Sponsored

Where's this Rattle/Noise from????

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hi everyone. I hear this rattle/sipping noise everytime I start the car after it has already had a cold start before in the day. The noise happens at 1,000 rpm on idle. If rpms fall, it goes away, if they are above 1000 rpm no sound, that's why I do not hear it at cold start. There car has been doing this for the three years I've owned it. I do have a roush axle back, but I do not hear it from the back. I hear it from the right front passenger side behind the front wheel. Someone else posted about a rattle with some type of exhaust component in front of the resonator that was rattling. Could anyone elaborate on any parts their that could be the culprit? I took it to the dealer, but they weren't able to figure it out, because it happens for not too much time. I posted a video clearly showing the sound at the start. Could anyone please help? I would greatly be appreciated!

Here's the video:
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That sounds like an exhaust leak. Sometimes when the car heats up, it will seal up, and go away, sometimes not. If it is an exhaust leak, it definitely needs to get fixed.

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds like an exhaust leak. Sometimes when the car heats up, it will seal up, and go away, sometimes not. If it is an exhaust leak, it definitely needs to get fixed.
Oh man really, I thought it was an exhaust leak so I got bigger clamps put on last year so there wouldn't be any exhaust leaks.

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh
There's always the possibility it's a leak on the header gasket. That happens on occasion.too.
Oh,ok. Thank you for your help. I'll let the dealer know to check it out.
Sponsored