Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Honestly i would wait 6months. You could save alot of money but thats just me :)

Are you sure he wasnt quoting for an auto because he ‘thought’ you were aftee the 10speed?
Get em to send you a quote with a breakdown of figures. Seems high..
I asked specifically about it being a manual and that's what he quoted me. From what I understand he's had a few people inquire so i think he's hedging his bets...

He mentioned they all got hit by LCT, which i knew the manual didn't so asked him and he said even the manual. Him and I had a long chat about how much we despise manual lol (well, despise is wrong, i just don't enjoy driving it. I think they're good esp this 10spd but i'm not after ever 0.1 second as for me i don't find it engaging)

Mrs even said we'll wait till the end of the year or knew year for prices to drop.

I've got another dealer who I anticipate may contact me and confirm. He was the first one i went to, liked him a lot and he seemed genuine. Also drives a 240SX so he's cool in my books lol. The other guy seemed a bit more uptight when i met him, this guy not so much.

Question:
1) Have they fixed how the handbrake is on the bloody passenger side?????? Do we know? Thought i would ask anyways.
2) Do we get Drag Mode?
3) I wonder if we get the same gearing as the US!?
I don't have the link sorry, but i believe Drag Mode is gone. Handbrake probably the same left side (which stood out to me when i drove one but then i also drove my Mrs' Hyundai and it was the same but closer since it's a smaller car..).

I don't see why we'd get any different to the 3.73 diff, and the new standard manual gearbox/clutch?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Looks to me like you are all getting taken for a ride... GST should be included in all of the prices. And you should not be paying more than $1k for dealer delivery. Tell them that if they don't do it for $1k you will go to another dealership.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Looks to me like you are all getting taken for a ride... GST should be included in all of the prices. And you should not be paying more than $1k for dealer delivery. Tell them that if they don't do it for $1k you will go to another dealership.
This ^^^^^

GST is included in the retail price - report the dealer to Ford or talk to the dealer principal.

Dodgy stuff there.

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
I think they have set the dealer costs high to give them some wriggle room !!!

Pommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe 2018 Mustang
New member here but hope you don’t mind if I join in as I have the first order in at a Perth Dealer for a 2018 and am finding the whole 2017 or 2018 choice difficult.

I ordered a 2017 2 years ago - all excited and at the time they weren’t depreciating. Seemed like a good buy. Fast forward to January 2017 and the 2018 launched in Detroit - actually hated the launch video and colour but within a few hours and seeing a few mock ups realised the new face looked more modern and the spec updates were quality - so rang the dealer and he was great, changed the order over to a 2018 easily. Interestingly I didn’t know it but my 2017 has landed when I changed over and was 2 weeks from delivery.

Anyway, all good, excited and happy to wait longer.

Fast forward to December and putting the ordering weirdness to one side the 2017 started to tank depreciation wise and I was so thrilled I didn’t sign up to the 2017 at my quoted $68k drive away which one year on would have been worth $47k tops in trade - $21k in 12 months - mental.

So now the 2018 is upon us, not only is the Stang not the hyped up rarity wonder it used to be but now it’s a depreciating heavily vehicle.

The price is actually quite reasonable if you base it on spec but ultimately you can pick up an unregistered 2017 in colour of choice for effectively $17-20,000 less than a 2018. 20 grand - that’s an insane amount in comparison.

People will say ‘oh just get it’ but $20k is a lot of money.

Me I’m financing so even more chance of negative equity and I genuinely think the 2018 will be good for 6 months and then start tanking like the 2017 - there is no way with the fact it is not as in demand and hyped as the 15-17 version, together with higher price and less demand will it be as value stable for the first year. Secondly it’s on a short run and looks like 3-5 months after it lands here the MY19 is getting announced in the US - so it’s on a short cycle which will make it depreciate even more. Thirdly, the on roads are tax on tax so ultimately for a $66k GT Auto it’s at least $73k drive away and that’s before options.

I very much want the 2018 but I’ll wait till year end, after the MY19 is announced and you can pick up one for no more than $60-65k drive away - then it’s a bargain.

Sponsored

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
New member here but hope you don’t mind if I join in as I have the first order in at a Perth Dealer for a 2018 and am finding the whole 2017 or 2018 choice difficult.

I ordered a 2017 2 years ago - all excited and at the time they weren’t depreciating. Seemed like a good buy. Fast forward to January 2017 and the 2018 launched in Detroit - actually hated the launch video and colour but within a few hours and seeing a few mock ups realised the new face looked more modern and the spec updates were quality - so rang the dealer and he was great, changed the order over to a 2018 easily. Interestingly I didn’t know it but my 2017 has landed when I changed over and was 2 weeks from delivery.

