Sponsored

Who would you send your car to? LPF, Sai?

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey guys, in anticipation of my next build I was hoping to get a little info from you guys. I sold my VMP supercharged '15 due to grad school, now looking into options for the next build.

Wanting built motor/twins (or maybe single)set up this go around.

My fear is the frequent many instances of hurt motors lately. Tuners blaming the machinists, machinists blaming tuners, or both blaming the car owner.

So.... I want to send my car off to an all-in-one operation and nobody is local...and that's ok but I want opinions. And this eliminates the finger pointing.

The only two that I really know that'll take care of it all are LPF and Sai Li. They seem to have tons of happy customers and track proven cars. I've dealt with Sai personally, I've bought two of his fuel systems and he's always answered my FB messages.

Any opinions one way or the other.... or maybe another opinion?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
Hey guys, in anticipation of my next build I was hoping to get a little info from you guys. I sold my VMP supercharged '15 due to grad school, now looking into options for the next build.

Wanting built motor/twins (or maybe single)set up this go around.

My fear is the frequent many instances of hurt motors lately. Tuners blaming the machinists, machinists blaming tuners, or both blaming the car owner.

So.... I want to send my car off to an all-in-one operation and nobody is local...and that's ok but I want opinions. And this eliminates the finger pointing.

The only two that I really know that'll take care of it all are LPF and Sai Li. They seem to have tons of happy customers and track proven cars. I've dealt with Sai personally, I've bought two of his fuel systems and he's always answered my FB messages.

Any opinions one way or the other.... or maybe another opinion?
A CPR single kit would be a really cool build to see. Have heard it's one of the best on the market.

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A CPR single kit would be a really cool build to see. Have heard it's one of the best on the market.
I agree a CPR kit would be sweet, but the wait time would be killer for me. If I chose to purchase a built motor and do it all at home, I would highly consider that single kit.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Blows my mind JPC has drug their ass this long on the single kit they had too. Ive heard its being built by Armageddon now. EDP sells a single kit through beefcake racing too.

I seriously have never understood why there still isnt a readily available single kit for the S550 cars.

badash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
I went with LPF for all the reasons you stated. BOBS turbo kit on TOMS engine With JOES tune installed by RAY has too many fingers pointing when and if something goes wrong. Its rare today to find someone that understands the big picture and can do it all.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I went with LPF for all the reasons you stated. BOBS turbo kit on TOMS engine With JOES tune installed by RAY has too many fingers pointing when and if something goes wrong. Its rare today to find someone that understands the big picture and can do it all.
Exactly! I may shoot you a PM if you dont mind, regarding LPF.

And Notagain, I agree. I wish there was a more readily available single turbo kit out there, although it would probably just make my decision harder.

I've got a little time as I wait on the huge sum of cash to be saved, which was the nice thing about the VMP car......I did it all myself as I had the available funds.

Thanks for the input so far! :headbang:

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Sai Li hands down. He is a great guy and will make sure you reach your goals and keep expectations realistic.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hypermotive

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sai Li hands down. He is a great guy and will make sure you reach your goals and keep expectations realistic.
Yea, I figured it would come down to between him and LPF. Both have amazing track results with their builds. I didn't know if something/ someone I have overlooked would get mentioned that I should consider. I know Sai Li does work and he's a solid option. Do you have personal experience with him?

Hypermotive
I do see Hypermotive all over Facebook promoting their deals, and they seem to have good customer rapport. However, all of their stuff is sourced from outside, including tune. And don't get me wrong, I love Lund tuning. My brother has used them on his JT trim s550 and they have always given great advice, service, quick to respond, etc. But again, I want an all-in-one operation. Drop off and pick up and it's all done aside from some track side support, fine tuning, suspension adjustments, etc.

The biggest reason for this, is if a new "built" motor is off, it'll be found during the tuning phase and fixed before I ever have to touch it. At least, that's my hope. lol. Too much money can go into a build for faulty machine work/assembly to be blamed on the tuner or operator of the car. And I just don't want that to ever arise.... I also want to state that I'm not saying it's always the machine work, it could be the tune or operator, and I don't want that to be the case either!

flymd88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin turbo
Midnight GT. I just sent you a PM regarding LPF that I think you might want to read. I will be going public with it on the forums soon depending on how he responds to my request.

Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yea, I figured it would come down to between him and LPF. Both have amazing track results with their builds. I didn't know if something/ someone I have overlooked would get mentioned that I should consider. I know Sai Li does work and he's a solid option. Do you have personal experience with him?

I do see Hypermotive all over Facebook promoting their deals, and they seem to have good customer rapport. However, all of their stuff is sourced from outside, including tune. And don't get me wrong, I love Lund tuning. My brother has used them on his JT trim s550 and they have always given great advice, service, quick to respond, etc. But again, I want an all-in-one operation. Drop off and pick up and it's all done aside from some track side support, fine tuning, suspension adjustments, etc.

The biggest reason for this, is if a new "built" motor is off, it'll be found during the tuning phase and fixed before I ever have to touch it. At least, that's my hope. lol. Too much money can go into a build for faulty machine work/assembly to be blamed on the tuner or operator of the car. And I just don't want that to ever arise.... I also want to state that I'm not saying it's always the machine work, it could be the tune or operator, and I don't want that to be the case either!
That's what happened to me. Spent 16k on am engine and it failed after 1k miles. Everyone blamed everyone else and the root cause once torn down was believed to be either machining or a stud not torqued properly.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
That's what happened to me. Spent 16k on am engine and it failed after 1k miles. Everyone blamed everyone else and the root cause once torn down was believed to be either machining or a stud not torqued properly.
This is typical. Why are you not using your shop in Ft. Worth??:thumbsup:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I do for labor, but they don't tune or build sleeved engines.
Ah hardly any shops sleeve blocks. They have them sent off. Just have your shop in Ft. Worth do all the work. Tuning for a Mustang can be done local as well.
Sponsored