Which Wheels?

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
It's looking like it is time to refurbish the originals.

Which presents me with a reasonable excuse to consider a new set.

I've looked through the various threads and I think my head is about to explode.

Has anyone bought a new set with similar sizes to the originals on the GT? ie 19x9 and 19x9.5
Anything that would be a straight swap and reasonably available in the UK.

I'm hoping you guys will be able to help but I guess most who buy new wheels usually go for different
sizes.
TIA
Sponsored

OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Why not refurb the originals with a different colour /shade ?
Yep, I'll most likely be doing this. But an excuse to get new shouldn't be taken lightly.
I'm thinking it'll probably be too difficult to find a straight swap unless I go for Ford wheels.

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
As the paint is literally falling off my wheels I am also thinking of whether to refurbish or replace. The original wheels are difficult to clean and hide the callipers and look a bit too busy.

I like the idea of some five spoke Bullitt ones, wonder how pricy that would be?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
As the paint is literally falling off my wheels I am also thinking of whether to refurbish or replace. The original wheels are difficult to clean and hide the callipers and look a bit too busy.

I like the idea of some five spoke Bullitt ones, wonder how pricy that would be?
The cost of refurbishing is worth if if only to sell them on afterwards. They will look like new.

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think all the Mustang UK wheels are at best average in appearance and below average in finish quality, mine are showing signs of wear equivalent to wheels I've had for treble the miles.

55 edition top of the original ford UK Mustang wheels for me but I dont imagine they will stay looking any better for any longer..

A good refurb of original wheels is probably a better bet

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think all the Mustang UK wheels are at best average in appearance and below average in finish quality, mine are showing signs of wear equivalent to wheels I've had for treble the miles.

55 edition top of the original ford UK Mustang wheels for me but I dont imagine they will stay looking any better for any longer..

A good refurb of original wheels is probably a better bet
In agreement with all this other than my favourite of a bad bunch is the wheel fitted on (I think) the shadow edition EcoBoosts around 2017 ish ?

WD :like:

Edit to add - top left on this picture :

1626787649329.png

If anyone has any of those for sale / swap I may be interested ... :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Thanks for your input chaps (sorry, whatever you identify as). It looks like, to keep it simple,
Ford wheels are the way to go. Only trouble is, the ones I like the look of, are all in gloss black which I'm not too keen on. So, I'll look out for a second hand set and refurb those as well. Some 2nd hand sets seem quite cheap and refurbed will come in cheaper than new
and maybe better quality to boot.

Cheers

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
It's looking like it is time to refurbish the originals.

Which presents me with a reasonable excuse to consider a new set.

I've looked through the various threads and I think my head is about to explode.

Has anyone bought a new set with similar sizes to the originals on the GT? ie 19x9 and 19x9.5
Anything that would be a straight swap and reasonably available in the UK.

I'm hoping you guys will be able to help but I guess most who buy new wheels usually go for different
sizes.
TIA
I'm on 'Shelby Venom' wheels using the standard GT Tyre sizes and saved a load of weight over the OE Alloy wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I'm on 'Shelby Venom' wheels using the standard GT Tyre sizes and saved a load of weight over the OE Alloy wheels.

I quite like those but I haven't found anywhere in the UK where they are available. Where did you get yours from?

Thanks

ETA: Just read a wheel thread from our American chums. There seem to be plenty off sizes and offsets available. What's your set up?

Last edited:

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
I quite like those but I haven't found anywhere in the UK where they are available. Where did you get yours from?

Thanks

ETA: Just read a wheel thread from our American chums. There seem to be plenty off sizes and offsets available. What's your set up?
I got mine via Shelby American Inc, during their November sales, they are 19 x 9" on the front and 19 x 9.5" rear. The ET is important to check with what you want the car to look like compared to what you have now.
Like you, I did not want to mess about with bigger tyres.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can you buy the Mustang Mach 1 handling pack wheels in the UK? They look a step up. Not the standard Mach 1 bullit wheels.

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I bought some MT MR350 Wheels form JW Racing. They are replica GT350 Wheels. Got these in Gun metal on a DIB Car, fronts are 9.5 and rears are 10". These are fitted with 285/35/19 and 295/35/19 - They do these as a 20 but I wanted 19's. The tyres sizes are what JW Racing recommend and whilst I have no issue with these, I think when they are needed to be chaged I will put 305/35 on the rear.
Sponsored