Who has changed to aftermarket half shafts. Whos did you go with

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi everyone I am trying to figure out what after market half shafts to go with. I know D..S.S makes 2 different sets and Ford Racing makes a set. I'm been having issues with my 91 mustang and not sure if it will be ready for the NMRA race at the end of april. So I am looking into possiable racing the 205 GT. So I am thinking about ordering half shafts just incase i need to run this car.

I am trying tofigure out whos to go with. How do you guys like the after market shafts. How much heavier are they over stock? Thanks
Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
FR, cant beat OE quality. They are super beefy, absolutely heavier than the stockers, but they are a work of art!!

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Ford racing, have a lifetime warranty through gforce can't go wrong

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
FR, cant beat OE quality. They are super beefy, absolutely heavier than the stockers, but they are a work of art!!
I just got mine and was checking them out. Are the left and right stickers mismatched?

The longer one (bottom axle in picture) has a sticker that reads 'left', but thought this was the opposite of what I have seen in install videos. I guess when I take out the stock one, I can measure the size, but it would be comforting to know Ford Racing messed up.

Thanks,

Ivan

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine and was checking them out. Are the left and right stickers mismatched?

The longer one (bottom axle in picture) has a sticker that reads 'left', but thought this was the opposite of what I have seen in install videos. I guess when I take out the stock one, I can measure the size, but it would be comforting to know Ford Racing messed up.

Thanks,

Ivan

Top one in your photo is the passenger side.

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I can offer any advice for the swap it's this: it is sooo much easier to just remove the whole hub/rotor assembly from the car. By doing this, you can just pull the stock axle out by hand. No need for pry bars. In fact, there is no need to get under the car. And you gain a lot of room to put the new axles in. Aftermarket axles don't flex and articulate as much as the stockers do so you gain a bunch of time without headaches.

I talk about it here with a pic:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42082&page=5

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
If I can offer any advice for the swap it's this: it is sooo much easier to just remove the whole hub/rotor assembly from the car. By doing this, you can just pull the stock axle out by hand. No need for pry bars. In fact, there is no need to get under the car. And you gain a lot of room to put the new axles in. Aftermarket axles don't flex and articulate as much as the stockers do so you gain a bunch of time without headaches.

I talk about it here with a pic:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42082&page=5
Awesome. Will do. I can't wait to get my car back home to work on it. It's sleeping overnight at the dealership for a crapped out rear camera.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And......lol. Now would be a great opportunity to swap out the toe link rubber bushing for the spherical one. BMR has a thread about doing this in the suspension section.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
And......lol. Now would be a great opportunity to swap out the toe link rubber bushing for the spherical one. BMR has a thread about doing this in the suspension section.
I'm already taking a lot of flak for buying my halfshafts. You're right, but you're gonna get me killed. :lol:
Sponsored