lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
So anyone else? Its occacional like once or twice a week and just for a while. Its not rev dependant meaning that theres not a huge cloud of smoke if i rev it up.
Please somebody tell me its normal and not a head gasket or coolant leak
Sponsored

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
You will get what appears to be smoke coming out of your exhaust on start up but that is dependent on the weather. All 3 of our vehicles do that. If it's more than that or somewhere else there are 2 recent threads on blue smoke and white smoke. Good luck.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
search...

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium

Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'd bet money it's the same issue because my smoke was more white to me than blue, but it came about when I switched to a catless dp. I bumped the idle to 900, switched to rotella, put on a catch-can and check valve and had no issues for probably 7k now.

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I'd bet money it's the same issue because my smoke was more white to me than blue, but it came about when I switched to a catless dp. I bumped the idle to 900, switched to rotella, put on a catch-can and check valve and had no issues for probably 7k now.
thank you for the answer, im already on rotella, stock dp but no catch can. Ill get one asap

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
you have the baffled mishimoto right? you installed it yourself?
You should read the thread or at least the last couple pages. The catch can won't fix the problem by itself...

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
lisandra

Need more info , when is it smoking , when its cold in morning , after hard boosting and letting off .
Its going to be hard to know w/o more info .
With the oil smoking, this seems to get trigger more with A/C on, cause your vacuum drops , so seems it could be some pressure building up at low idle speed in crankcase .

On water/coolant if your worried , what you could do is put piece of tape on your coolant tank .
then in morning put a cold mark on tape (make sure car is level ) , do the same when hot .
now you have two reference marks and should not go down over time , week, month etc (pull tape off when testing done).
There are also things to look for if you had coolant leaking into combustion (bad head gasket/head ) .
Your coolant temp can move fast with load put on engine , sometimes you can see bubbles in coolant system from expansion tank or rad cap but its really hard to tell w/o proper tests if it just small amount .

All that said, I doubt you have issue with so new car, these look to have nice head gaskets .

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
you have the baffled mishimoto right? you installed it yourself?
Yeah it's fairly simple, I was able to install it without having to get under the car...if you have small hand it's possible. I also installed a one way check valve after the catch can. That and switching to rotella and bumping the idle in my tune to 900rpms solved it for me...you will see in the long thread others actually gutted their pcv.

You want to have a catch can on the car regardless, so it's not a waste of money even if it doesn't solve the issue for you.

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yeah it's fairly simple, I was able to install it without having to get under the car...if you have small hand it's possible. I also installed a one way check valve after the catch can. That and switching to rotella and bumping the idle in my tune to 900rpms solved it for me...you will see in the long thread others actually gutted their pcv.

You want to have a catch can on the car regardless, so it's not a waste of money even if it doesn't solve the issue for you.
A one way check valve seems like a simpler idea than gutting the pcv, or am i wrong? I read a good while of it and quite frankly im getting a bit paranoid. Who did your tune for the idle thing?

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
A one way check valve seems like a simpler idea than gutting the pcv, or am i wrong? I read a good while of it and quite frankly im getting a bit paranoid. Who did your tune for the idle thing?
The PCV valve *is* a check valve. If you don't gut it, you shouldn't need to get another check valve. Some people like to add a check valve between the intake manifold and the catch can so that the catch can doesn't see boost pressure when the intake manifold is under boost. That's totally optional though. If the manufacturer of the catch can doesn't include a check valve, it should be because the catch can can handle the boost pressure.
Sponsored