Sponsored

Whipple in cooler temps. Any tires that can handle roll racing?

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think the traction is heavily influenced by street conditions (age, dustiness, etc.).

Last winter while doing some test splits in cold weather I spun at 55 mph in 3rd (A10 trans) if I nailed it, but the asphalt was older. I’ve never dyno’d the car but 129-131 mph trap speeds would be around 600 whp. And similar torque since the LT4 generally makes about as much wheel torque as whp.

This morning it was 65 F and I went WOT very quickly in 3rd at 55 and didn’t spin. But it was relatively new asphalt, which is grippier than old asphalt. I will say it felt really fast after not getting on it in cool air for a while (summertime temps). The cold air effect is real.
Hell yeah that's awesome!!

I forgot it also depends on what rear gearing you have too, I have 3.15s as you noted so that really works in my favor. Takes the 5.0s already low torque and further lowers it lol.

I have my "places" where I test, so I know at least one of my spots which was fine on the PS4S in the same temps is no longer fine.

I know a couple guys here just mentioned needing a pure drag radial even in 70F, but no I don't not for my needs :) PS4S isn't a drag radial whatsoever and worked for me. From a dead stop? Absolutely no chance. But that isn't what I'm chasing after.

Can't even use drag radials in the winter here. 10-30 degrees out, it's going to just be impossible to lay all that power down I'm sure but for when we get those 40-60 degree days, shoot I need to have some fun!!! Lol
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Hell yeah that's awesome!!

I forgot it also depends on what rear gearing you have too, I have 3.15s as you noted so that really works in my favor. Takes the 5.0s already low torque and further lowers it lol.

I have my "places" where I test, so I know at least one of my spots which was fine on the PS4S in the same temps is no longer fine.

I know a couple guys here just mentioned needing a pure drag radial even in 70F, but no I don't not for my needs :) PS4S isn't a drag radial whatsoever and worked for me. From a dead stop? Absolutely no chance. But that isn't what I'm chasing after.

Can't even use drag radials in the winter here. 10-30 degrees out, it's going to just be impossible to lay all that power down I'm sure but for when we get those 40-60 degree days, shoot I need to have some fun!!! Lol
Man I can post a horrible PS4s video for you too. Maybe my car just make more than yours. Idk

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Man I can post a horrible PS4s video for you too. Maybe my car just make more than yours. Idk
Maybe you do make more than me. I put down 675whp STD on a Mustang Dyno.

Best 60-130 starting in 3rd gear is 6.2 at 1500ft DA, and I had a slightly invalid 5.8 run in the same DA.

I'm on 93 pump 3.875" pulley, it's pretty tame.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you do make more than me. I put down 675whp STD on a Mustang Dyno.

Best 60-130 starting in 3rd gear is 6.2 at 1500ft DA, and I had a slightly invalid 5.8 run in the same DA.

I'm on 93 pump 3.875" pulley, it's pretty tame.
Well I don't know a 60-130 but I do know I run 9.69@145. In the 1/4. That was 8/8/23 @ 3200 da

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I don't know a 60-130 but I do know I run 9.69@145. In the 1/4. That was 8/8/23 @ 3200 da
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's why you can't use a PS4S 😄 Way more power than me easily. I dunno my 1/4 mile but highly doubt I can keep up with you

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
I was just trying to help. I felt called out vs you just engaging me in a convo.

I'm wishing you the best our luck with your car

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was just trying to help. I felt called out vs you just engaging me in a convo.

I'm wishing you the best our luck with your car
My bad brother, I was trying to be tongue in cheek but I guess it rubbed the wrong way. It wasn't my intention to call you or havoc out. It's just, I've already said a few times in this thread I've made countless pulls on the PS4S with advancetrac completely off, and I put how much power I was making in my OP I'm pretty sure. I just don't need a drag radial, and this thread is specifically about cooler temperatures (I intended this to mean 30F).

I apologize if there was any confusion in how I asked my question as well. I'm not the most well spoken guy.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
My bad brother, I was trying to be tongue in cheek but I guess it rubbed the wrong way. It wasn't my intention to call you or havoc out. It's just, I've already said a few times in this thread I've made countless pulls on the PS4S with advancetrac completely off, and I put how much power I was making in my OP I'm pretty sure. I just don't need a drag radial, and this thread is specifically about cooler temperatures (I intended this to mean 30F).

I apologize if there was any confusion in how I asked my question as well. I'm not the most well spoken guy.
To be honest then. You aren't gonna find a solution

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To be honest then. You aren't gonna find a solution
Deep down I know you're right. I'll make updates to this thread as time goes on. Thanks again for offering your time and insight, and hopefully no hard feelings about before.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Deep down I know you're right. I'll make updates to this thread as time goes on. Thanks again for offering your time and insight, and hopefully no hard feelings about before.
We are good. Best of luck.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So it's currently 72 in California an I'm on a MT ET ss. I can tuen off traction control. I can break em free from 55 to 90.

My point is, your not gonna find a tire that will comply to your demand here
unless you make 900whp I cant see a MT SS not being able to hook on average 70* day.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Throttle manipulation. You can't just point and shoot wot with a boosted coyote on the street unless Temps are up there regardless of what tire you are running.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Throttle manipulation. You can't just point and shoot wot with a boosted coyote on the street unless Temps are up there regardless of what tire you are running.
Yeah, I know earlier this year even around 50 degrees I could still mash the throttle on the AS4s + Whipple, but that was with AdvanceTrac on so I can be sure power was cut automatically. I also don't like how the handling feels on the square setup, so I'll probably just enjoy the car more generally with the stagger.

I should have the new wheels on by end of week, so should get some updates here soon. Won't be a truly fair compare though since I'll be on brand new AS4s vs mildly used ones.

It's fun turning the stability off and learning how the car really is, but I may end up just leaving it on this winter lol. Gotta play around a little to find out for sure. Nothing wrong with doing the smarts yourself re: throttle manipulation instead of relying on the computer.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've got a cute little update for today lol.

Hit a sub 6 second 0-60 in the rain on shitty road surface with AT Sport Mode and short shifting gears 1-3 around 4-5k rpm lol. If it's still raining tomorrow I may try to get closer to 5s ... I think i can get faster lol.

These new AS4s feel so good. Ended up with 275/35/20 and 315/35/20 and with my 1.25/1 drop this is as perfect as you can get without rubbing I'd say.

I was also able to full on throttle 2nd gear with AT Sport yesterday (no rain), but AT was kicking in. I've got a safe test spot where I can shut AT off and see how rolling into the throttle goes ...

Also most importantly car feels way more balanced now. Was feeling pretty squirrely on the square 275/40/19. Very stable now especially in handling.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a whipple 10speed with the 17” MT street SS. Still spins on anything from 1-3 gear roll. And on a 3rd roll the 3-4 shift spins. With these cars 700 is about all the street can handle even on the best tire.
Sponsored