Sponsored

Whipple- Upgrade Suggestions

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I'm looking into getting the car ready for the drag strip. I plan on going no more than 1 or 2 weekends a month or 6 to 8 times a year. Other than tires, below are the next batch of mods I plan on purchasing to ensure the car can withstand the abuse/ extend longevity.

1. UPR Whipple catch can
2. MGW X-spec shifter
3. Whipple upgraded HE
4. Reische thermostat
5. DSS CF driveshaft
6. DSS 800 hp axles
7. RST clutch w/billet flywheel

I was hoping to get feedback on the drivline mods. My reasoning for doing the clutch, shifter, and drive shaft all at once is to save on labor. However, I'm starting to question myself if investing in a driveshaft, shifter, and clutch for the MT-82 is a good idea given the power I'm already making (723/ 560 on 93 octane on DYNAPACKS). My concern is if the MT-82 can't support these power levels and breaks, my next move would to be to upgrade to a Magnum XL, which would be incompatible with the clutch, shifter, driveshaft that I purchased for the MT-82, and thus wasted money.

As far as ultimate power goals, I plan on keeping the car on the Whipple tune running 93 octane and the current 3.75 pulley. I might consider one pulley size down if I can't hit 10s with the 3.75.

Car currently has 4,100 miles on it. Stock clutch seems to be holding so far, but I know its days are numbered when I start launching it at the track. Now that I have raised the rev limiter to 7,800 rpm after the ATI/OPG/CS install, I do experience occasional difficulty hitting 3rd.

Nonetheless, looking for suggestions on whether it makes sense to do the mods listed above, given my logic and power goals.

BTW, vendors feel free to chime in if you would like to provide a "bundled package price" quote on the above items.

As always, I appreciate any and all feedback...Kev:headbang:
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If you have the money, do the 6060 swap now and buy the shifter and DS once. Definitely do the half shafts, but perhaps look at the 1400 version so you don't buy those twice too.

OP
OP
stang17

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
If you have the money, do the 6060 swap now and buy the shifter and DS once. Definitely do the half shafts, but perhaps look at the 1400 version so you don't buy those twice too.
Do you know if the Whipple Tune would need to be updated to work with the 6060 swap?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Do you know if the Whipple Tune would need to be updated to work with the 6060 swap?
I bet yes. Lund did have to tweak the tune for mine.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if you keep the mt82, for sure, if not, then hold off

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
my next mod would be ditch the 3:73 and get 3:31 so you wont have to shift into 5th
Sponsored