Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Not wanting to go OT but I was just wondering, amidst all the discussion and pricing has anyone asked their potential selling dealer if the oil cooler and evaparator issues were fixed?
The dealer will just tell you what you want to hear and chances are, they wouldn't know anyway.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I have been offered an auto gt with magnaride for approx 75k which is a fair wack from the 79k and change from original quote..

Looking at the posts here it seems even these first delivery cars are being discounted... ford au really did fuck this up didn’t they

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I have been offered an auto gt with magnaride for approx 75k which is a fair wack from the 79k and change from original quote..

Looking at the posts here it seems even these first delivery cars are being discounted... ford au really did fuck this up didn’t they
$75k sounds like the correct RRP on road anyway. $69k for auto with mag+ORC. About right. No discount there.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
$75k sounds like the correct RRP on road anyway. $69k for auto with mag+ORC. About right. No discount there.
Sorry, there could be about a $2k discount in that. I can see a few MY18s sitting around in 6months with $10k discounts.

Last edited:

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Sorry, there could be about a $2k discount in that. I can see a few MY18s sitting around in 6months with $10k discounts.
Yeah I agree, I just think they won’t move fast at that kind of thing pricing. Ohwell :)

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What dealer is that? Prices seem way off what my dealer was mentioning when we were having a chat last weekend.
Did you end up taking delivery of your second car, [MENTION=26587]apsilon[/MENTION]?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Did you end up taking delivery of your second car, @apsilon ?
Bottom line, no. Second car was damaged. After 2 damaged cars, with the second experiencing production delays, shipping delays and being quarantined I decided to take the hint and am not going ahead with it. Haven't decided anything past that at this stage.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t know why they bother with the 57k number.

Just quote the MSRP ffs !
I get what you mean but a tax invoice should provide a breakdown of costs and it therefore needs to show the total GST amount.

If someone is salary sacrificing a novated lease for them then it's good to know you're actually saving $6.2k straight off the bat (using the values in Idmmustang's case)

Sponsored

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
Not wanting to go OT but I was just wondering, amidst all the discussion and pricing has anyone asked their potential selling dealer if the oil cooler and evaparator issues were fixed?
Dam good question to which I would also like the answer to.......I would doubt if any dealer would know the answer at this stage........would that question be better asked on a US forum ?

Idmmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
57k+GST = ~62.5k MSRP.
Thanks I don't know why I didn't think of that.:crazy:
but still weird they have some thing like magnaride inc GST and some without.
I will ring today and let you know the outcome.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks I don't know why I didn't think of that.:crazy:
but still weird they have some thing like magnaride inc GST and some without.
I will ring today and let you know the outcome.
Advertised price should always be inc GST for general sales, but come invoice time it'll always be ex GST as they need to show the breakdown :)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Advertised price should always be inc GST for general sales, but come invoice time it'll always be ex GST as they need to show the breakdown :)
My written quote lists all items including GST. After vehicle total (including GST) it has "GST component included" total.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same effect (from memory i think they just need to denote what isn't a taxable supply for that format), though it's interesting as you'd expect Ford Dealerships would run the same accounting software and therefore have same default invoice setups/layouts
Sponsored