Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've been married for 31 years now. It's not been easy, but we've made it work. The biggest thing for us is that we were rowing the boat in the same direction when it came to careers, family, kid, finances... I tell my kids all the time, if you are dating someone and you are always arguing and cannot agree on the major things, then walk away. Marriage is too hard going into it with a deficit.
My wife wanted to be a stay at home mom and so I worked like crazy to provide for that. In return I got a calm, warm, loving home to come to and a wife who was not stressed out from working two jobs (a job and raising kids). She had her bad days for sure, but she wasn't stretched to the brink like families are today. Live simply and within your means, slow down, resist the urge for you, your spouse, and kids to be in every single activity and don't live your life in a van at a McDonalds drive thru. Covid has actually helped families slow down and actually spend real time together... i've heard story after story of positive things coming out of this time. I still don't understand my wife 100% and she does drive me crazy at times, but we've been through so much together that we are a team at this point... the grass ain't greener on the other side... and at my age it's all brown.... LOL....
Sponsored

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Mine was born in Dominican Republic..... BAM!

Latin Wife Disclaimer
Just in case you are tracking my on-line activity, your are the sweetest wife ever.... all of us are just trying to be funny and one up each other. Please don't suffocate me while I sleep tonight.
Te amo mi bella esposa.... Por favor, no me asfixies.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My wife is from Florida, maybe not as angry but makes up for it in absolute crazy.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Mine is Irish and French, and a former softball player. When she gets mad as hell, she's been known to thrown things. Fortunately, her arm is slowing down just bit, 'cause I can't dip and dodge like I used to!

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Mine is Irish and French, and a former softball player. When she gets mad as hell, she's been known to thrown things. Fortunately, her arm is slowing down just bit, 'cause I can't dip and dodge like I used to!
Long Islander who used to instruct MMA...I get her to punch my back when it starts acting up.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've been married for 31 years now. It's not been easy, but we've made it work. The biggest thing for us is that we were rowing the boat in the same direction when it came to careers, family, kid, finances... I tell my kids all the time, if you are dating someone and you are always arguing and cannot agree on the major things, then walk away. Marriage is too hard going into it with a deficit.
My wife wanted to be a stay at home mom and so I worked like crazy to provide for that. In return I got a calm, warm, loving home to come to and a wife who was not stressed out from working two jobs (a job and raising kids). She had her bad days for sure, but she wasn't stretched to the brink like families are today. Live simply and within your means, slow down, resist the urge for you, your spouse, and kids to be in every single activity and don't live your life in a van at a McDonalds drive thru. Covid has actually helped families slow down and actually spend real time together... i've heard story after story of positive things coming out of this time. I still don't understand my wife 100% and she does drive me crazy at times, but we've been through so much together that we are a team at this point... the grass ain't greener on the other side... and at my age it's all brown.... LOL....
This, just insert 34 years and it is all spot on!!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not suggesting they are a dime a dozen but just find a woman that admits to not understanding men. Those don't get angry at someone in the same boat.

Love doesn't require understanding. Humans don't have a clue how gravity works. But I still love dropping water balloons on someone.

46 years and counting (wife, water balloons much longer).

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Just celebrated 25 years OF MARRIAGE...not just shacked up. Give and take. Sometimes she has a bad day sometimes I have a bad day. My wife isn't angry all the time. But then again I didn't thankfully marry a 'high maintenance-ferrytail wedding/romance seeking-overbearing-keepupwiththejones' minded trophy wife. If you seek a trophy wife as I have described and you can't afford her expect even more problems. Chances are no matter how much you make and give her it won't be enough.

Its amazing how remembering the simple things for a good woman will create happiness.

# 1 - NEVER EVER FORGET THE CARD!

What does this mean? Birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentines Day (screw sweetest day) ALWAYS GET A CARD! Doesn't matter if you buy her a 2 carat diamond. If you forget the card YOU ARE IN THE DOGHOUSE in some manner. You are better off - with a good woman - to remember the card and forget the 2 carat diamond.

#2 - Do the dishes, a load of laundry, sweep a carpet, mop a floor, dust a piece of furniture, or some other house chore (mowing the yard does not count) and then don't point it out. If you empty the dishwasher she will notice. If you load the dishwasher (the sink is now empty) she will notice. IF you run the vacuum she will notice. Do it before she asks and try to do it when she is busy outside or out of the house. Do it enough she notices but not so often she starts expecting it. This applies to households where your wife stays home OR works part time. If she is fulltime outside the home (and you are as well) YOU NEED TO BE DOING HOUSE CHORES WITH HER.

Took me 31 years to find the right woman. It wasn't until I had given up looking and was "taking a break" that I met her. She actually spotted me. And the rest is history.

Watch this video if it isn't already posted here. Very funny but very true in many cases.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I married at 19, and would have been married for 40 years now if she hadn't lost her battle with multiple illnesses 2 years ago. Keep them happy, as impossible as it sounds, because you never know.

91c7bdee6eb053d7a4182143ebf247f6.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Very funny thread for sure guys, good work. still waiting for the female response to this thread titled “why are men so laid back”? .. lol

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Very funny thread for sure guys, good work. still waiting for the female response to this thread titled “why are men so laid back”? .. lol
I figured it would be titled "Why do all the men I date end up being such losers?"

Answer: You keep choosing poorly and thinking you can "FIX HIM".

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I'm old fashioned (Arizona) and she's from The South. We both are devout Catholics. Worked out really well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.