Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Are dealers actually obliged to report actual cash transactions? For obvious reasons ie. black/drug money. Mustang must attract a few people in that circle.
Yep. Anthing over 10k.

Only car i've ever sold for cash was a black honda accord euro luxury 10 years ago so he could drive to brisbane that afternoon... Nothing sus.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Seriously $80k for the new mustang with Magnaride and auto. What's the point. The car is not worth anywhere near that much especially considering the paint issues, panel alignment issues, poor quality trim level.

$80k pushes it to a price this car should never be, you are looking at faster and more refined cars from German stables at that price.

I thank that the second hand market will also not keep a $20k difference between the 17 and 18 models. So anyone who buys the 18 better be prepared to take a bath.
Last time I checked, you could only buy a new euro V8 rwd coupe/vert for nothing much under $150k. $80k is getting up there. But the base My18GT is $5.5K RRP over MY17 with lots of extra gear and probably better sorted in many ways. So there are another $10k or so in options which pushes up LCT. Have you looked at option prices on euro cars? Once MY17 stock is cleared and if Ford doesn't oversupply again, MY16/17 prices could stabilise. A big IF though.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Last time I checked, you could only buy a new euro V8 rwd coupe/vert for nothing much under $150k. $80k is getting up there. But the base My18GT is $5.5K RRP over MY17 with lots of extra gear and probably better sorted in many ways. So there are another $10k or so in options which pushes up LCT. Have you looked at option prices on euro cars? Once MY17 stock is cleared and if Ford doesn't oversupply again, MY16/17 prices could stabilise. A big IF though.
Spot on , Mick.
I lost significant money on a M3 after 3 years that I bought new (the last of the straight 6 cars before the V8's) and I waited 12 months for that.
The specs for the 2018 GT suit me and the price is a little higher but I reckon in 3-4 years when I want to change it's resale will be within normal limits.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
no v8 yes.. but v8 only option you really have now is c63.. @150k ish range.

but at 80k.. i am sure m2, rs3 and amg45 (new one coming soon). will give it a run for its money.. oh btw even if a mustang is 10k cheaper, than a m2 or rs3 or a45.. its 10k nearer to a german factory car and 20k higher than where the "segment" competition is @60k

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
no v8 yes.. but v8 only option you really have now is c63.. @150k ish range.

but at 80k.. i am sure m2, rs3 and amg45 (new one coming soon). will give it a run for its money.. oh btw even if a mustang is 10k cheaper, than a m2 or rs3 or a45.. its 10k nearer to a german factory car and 20k higher than where the "segment" competition is @60k
C63 Vert is $180k and I would swap in heart beat, even though Mustang is better looking to my eyes. M2, RS3 ,A45 would all run rings around Mustang but M2 has little visual appeal for me and the other two are hot shopping trolleys at the end of the day.

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
C63 Vert is $180k and I would swap in heart beat, even though Mustang is better looking to my eyes. M2, RS3 ,A45 would all run rings around Mustang but M2 has little visual appeal for me and the other two are hot shopping trolleys at the end of the day.
honestly.. c63.. not worth 180k... not that much car for that kind of money when u compare to a cayman or equivalent.. but of course not practical.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
honestly.. c63.. not worth 180k... not that much car for that kind of money when u compare to a cayman or equivalent.. but of course not practical.
yeah but they look so good :)

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Of course $180k is to much. A lot more car than a cayman though and a 911 is $260k+.

rosc0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic V8SC
OTT Stripes - $650
Silver Wheels - $500
Forged Wheels - $2500
Sick Wing - $750
Recaros - $3000
MagneRide - $2750

Eco Manual - $49,990
Eco Auto - $52,990
Eco Vert - $59,490
GT Manual - $62,990
GT Auto - $66,259 (includes LCT)
GT Vert - $74,709 (includes LCT)
Also standard!

- New front end design
- LED headlights, fog lamps & DTRLs
- Iconic tribar DTRLs
- Hood vents
- New tail lamp design
- Quad exhaust tips on GT

- 12.3" Digital cluster with MyColour
- Soft door roll over
- Wrapped & stitched centre console valance
- Premium leather door trim
- Shaker pro sound system with 12 speakers and sub-woofer

- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane departure warning & lane keep assist
- Glovebox/passenger knee airbag
- Adaptive cruise control
- Auto levelling headlamps
- Auto high beam
Excellent info, thanks very much. Price increase looks reasonable for the extra kit. :)

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
What are the silver wheel options and forged wheels, selected for Australia.
Are they 20 inch?
Does that include tyres?

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
What are the silver wheel options and forged wheels, selected for Australia.
Are they 20 inch?
Does that include tyres?
Both 19" and the option price is just the difference over and above the standard wheel/tyre. Yes it includes the tyres.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Both 19" and the option price is just the difference over and above the standard wheel/tyre. Yes it includes the tyres.
Are there catalogue pics for Australia yet?
Cos I think nineteen different wheels available in US.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Are there catalogue pics for Australia yet?
Cos I think nineteen different wheels available in US.
The dealers have a guide but it is for them only apparently. For the GT there is only the standard Aus wheel or the optional forged wheel mentioned in the dealers guide.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Gee, this thread has taken off a bit today, now that MY18 details are out there. With all the MY18 goodies , maybe Mustang sales will be regenerated for while.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
The dealers have a guide but it is for them only apparently. For the GT there is only the standard Aus wheel or the optional forged wheel mentioned in the dealers guide.
So now, no member of the public in Australia knows what the wheel options are, or sure what is supplied ex- factory.
Sponsored