Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Only Ford product that has the shipping blocks is the GT350R because it is so low that it will not fit on the trucks. All other MagneRide equipped cars do not come with blocks.
GT350R's get shipped on trucks all of the time.

How do you think all of the R models get from the destination rail yards to each respective Ford dealership?

:)
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
GT350R's get shipped on trucks all of the time.

How do you think all of the R models get from the destination rail yards to each respective Ford dealership?

That’s a direct quote from Ford Motor Company when I interviewed them about MagneRide so :)

I think you might have misread the statement because I don’t understand your question because the quote directly answers it: the GT350R uses shipping blocks to get on the trucks to make it from the the factory to dealerships. It is the only MagneRide equipped car that comes with shipping blocks.

So I am confused about your question?

Per Ford, the shipping blocks are required on the GT350R because of ride height is so low that it will not make it on to the truck without it, thus they created the shipping blocks to raise the ride height so that they could be loaded onto the transports. The blocks are to be discarded at the dealership where they are removed and the suspension reverts back at the zero position.

No other MagneRide equipped car, ecoboost or GT, or GT350 base comes with the shipping blocks. Thus the statement:

Only Ford product that has the shipping blocks is the GT350R because it is so low that it will not fit on the trucks. All other MagneRide equipped cars do not come with blocks.

Last edited:

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My 2019 had a blend date of 3/14. Has anyone with a blend date around this time had the status change of their vehicle change from "In Production" to anything else? Trying to get a read on when/if the status of my vehicle will ever change.
Mine has a blend date of 03/25/19. No movement other than the site says 28 days and grows by one each day. Grrrr!

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
I just recieved an update from Ford Performance. My GT350 has been produced as of 5/3/19 but has not left the plant. ETA to dealer is May 9th-15th. I'm not very confident..

Reactions: GJB

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That’s a direct quote from Ford Motor Company when I interviewed them about MagneRide so :)

I think you might have misread the statement because I don’t understand your question because the quote directly answers it: the GT350R uses shipping blocks to get on the trucks to make it from the the factory to dealerships. It is the only MagneRide equipped car that comes with shipping blocks.

So I am confused about your question?

Per Ford, the shipping blocks are required on the GT350R because of ride height is so low that it will not make it on to the truck without it, thus they created the shipping blocks to raise the ride height so that they could be loaded onto the transports. The blocks are to be discarded at the dealership where they are removed and the suspension reverts back at the zero position.

No other MagneRide equipped car, ecoboost or GT, or GT350 base comes with the shipping blocks. Thus the statement:

The way your post was written it was easy to misread your post which I did.

Very familiar with the shipping blocks as I have 3 sets of them from the Base R's that I have owned. Not only are the polyurethane shipping blocks used to slightly increase the ride height but they are used so that there is no suspension travel during rail and road transport.

A few of my car buddies ended up driving around with both front and rear shipping blocks that were left in place in error by the dealerships where in some other cases the dealerships only removed the fronts of backs but in any event many Ford dealerships are not aware that the R models come with polyurethanes shipping blocks with some owners driving around the country with them still installed.

In some cases recalibration for the MagneRide has to take place after settling as that was the case with my first Base R namely GR107.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
You can't make this shit up if you tried. The train broke down and now my ETA vanished into thin air.:ninja:

Why Ford has no contingencies is beyond me. :shock:

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You can't make this shit up if you tried. The train broke down and now my ETA vanished into thin air.:ninja:

Unbelievable!! I'm convinced these f' ing 2019's are cursed. If something doesn't happen within the next few weeks I'm going to cancel my order. These cars have been sitting in the open for better than an month. Can't imagine what that has done to a newly painted finish.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Unbelievable!! I'm convinced these f' ing 2019's are cursed. If something doesn't happen within the next few weeks I'm going to cancel my order. These cars have been sitting in the open for better than an month. Can't imagine what that has done to a newly painted finish.
I feel your frustration but I'm certain the car will be worth the wait, that's if it ever shows up.lol

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350

Another train broken down?

Fear not - mine and GJB's were barely delayed and are currently passing through Illinois. Probably changing lines in Chicago.

Sponsored

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019

How did you find out? I didn't check with Ford today because I assume my car is moving.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
How did you find out? I didn't check with Ford today because I assume my car is moving.
Dealer would have to look at dealerconnection and tell you. I've tried everything else - even tracking the railcar number, but the system didn't work for me.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I guess my car is coming via a slow train through Georgia (I think that was an old folk song?).

I do plan to check the condition of the factory paint.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
I just realized something. With all of us sharing our issues, does anyone think it has anything to do with the "Vudoo" Motor? I think Ford has cast a spell on all of us.
Sponsored