ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Unsure about the older ones but the new Gen 5's are quiet. They do make after-market sound mod devices that can pipe some whine into the car via the firewall but I don't know how well they sound or loud they are. Most people remove the factory sound tube anyhow because it looks ugly and makes getting to the oil dipstick challenging.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
If you're looking for Hellcat whine, not even close. The 2003-04 Cobras had the Hellcat whine especially with a smaller pulley change and cold air.

If you want a noisy blower, Centri unit. My car has zero sleeper status with the blower noise it makes.

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Why did you go Procharger or Whipple?

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
Whine is inefficiency. The Whipple gen 5 is very efficient, and thus, quiet. 03/04 cobras were so whiny because they were literally hating life.

Also, sound tube mods are dumb. It is literally introducing a hole near the MAF housing, and then feeding that into the cabin.

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
I have a Vortech on my 1994 Mustang GT and loved the power plus the noise at idle was awesome. The Procharger, Vortech, Paxton, ESS today does the same for me.

I also didn't want a blower that would roast the tires down low, right off the rip. My car peaks at 7950rpm, the 10R80 shifts at 7950, each gear shift is above 6500rpm right where the blower shines.

The Whipple will make a lot more torque, if that's what you're looking for then that's what you get. I really like the Procharger for roll racing.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you listen for it you can hear it a little.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I considered Procharger for the longest time due to performance (of course), reliability, drivability, sounds of the pump and blowoff, ease of installation, ease of reversal, etc. But ultimately I went with Whipple because I felt it would give me more low-to-mid low end torque which is where I do most of my driving (I'm a spirited driver, not a racer). The Coyote engine doesn't have much torque down low and the Whipple did improve it although not as dramatically as I had hoped for, but I'm still happy with the purchase and performance. The TVS blowers like Roush supposedly give more low end torque but they fail in heat soak and other area's.

If you considering a blower your going to be happy with the results whether you go with Procharger or Whipple, both will put your butt in the seat and a smile on your face. If you have the chance, try to get a drive or ride in both type cars and judge for yourself. If you do decide to proceed:
- Always choose the oversize heat exchanger option
- Get the Stage 2 or higher HP kit first, you'll always want more and its better in the long run to go big first
- Upgrade the OPG and crank sprocket gears. Its extra cost but peace of mind.

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
My friend put a whipple on his 2013 Camaro SS and it doesn’t make a sound. While that was disappointing the frown is quickly turned upside down when you get sucked into the seat. :shock:
Sponsored