Sponsored

Who has the best deal on gt350 intakes?

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
But for sbout half the cost you could buy Steeda CAI & tune to see 30 bhp all throughout the rpm range. Sure, you'll be shifting sooner but you're already ahead!

No need to wait for 6500 rpm to get the bhp gain.

I'd say 99.9% of people doing this IM install would already have an intake and tune. This would very rarely be a first mod.
Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I appreciate your explanations and agree with the different scenarios.

I look at it as, I'm a blue collar worker making <$100K a year saving for both my kid's college & my retirement.

I want my weekend fun car to be faster. The best bang for the buck is CAI & tune. Power I can feel in normal driving rpm range as I cruise from stoplight to stoplight.

Now, if I was open tracking the car or canyon carving, it would be different.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sounds like this is not for you then. I can't wait to get this with some long tube headers installed!
Intake and tune is a nice little bump but nowhere near enough for what I want.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you need to replace the oil pump gear with this setup? And what happens when you mix it with a cam?

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Not to divert the excellent discussion here as this mod surely is not for everyone But since this thread is asking for the best price we figured we would chime in.

GT350 Intake and 87mm Throttle Body

1,050.00 with Free Shipping

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Benny

Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I appreciate your explanations and agree with the different scenarios.

I look at it as, I'm a blue collar worker making <$100K a year saving for both my kid's college & my retirement.

I want my weekend fun car to be faster. The best bang for the buck is CAI & tune. Power I can feel in normal driving rpm range as I cruise from stoplight to stoplight.

Now, if I was open tracking the car or canyon carving, it would be different.
Don't spend your money on this until you are ready to make it a tracking car or canyon carver. Buy a set of long tubes and get it tuned, it'll give you what you're looking for as well as a nice awesome sound boost.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Don't spend your money on this until you are ready to make it a tracking car or canyon carver. Buy a set of long tubes and get it tuned, it'll give you what you're looking for as well as a nice awesome sound boost.
I'm just finishing up a header, exhaust, and tune install, but I'm really excited about the gt350 manifold. Why? Same reason I didn't pick the camaro over the mustang, I like the high rpm pull. It's all about how the car makes me feel. Pretty sure this car will never see a track, it's a daily driver.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
B... what about the CAI from the gt350?
There are quite a few components that make up the induction system. Shoot me over your email address and the parts your looking for and I will send you a quote.

-Benny
gt350 induction.gif

Sponsored

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Yo do not have to replace the oil pump gears when installing this manifold. You can bet that aftermarket cams designed to make more top end power will do just that...make more top end power :)

We will eventually be designing our own cam grind since even Comps "Stage 3" cams are pretty tiny compared to what we have uses on 11-14 Coyotes. Comps are good for simple drop in but if you want to make real power (beyond 500hp) you need to go big and possibly lock out the cam phasers. Not sure what direction we will go first just yet but 550-600whp should be obtainable N/A.