Fast forward to December and putting the ordering weirdness to one side the 2017 started to tank depreciation wise and I was so thrilled I didn’t sign up to the 2017 at my quoted $68k drive away which one year on would have been worth $47k tops in trade - $21k in 12 months - mental.

So now the 2018 is upon us, not only is the Stang not the hyped up rarity wonder it used to be but now it’s a depreciating heavily vehicle.

The price is actually quite reasonable if you base it on spec but ultimately you can pick up an unregistered 2017 in colour of choice for effectively $17-20,000 less than a 2018. 20 grand - that’s an insane amount in comparison.

Me I’m financing so even more chance of negative equity and I genuinely think the 2018 will be good for 6 months and then start tanking like the 2017 - there is no way with the fact it is not as in demand and hyped as the 15-17 version, together with higher price and less demand will it be as value stable for the first year. Secondly it’s on a short run and looks like 3-5 months after it lands here the MY19 is getting announced in the US - so it’s on a short cycle which will make it depreciate even more. Thirdly, the on roads are tax on tax so ultimately for a $66k GT Auto it’s at least $73k drive away and that’s before options.

I very much want the 2018 but I’ll wait till year end, after the MY19 is announced and you can pick up one for no more than $60-65k drive away - then it’s a bargain.
Your situation is somewhat similar to mine......I first ordered 23 DEC 16 and was told that they did not know if i would receive a 17 or an 18 and I said lets go 18 and booked it in. ..........In preparation I sold my turbo BMW, my Harley, my Vespa and bought my wife a Merc 250GLA and while I wait i drive my son's corolla.......As it turns out the dealer brought in a 17 in my name and then sold it on before finally confirming my 18 order and i am now negotiating price with them. Buying the 17 allows considerable savings particularly with the various tax components however I would have subsequently spent up on after market accessories which would have brought me back closer to the 18 price........With the 18 I wont be spending up on aftermarket accessories and I do prefer the lower bonnet line which allows better visibity.......Good luck which ever way you go

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

What you are saying and your experience is how many people are thinking. Ford totally mishandled the MY16/17 situation. They went from heavy undersupply to total oversupply in a matter of one year with the result being over the top depreciation. Now, many people are gun shy about MY18. Heavy discounting is bad business.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Received my invoice yesterday
2018, V8, 6MT at $62990 + Kona blue at $550 + Recaro at $3000 + Magneride at $2750 + Forged wheels at $2500 although all prices on my itv exclude GST w high is why my previous prices were different. NSW rego at $1034.96, dealer delivery at $2995, Stamp duty at $$3005, GST at $6825.86, LCT at $2997.15......Total $82,121.61
What dealer is that? Prices seem way off what my dealer was mentioning when we were having a chat last weekend.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Your situation is somewhat similar to mine......I first ordered 23 DEC 16 and was told that they did not know if i would receive a 17 or an 18 and I said lets go 18 and booked it in. ..........In preparation I sold my turbo BMW, my Harley, my Vespa and bought my wife a Merc 250GLA and while I wait i drive my son's corolla.......As it turns out the dealer brought in a 17 in my name and then sold it on before finally confirming my 18 order and i am now negotiating price with them. Buying the 17 allows considerable savings particularly with the various tax components however I would have subsequently spent up on after market accessories which would have brought me back closer to the 18 price........With the 18 I wont be spending up on aftermarket accessories and I do prefer the lower bonnet line which allows better visibity.......Good luck which ever way you go
Hey Bullant - have you been able to get a better deal?
At this stage I am going ahead with the 2018 pending confirmation of a discount.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Hey Bullant - have you been able to get a better deal?
At this stage I am going ahead with the 2018 pending confirmation of a discount.
I have been advised that I will receive a better deal and was expecting an updated contract offer yesterday........I now expect it today and i will advise you when I receive it.......I would then anticipate going ahead with the 2018.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
I'll let you know if I can get a deal - they have been a bit slow getting back to me also

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I have been advised that I will receive a better deal and was expecting an updated contract offer yesterday........I now expect it today and i will advise you when I receive it.......I would then anticipate going ahead with the 2018.
Given your first one was above RRP they're probably now going to give you RRP and claim they're giving you a discount. Exercise caution before signing anything.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Got a price on Shadowblack GT auto with wing yesterday! 74k drive away,
just waiting on price breakdown before i sign a contract.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto