing written there. Making it optional serves no purpose for them because it'd raise the amount of WLTP tests, every option needs to be tested, and that's costly. That's why our cars are in full spec with very little things to choose from (basically only colour, transmission, optional wheels, optional Recaros and optional alarm).

Australian cars probably don't have the WLTP like EU/UK has so it may be different, same with the engine where it has more power due to missing GPF filter. It could be the premium thing indeed, but it'd be weird it wouldn't be included in 700A or at least optional in USA where there are no restrictions and the country is also huge with long distances.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
What doesn’t make sense in North America is that you can get ACC in a GT but you couldn’t in a Bullitt and now you can’t in a Mach 1, even though they are similar to loaded GTs (with a few exceptions, e.g., the Tremec in the Mach 1 and the intake in both).
Maybe you have accidentally hit on the answer there. Maybe it is the Tremec and not the bumper that is the problem. ACC interacts with the transmission and possibly the Tremec simply can't do that ? UK spec cars have standard CC for the Mach 1.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Maybe you have accidentally hit on the answer there. Maybe it is the Tremec and not the bumper that is the problem. ACC interacts with the transmission and possibly the Tremec simply can't do that ? UK spec cars have standard CC for the Mach 1.
No Tremec in the Bullitt.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
How’s that?
It's less about ACC in and of itself here. You're obviously aware that there is such a concept as "it's a driver's car", without quite understanding it.
T.O.Bullitt said:
I bet you’re going to get more than a few folks here saying it’s a driver’s car, so you don’t need adaptive cruise control.
I'd be surprised if the Mach 1 doesn't have a basic cruise control, which should really be sufficient in a "driver's car". If not somewhat excessive if you like doing all of your driving yourself.

Which makes about as much sense to me as saying the Mach 1 shouldn’t have nav or leather seats or you name it.
That reasoning is more about the image you want your car to project to others (gotta have everything, gotta show all the folks around me that I'm 'keeping up'). Not about the car's inherent track readiness or credibility as a driver's car, which is the good part that Ford has baked into this particular trim.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
UK Bullitt's had ACC so no technical reason why it couldn't be fitted. UK Mach 1 doesn't.
Which sounds like it comes back to the Tremec and whatever calibration differences would be required. Calibration differences that have to go through a pretty rigorous certification process (and only get to be spread out over a relatively small number of sales - for a car that is already expensive enough and then some).

Norm
Sponsored