Whipple tune e.t.

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Think my problem with the suspension tuning may have reared its head tonight on the ride home from work. Heard a loud bang from the rear, pulled over to take a look and found the right rear shock had blown out. Interesting note, vikings blood is purple.. I was going to send them in over the winter to have them looked at anyways, there is no reason I should have to max out compression to try to keep it from squatting so much..

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I got the rear wheels and tires off of craigslist with two passes on them, they are american muscle 17x10.5 w/ 28x10 hoosiers. They are not listed on their site to fit the s550, but they fit perfect with no modifications. I bought the front wheels from american muscle 18x8, again not listed to fit and did require a little grinding of the caliper (could have used a spacer). Tires are cheapies I bought off amazon for 35 shipped, lol.
Thanks , that really helps ... :thumbsup:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Think my problem with the suspension tuning may have reared its head tonight on the ride home from work. Heard a loud bang from the rear, pulled over to take a look and found the right rear shock had blown out. Interesting note, vikings blood is purple.. I was going to send them in over the winter to have them looked at anyways, there is no reason I should have to max out compression to try to keep it from squatting so much..
Did you have the softer lower bushing from Viking ? The reason I asked is the stock hard bushings in the lower puts the shock in a real bad bind ..I know of two others that had the same blow out as you .. The softer bushing doesn't put the shock in as much of a bind as the old hard bushing do .. So when you send them back make sure you tell them you want the updated softer lower bushings ..

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
You can safely run ms109 on the whipple tune? You have boost a pump or still rocking the stock fuel pump?

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Bmr drag springs, cradle lockout, viking shocks, and a good alignment. It has pypes headers, 3" exhaust I made to the factory mufflers.
Props for still using the factory mufflers!!!:thumbsup: I run the Pypes headers (no cats) with factory mufflers and I love the sound.

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You can safely run ms109 on the whipple tune? You have boost a pump or still rocking the stock fuel pump?

Why couldn't you? It's not optimum obviously because it will only allow a certain amount of timing (would make more power on a race gas tune that allowed more timing and an aggressive ramp), but if you are just increasing the octane, it isn't going to hurt anything. I used it on a 3.75 pulley as well, it's just piece of mind to me. No bap. According to Whipple their system supports enough fuel for a 3.25 pulley on ms109 @ min. of 20 degrees ambient. I wasn't daring enough to try the 3.25, so I went with the 3.375 and shifted at 7250, instead of the normal 7800. I was really hoping to put into away for the winter still running, and it looks like I will be able too.

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Props for still using the factory mufflers!!!:thumbsup: I run the Pypes headers (no cats) with factory mufflers and I love the sound.

Lol. I like the unassuming look. I drive it daily with the stock wheels/tires, it looks completely stock from the outside. Much easier to bait the Hellcats around here.:lol:

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Why couldn't you? It's not optimum obviously because it will only allow a certain amount of timing (would make more power on a race gas tune that allowed more timing and an aggressive ramp), but if you are just increasing the octane, it isn't going to hurt anything. I used it on a 3.75 pulley as well, it's just piece of mind to me. No bap. According to Whipple their system supports enough fuel for a 3.25 pulley on ms109 @ min. of 20 degrees ambient. I wasn't daring enough to try the 3.25, so I went with the 3.375 and shifted at 7250, instead of the normal 7800. I was really hoping to put into away for the winter still running, and it looks like I will be able too.
I was just curious since the stoich is different, wasn't sure if the tune could adjust for it.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bmr drag springs, cradle lockout, viking shocks, and a good alignment. It has pypes headers, 3" exhaust I made to the factory mufflers.
I like the sound you get with headers and stock mufflers. Does it sound good in person?

Sponsored

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well done!! Great times and darn impressive you are nearing 9's with you setup and manual. You're still on the stock MT-82 other than spec clutch, right?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
These types of setups impress me way more than someonethat throws the emtire catalog at a car and csn barely run mid 10s LOL.

Love the wheel and tire combo too!

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I like the sound you get with headers and stock mufflers. Does it sound good in person?
I guess that is pretty subjective, but I like the sound, its pretty quiet cruising around but it lets you know something is going on when you hit the loud pedal.

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Well done!! Great times and darn impressive you are nearing 9's with you setup and manual. You're still on the stock MT-82 other than spec clutch, right?
Yup. Still has the factory fluid in it too.
Sponsored