Who has a roush catback?

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Is the roush catback much louder than the stock s550 exhaust? If you have a roush are you happy with it? What other exhaust do some of you guys own and are happy with it? Thanks Dan
Sponsored

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is the roush catback much louder than the stock s550 exhaust? If you have a roush are you happy with it? What other exhaust do some of you guys own and are happy with it? Thanks Dan
No it is not much louder. it has a great tone, quiet at freeway speeds/cruising but has a nice burble/tone as you get on it but it is never too loud imo.

OP
OP
Dan243

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If I put an h pipe with the catback would that make it louder?

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I have the Roush cat back with x-pipe. It is quite a bit louder than stock for sure. It pops and has a crackle when you let off the throttle. I’m not sure how much that has to do with the exhaust or the tune that came with the supercharger since they went on at the same time. It’s louder than a GT350R on normal exhaust mode, but quieter than the track mode on cold start. It sure gets rowdy on the ears at WOT.

OP
OP
Dan243

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have the Roush cat back with x-pipe. It is quite a bit louder than stock for sure. It pops and has a crackle when you let off the throttle. I’m not sure how much that has to do with the exhaust or the tune that came with the supercharger since they went on at the same time. It’s louder than a GT350R on normal exhaust mode, but quieter than the track mode on cold start. It sure gets rowdy on the ears at WOT.
I am sure the supercharger helps make it crackle...

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
No it is not much louder. it has a great tone, quiet at freeway speeds/cruising but has a nice burble/tone as you get on it but it is never too loud imo.
I haven’t gotten to experience other systems than what I’ve mentioned, but have had a couple S550’s rev up on me and it was deafening. The Roush is not deafening or quiet.

I typically have the windows down so that may change the perspective.

GOTdaBLACK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, Shadow Black, MT82D4, PP1
I installed a Roush axle back on my Stang. Loud on a cold start. Then, burbles beautifully at idle, and is perfectly loud at WOT. I especially love the pops and crackles when you roll to a stop. Sounds like a muscle car to me.

OP
OP
Dan243

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sounds like this maybe the exhaust I am looking for.... i will also buy an h pipe and see if it sounds better. Thank you all who replied

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I just got my Roush Catback yesterday and will be putting it on shortly. I have a neighbor who is a dealer and I was able to get it for $899. So def shop around as I haven't seen that low of a price anywhere else.
Exhaust.PNG

Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Mine is loud as shit but I have an x pipe as well.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
So I have installed the Roush axle-backs. I love it. It is loud on start-up. Beautiful muscle car tone and amazing at WOT.
American Muscle says no drone however, mine does drone while at cruising speed. BUT HEY...it's a Mustang, not a Limo.
:rockon:

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I have Roush Cat Back Active exhaust on my 19PP1. I installed resonator on it when installed. It is definitely louder then stock at highway speeds. Great tone with no crackling. Cold starts are not bad. WOT and it barks pretty loud.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Just the catback is pretty loud. If you do high-flow cats or no cats it is bananas. Add longtube headers and it is stupid loud. This is my experience with my '14.

I put a Roush catback system on my buddies 18 GT with the A10 and you can definitely be heard. The worst part about the Roush systems is the cold start. The cold start is ear piercing and lethal when close.