OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
As you can see it's hot as ballz in the shop. It was 4 degrees warmer yesterday, but a little less humid so SAE is still only applying 3% correction factor.

So it's "true" numbers yesterday were 1066 rwhp and 857 rwtq. Not bad for 96F weather.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Radium now offers an in tank hat that will accommodate the BKS 1000 (veyron pump) and I think that pump boosted will support over 1200 rear as well (all by itself).
that would require a controller that isn't available to the public yet. it's controller can only do 800 on E85, but I believe it can be boosted.

--------------

When Fuelab finally sends my pumps, I'll let you guys know what that radium hat will do with the 496 pumps in returnless mode. I'm still waiting.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I am definitely interested in following your fuel system write up thread. Can you please post a link here if you have one already going or when you start it please?

Thanks
Ken

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'll probably put it up in "forced induction". I recently called them about my pumps, and they said the controller production is the problem. Should be this month... Fingers crossed

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I'll probably put it up in "forced induction". I recently called them about my pumps, and they said the controller production is the problem. Should be this month... Fingers crossed
I missed where you were going to start one and was actually referring to the OP's fuel system write up. HOWEVER I still want to follow yours too so I'll keep an eye out in "forced induction" for yours too. I need to apply what I can to the fuel system I need to put in my '03 Cobra (1100 rwhp +\- on E85) as well as my GT350 that I haven't bought yet. I'm leaning towards a Gen5 Whipple verse a twin turbo at the moment for it lol.

Thanks
Ken

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
that would require a controller that isn't available to the public yet. it's controller can only do 800 on E85, but I believe it can be boosted.

--------------

When Fuelab finally sends my pumps, I'll let you guys know what that radium hat will do with the 496 pumps in returnless mode. I'm still waiting.
I'm betting the DW controllers will work. Would take some experimentation, but they have a very high frequency range they accommodate (so will work with the signal from the PCM) and the rest is just PWM to the pump for duty loading.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm betting the DW controllers will work. Would take some experimentation, but they have a very high frequency range they accommodate (so will work with the signal from the PCM) and the rest is just PWM to the pump for duty loading.
I'll take a look at the freq range on the spec sheets now.
I remember looking and seeing that it wouldn't work with the EL5M pump

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'll take a look at the freq range on the spec sheets now.
I remember looking and seeing that it wouldn't work with the EL5M pump
The freq range is for the tune signal. The pumps themselves will fire off the pulses that the controller relates to them. The issue of freq range is more for what it will "talk" to rather than the pumps. The pumps don't care, all they see is intermittent 0 and 12v (or 13.x for whatever the system is running at)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The freq range is for the tune signal. The pumps themselves will fire off the pulses that the controller relates to them. The issue of freq range is more for what it will "talk" to rather than the pumps. The pumps don't care, all they see is intermittent 0 and 12v (or 13.x for whatever the system is running at)
I see, I bought the controllers that was 0-5VDC ref so that I can run a 1 bar map sensor which would give me all the juice at any boost level (seriously thinking about a 2 since there is no circumstance that I would require 950+ LPH on the street).

So what is the Freq Range from the ford FDPM?

Edit:
I remember why I didn't want to do it using the DW controller but it seems it is a viable option considering I've been waiting on these pumps/controllers since FEB

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
lol are you Cmoneyracing?
if you are pm me....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I see, I bought the controllers that was 0-5VDC ref so that I can run a 1 bar map sensor which would give me all the juice at any boost level (seriously thinking about a 2 since there is no circumstance that I would require 950+ LPH on the street).

So what is the Freq Range from the ford FDPM?

Edit:
I remember why I didn't want to do it using the DW controller but it seems it is a viable option considering I've been waiting on these pumps/controllers since FEB
I don't know, but I'm fairly confident the DW controllers will work with the ECU signal. If you have ????s I'd call Dakota at DW. I spoke with him a couple times when setting up my system.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't know, but I'm fairly confident the DW controllers will work with the ECU signal. If you have ????s I'd call Dakota at DW. I spoke with him a couple times when setting up my system.
Cool, I'm going to give Fuelab until I get my engine from the builder.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So just an update. I limped the car home in the rain yesterday. Final draft version of the tune is complete. Smoothed out some things, tweaked cam timing. Dropped timing back to 17 degrees.

So at 17 degrees max timing, 19 lbs of boost and 8k redline we're just over 1000 rwhp SAE smoothing 5. Fuel is still in the mid to upper .70's lambda. Pretty fat, pretty hobbled which is exactly what I wanted, a 4 digit car that isn't on the ragged edge. We could have leaned, advanced and rev'd out to 1200 but I'll drive it around for a bit and see how much I like or hate it.

I have a set of 18" wheels and DR's I'll try out in a couple of weeks. I want to get to know the car on the SC2's first.

The lift pumps for the passenger side were temp wired to be fully on at accessory all the time and I'm finalizing the wiring now to run only when the passenger side has fuel in it. I'd like to beta test a bit more before I do my final report and thread on the fuel system. All indications are that it performed as planned, it handled 1100 rear with no sweat and probably would have stomached 1200 easily. But I'd like to verify for a bit before I go recommending it to anyone else.

The crazy part to me is how efficient the car is and how much torque it's making. The torque is stupid. At 21 degrees it made almost 900 ft-lbs. It's hitting like a freight train to 600 ft-lbs around 3k rpms. It did all that on 19 lbs of boost. The heads are really breathing and I think the 150 TB and the 2" primaries really make for a very high flowing system (entire).

The tuner isn't really happy with the overall drivability. The car has such a touchy throttle that between the bypass going shut at the first onrush of 16 psi it makes for a very VERY touchy affair in 1st gear. 2 and up it behaves like it should, but 1st is a bit like waking a sleeping dragon. It's either snoring or breathing fire. He's choked the cams out completely under non-power enrichment down low to help tone down some of the harshness, but we'll see over the next few weeks how I like it.

I still have plans to either fabricate a smooth boost setup or go with a MOTEC. The smooth-boost will give us some control over feathering in the sauce, but won't do much for traction management and delta V. MOTEC would obviously be more expensive, but they're like everyone else back ordered for hardware parts.

Anyway, more to follow and hopefully some videos.
Sponsored