Sponsored

Who wants a Dual Clutch or ZF Style Torqure Converter Auto?

Should Ford have a dual clutch or ZF style transmission

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I would imagine this option would add at least $10K to the cost of the vehicle. Who's willing to pay that for a Mustang that is not a Gt500?
I doubt it. The cost for the new camaro trans is approxately $1800.
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
wouldnt be surprised if a new auto came out in 17/18. Thats when CAFE really starts kicking in

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
I would imagine this option would add at least $10K to the cost of the vehicle. Who's willing to pay that for a Mustang that is not a Gt500?
The cost difference on BMW's is like $2k or less and it they actually go for less on the used market as they make fewer of the true manuals so they become more desirable used.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I definitely would've considered a DCT if it was available when I bought my GT. I loved the one on my GTI. However, I don't want it so bad that I would take the financial hit to trade in my manual for a DCT if they were available today.

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
I like the 6 speed engine brake on downshifts, that is something that I enjoy a lot on canyon drives and the 8+ speed transmissions loose that, unless you shift twice or so. Also this unit is so rugged and dependable...

Therefore, no I wouldn't like to have another one, specially a DCT that's yerky around town, no thanks.

Sponsored

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
I like the 6 speed engine brake on downshifts, that is something that I enjoy a lot on canyon drives and the 8+ speed transmissions loose that, unless you shift twice or so. Also this unit is so rugged and dependable...

Therefore, no I wouldn't like to have another one, specially a DCT that's yerky around town, no thanks.
You have no idea what you are talking about. If you choose the 6r80 over a ZF8speed or a dual clutch you are just out of your mind. These transmissions are just so far ahead as far as performance and driveability it is not even funny.

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
Ha, ha.

I know that for all out performance, they´re faster and more efficient. But I enjoy the 6 speed more, as explained. For the Mustang GT, I want enjoyment and do not care much about economy or track performance, it's already quite fast for the use I have.

And I do have a very goog idea since I have cars with all of this types of transmissions.
Sponsored