Sponsored

Where to order a GT500?

heymybigfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing nice yet...
Howdy guys, 1st post.

I tried to use the search function to answer my question but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I was wondering if there are certain know dealerships ls thst sell gT500's at MSRP? or even a small mark up?

my local one in wisconsin is a $30k mark up. they have one now with the CFTP but too rich for my blood as I'm looking for more of the base model without the carbin fiber fancy stuff.

I'm coming from the corvette world, where if you want a car (c8) you call one of the 3 major corvette dealers who sell 200 corvettes a month , put down a deposit and in a year your order is finally made and you get it at msrp...

anyway, are there major trusted dealers like that for the gt500? I assume there will be a year+ wait which is fine with me.

thanks for any advice...
Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I called every local dealers that are shelby authorized, and all of them had their 2022 allocation sold alreydy and a wait list. The rumor says 2022 is the last production year for gt500

So it come down to your luck now and how many excess allocation they will get during the year. But the only thing you can do is place yourself in the list and be patient or find one 2020-2021 if you want a full guaranteed on owning 1

Im in the same boat, now i put my trust in my dealership and im holding strong in hope one cancels or ford send more quantity spread around dealers this year.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
It is not likely to be as easy as walk in order and wait. I probably contacted 25 dealers. I found an inbound car and got lucky.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Howdy guys, 1st post.

I tried to use the search function to answer my question but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I was wondering if there are certain know dealerships ls thst sell gT500's at MSRP? or even a small mark up?

my local one in wisconsin is a $30k mark up. they have one now with the CFTP but too rich for my blood as I'm looking for more of the base model without the carbin fiber fancy stuff.

I'm coming from the corvette world, where if you want a car (c8) you call one of the 3 major corvette dealers who sell 200 corvettes a month , put down a deposit and in a year your order is finally made and you get it at msrp...

anyway, are there major trusted dealers like that for the gt500? I assume there will be a year+ wait which is fine with me.

thanks for any advice...
This is a completely different game. GM makes significantly more corvettes than Ford makes GT500s. Each dealer only gets a few at most and some get one. I starting looking for an allocation in November and I havenā€™t found one at a reasonable price. Msrp dealers are few and far between and they get booked quick. With the heritage edition being offered for 2022 Iā€™m expecting the same situation that happened with the 2020 GT350 heritage.

OP
OP

heymybigfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing nice yet...
It is not likely to be as easy as walk in order and wait. I probably contacted 25 dealers. I found an inbound car and got lucky.

yeah. a lot more limited than my c8. looks like my best bet maybe to find a used one

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy guys, 1st post.

thanks for any advice...
not sure where you live as your place says USA. I just posted a 2021 CFTP GT500 in Southern California and there are nine other 2021 GT500ā€˜s in Southern California 20 miles from Anaheim anyway. You can always pick it up and drive it home or have it shipped.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
not sure where you live as your place says USA. I just posted a 2021 CFTP GT500 in Southern California and there are nine other 2021 GT500ā€˜s in Southern California 20 miles from Anaheim anyway. You can always pick it up and drive it home or have it shipped.
he said in his post that "his local one in wisconsin" so i assume he's in WI. and you might want to warn him about CA ADMs too...

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
he said in his post that "his local one in wisconsin" so i assume he's in WI. and you might want to warn him about CA ADMs too...
Sorry I missed that in his post. I know several people from California who flew to Illinois to get GT500ā€™s at MSRP. So he just needs to do his homework. Instead of asking us.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@heymybigfish , i think what demon dude is saying is that there isnt a shortcut here. most guys that i know have just had to call lots of dealers near and far trying to secure an allocation and good price. it isnt easy. you have to just start calling. keep us posted.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was just trying to help out with 2021ā€™s which might be easier to get then trying to jump in on a 2022 allocation.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Howdy guys, 1st post.

thanks for any advice...
I bit the bullet and bought a used 21 GT500 with 1000 miles. After calling a million dealerships and none budging on prices, I just wanted to secure one while I could. I overpaid a little for sure, but I have the money and wanted the product. Who knows how many 2022's they'll even be able to churn out, as they didn't even get to 5k made in 2021 as far as I know.

MMXX500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500 21 Mach-E GT PE 22 Expd Stealth/F150 KR
This is my first post on here - only because I usually have no valuable information to offer, but I can finally give something back.

Price Ford in Turlock CA had 5 '22 allocations last week when I spoke with the GSM. They are the 2nd oldest Ford dealer in California, 110 years of history, a very reputable small town dealer.

There will be a markup but it won't be that bad I'm sure. Talk to Josh Lewis the GSM, he does the builds and places the orders himself so there's no sales person having to check with managers.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first post on here - only because I usually have no valuable information to offer, but I can finally give something back.

Price Ford in Turlock CA had 5 '22 allocations last week when I spoke with the GSM. They are the 2nd oldest Ford dealer in California, 110 years of history, a very reputable small town dealer.

There will be a markup but it won't be that bad I'm sure. Talk to Josh Lewis the GSM, he does the builds and places the orders himself so there's no sales person having to check with managers.
nice lead, thanks. emailed with josh, seems like a decent fellow. adm is more than i'll pay but it is less than 99% of CA dealers.
Sponsored