Sponsored

Whipple + Stock Tires =

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You hardly ever hear anybody posting times so I figured I would post what you can expect for a stage 2 whipple on an otherwise stock car. Its a base gt manual trans, only other modifications from the whipple is a Steeda shifter and DSS axles, stock tires.

Went 11.73 @ 127.4 2.0 60'. 11.72 @ 128.6 2.0 60'. 11.71 @ 129.8 2.0 60'.

Flight control was at 80% first three gears, and I had to lift and shift every pass so it didn't go for the wall too bad. Think it would have taken more power in third but I forgot the laptop. Tried a second gear start but the clutch let me know it wasn't too happy with me. Overall I can't complain, the thing is def. making some steam.
Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
You hardly ever hear anybody posting times so I figured I would post what you can expect for a stage 2 whipple on an otherwise stock car. Its a base gt manual trans, only other modifications from the whipple is a Steeda shifter and DSS axles, stock tires.

Went 11.73 @ 127.4 2.0 60'. 11.72 @ 128.6 2.0 60'. 11.71 @ 129.8 2.0 60'.

Flight control was at 80% first three gears, and I had to lift and shift every pass so it didn't go for the wall too bad. Think it would have taken more power in third but I forgot the laptop. Tried a second gear start but the clutch let me know it wasn't too happy with me. Overall I can't complain, the thing is def. making some steam.
Thank you for posting your numbers, and damn are you consistent! I recently had a stage 2 Whipple installed and was wondering what to expect to run when I make it to the track on the stock Pzeros. Now I have something to aim for.

What RPM were you launching at?

Once I get to the track, I'll post my times as well.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Thanks for posting. What was the DA?

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Launched around 1300rpm and walked it out till second. Second gear I had to lift a few times, stayed planted pretty well in third, but had to lift to shift to fourth or it would break free. I figure it had at least 3-4mph in it if I could actually keep the throttle down, lol.

Sponsored

Woolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way
They are so much fun at the drag strip. At first I was disappointed that I bought a stick, but the M6 will leave me with with more of a challenge. My first trip out yielded a 10.903 @ 129 with a 1.660 60' and a DA of 2800' in 90* weather. That was on Hoosiers though, leaving at 4500. By the end of the night, times were dropping to 11.2 @ 126, so I think the clutch is going to be my limiting factor. My car is stock other than the stage 2, DSS shafts, and Ford Racing Track Handling Pack. I'm hoping for bottom 10s with a new clutch, DS, and pulley.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Stage2 Whipple 9psi on 91 octane in 95+ heat . Track was oiled down 3 times prior to this run . Tires were spinning most of the way . [ame]

Last edited:

Woolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way
That's a lot of MPH! This is my car as the clutch started slipping. I left a little hot and spun way too much as well. It's weird, I don't notice the clutch until the 2-3 shift.

Last edited:

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Great numbers! Now get some shocks and sticky tires and your car will have a nasty launch!:headbang:

We had stock springs and struts and just ran a Viking shock with the Racestar 17x9.5 and 18x5 with a 275/50/17 and a 185/50/18 from M&H and had no issues with the car hooking!

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Def needs stiffer rear shocks, it unloads the tires for sure. I had very good luck running Vikings in my duster, so I will probably end up getting those.
I know from my experience running stock tires on the old cars if it spun on a shift, it was 1mph loss and it spun on every gear change last night...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Stick and stock tires on a 800HP car. Sounds like fun in a frustrating kind of way!

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Def needs stiffer rear shocks, it unloads the tires for sure. I had very good luck running Vikings in my duster, so I will probably end up getting those.
I know from my experience running stock tires on the old cars if it spun on a shift, it was 1mph loss and it spun on every gear change last night...

Viking makes very great products! At least you got the power and now you just have to get it down! Still great runs though :headbang:

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Just hope you don't get the rear Viking shocks that rattle and make noise. lol. Mine are brand new and also the revised design and they are making noise

purudiverge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White colour
I think it depends how you drive, I run stock tires so far with approx 600 rwhp & you can make these things skid nearly forever, depending on your bank a/c. I have tried stock tires on 1/4 mile & best I can do is 12.3 @120 mph, but traction in 1st 2nd & third is major issue, better gripping tires are a must if you want to utilize this power down low, but impressing people with loss of traction while cruising at 50 mph is fun.

For the stock wheel the 325 M&H is a nasty tire! It's a little too narrow for the 10.5" wheel but it does fit and hooks great! NO WAY are you going to fit an MT or BFG 315 on the stock wheel. A 275 MT sure.
Sponsored