Sponsored

Anyone who has the Roush CAI installed, anyone run with an fully intact engine cover?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen two examples of someone running the Roush CAI with lid and not having to cut up the engine cover, so I was curious on how it is achieved. is the cover slightly bent a bit over the Roush lid, or the driver side screw not tightened all the way?

Or Roush tells you to cut it up so you can fully tighten all screws on the cover?

Here is one example on some car I found on the internet

roush.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to find some vague answers by combing customer photos off AM,

one said "Do not cut off your plastic cover. You won’t need to. Add a spacer made from a cut piece of rubber hose." another said "1/2" spacer under driver side of engine cover"

So not so sure, but one did post an image of some spacer. So I think this is the solution?

318762_C33407CA.jpg

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have seen two examples of someone running the Roush CAI with lid and not having to cut up the engine cover, so I was curious on how it is achieved. is the cover slightly bent a bit over the Roush lid, or the driver side screw not tightened all the way?

Or Roush tells you to cut it up so you can fully tighten all screws on the cover?

Here is one example on some car I found on the internet

roush.JPG
Ford installed mine and did not cut the engine cover. I asked about it and said there is no need unless you want to.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
On a side note, does that lid seal completely over the intake? I’ve been interested in this intake but read that IAT’s get quite hot. Wondering how the seal is on the closed lid. Thanks!

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ford installed mine and did not cut the engine cover. I asked about it and said there is no need unless you want to.
Yeah probably works that way by just not screwing it all the way down on driver side, I guess a space helps set it better and stable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note, does that lid seal completely over the intake? I’ve been interested in this intake but read that IAT’s get quite hot. Wondering how the seal is on the closed lid. Thanks!
Some put insulation tape especially around the hole where the insert exits the tub, it seems a little open. Also can add some to the lid. It dies bring IAT down vs the older open one on 15-17, but not perfect unless you seal it up a little more. I hear it works a bit better at higher speeds. stock is better for local driving with IAT.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Hmm yeah interesting I was wondering if it could match stock IAT’s around town. Tryin to find an aftermarket setup that can

Some put insulation tape especially around the hole where the insert exits the tub, it seems a little open. Also can add some to the lid. It dies bring IAT down vs the older open one on 15-17, but not perfect unless you seal it up a little more. I hear it works a bit better at higher speeds. stock is better for local driving with IAT.
Sponsored