Sponsored

Which is better a Mustang PP2 or a Bullitt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Define what you mean by “better”. PP2 will probably be faster on a road race track. Bullitt is likely the better street car/daily driver of the two. Neither is great for drag racing. Long term the Bullitt *may* have a less bad depreciation hit. Not sure what other criteria you’d want to compare.

To actually answer your question: in my opinion one is not better than the other. They do different things and are built for different buyers. But I would not spend my money on one or the other if those were my only two choices.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Depends on what your looking for or what your goal is.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If it was massed produced in Kona AND you could delete all the silly Bullitt things I'd say Bullitt.

Besides that, and yes I'm bias, I'd gladly take my PP2. If the extra HP was offered without all the gimmick stuff I'd be more than happy to have a Kona Bullitt.

I doubt there is much of a performance difference between the two cars once the SC2's come off the PP2.

Sponsored

XxShadexX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 YZF-R6
The pp2 will have a better suspension and tuning, comparable to a 350, but the tires it comes with stock are track tires and will perform horribly on the street, and get chewed up fast. Ford didnt put any form of coolers on the differential so the car will overheat and go into a "limp" mode if you track it and make more than 2 average laps.

The bullit is equipped with the Ford performance intake enhancements that used to be optional for the mustang 15-17. essentially it has an extra 20hp by having the gt350 intake, though there is no extra torque. They no longer sell that option for the 18-19 GT. The bullit also has a unique exhaust sound, and looks that make men over 50 melt.

People might mention resale value, it seems like the pp2 is the far rarer care due to magneride allocations (if you are custom ordering expect to wait an average of 3 months over the standard waiting time), so only time will tell what is worth more in the end. You would probably have more fun with the pp2 if you like hitting hard into corners, but it does suck that you need to buy new tires asap to have a nice street ride.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ford didnt put any form of coolers on the differential so the car will overheat and go into a "limp" mode if you track it and make more than 2 average laps.
That is a VERY strong "it depends."

Personally, I think the Bullitt is a gimmicky car. Not my thing. Nothing against their owners or if you want one but I have my reasons. That being said I think the Bullitt does look great and the only '18+ iteration that makes the '18+ headlights look fitting. Again, in MY opinion only.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
pp2 but i'm biased.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lol, first post...possible troll alert?

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Whatever makes you happier. An EcoBoost is "better" than either if it's what you want and works for you.

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
The pp2 will have a better suspension and tuning, comparable to a 350, but the tires it comes with stock are track tires and will perform horribly on the street, and get chewed up fast. Ford didnt put any form of coolers on the differential so the car will overheat and go into a "limp" mode if you track it and make more than 2 average laps.

The bullit is equipped with the Ford performance intake enhancements that used to be optional for the mustang 15-17. essentially it has an extra 20hp by having the gt350 intake, though there is no extra torque. They no longer sell that option for the 18-19 GT. The bullit also has a unique exhaust sound, and looks that make men over 50 melt.

People might mention resale value, it seems like the pp2 is the far rarer care due to magneride allocations (if you are custom ordering expect to wait an average of 3 months over the standard waiting time), so only time will tell what is worth more in the end. You would probably have more fun with the pp2 if you like hitting hard into corners, but it does suck that you need to buy new tires asap to have a nice street ride.
I had a choice between the two and I chose the PP2 301A with Recaro’s specifically to run on the track with my Porsche friends. I have spoken with a few Ford engineers and they are skeptical of the over heating rear end, same as the race tech’s in my shop. We will find out soon enough but in testing in track only mode on a particular twisty highway, I have found a complete lack of emcumberances in the car even when compared to Sport Plus and a capability that can only be pushed at the track, or several tracks in my case. I will post results and video on this forum.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
PP2 without a doubt. I don't understand the draw to the Bullitt... every single speciality Bullitt Ford has put out has been a mere shadow of the original and in some cases I would consider them to be a disservice. Look at how well (or not well) they have aged too... would you ever consider buying the SN95 or S197 version?? The color is great, but the treatment on the wheels comes across as cheapo K-Mart crap. Is it really worth all that extra? Unless you are significantly more sexually attracted to Steve McQueen than the average person I wouldn't even remotely consider it.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
PP2 without a doubt. I don't understand the draw to the Bullitt... every single speciality Bullitt Ford has put out has been a mere shadow of the original and in some cases I would consider them to be a disservice. Look at how well (or not well) they have aged too... would you ever consider buying the SN95 or S197 version?? The color is great, but the treatment on the wheels comes across as cheapo K-Mart crap. Is it really worth all that extra? Unless you are significantly more sexually attracted to Steve McQueen than the average person I wouldn't even remotely consider it.
What? I have the movie and enjoy watching it every once in a while. I can say as cool as Steve was (and his car!), I have no sexual attraction to him. Not sure liking the 19 Bullitt or Steve McQueen means you love the dude. Probably would have been pretty cool to hang out with him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.