Sponsored

Where should I put the IAT sensor in TT build.

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Car has a gt350 intake with the a vmp breakout harness and iat sensor in runner #8. The first owner ran alky and did this. I’m switching intakes over to a ported boss 302 so trying to decide where I should relocate this sensor.

IMG_3717.jpeg
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Is there space to mount it on the bottom side of the plenum of the Boss manifold? Maybe near the center if possible. That would also look pretty clean since it’d be out of sight. I’ve never seen the bottom side of one in person so I’m not sure if it’s possible.

I’d want the air charge temp to be measured as close to the cylinder as possible for the most accurate tuning capability. Though I bet the difference is probably minimal compared to putting it in the post-intercooler charge pipe or one of the runners.

Waiting for the “ask your tuner” responses too.

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Is there space to mount it on the bottom side of the plenum of the Boss manifold? Maybe near the center if possible. That would also look pretty clean since it’d be out of sight. I’ve never seen the bottom side of one in person so I’m not sure if it’s possible.

I’d want the air charge temp to be measured as close to the cylinder as possible for the most accurate tuning capability. Though I bet the difference is probably minimal compared to putting it in the post-intercooler charge pipe or one of the runners.

Waiting for the “ask your tuner” responses too.
If I can help it I would rather not drill into the new intake. I was just hoping someone with a TT build would chime in as to where exactly they put there’s. I guess just a few inches back from the TB on the charge pipe then. 🤷‍♂️

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
If I can help it I would rather not drill into the new intake. I was just hoping someone with a TT build would chime in as to where exactly they put there’s. I guess just a few inches back from the TB on the charge pipe then. 🤷‍♂️
I’m sure that will be fine to put it in the charge pipe.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
IAT is also measured by the factory MAF sensor.

Do you see a difference in temp between the factory reading and the aftermarket IAT sensor you hav installed?

If the answer is no, or not much, id put your aftermarket IAT sensor in the charge pipe.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Car has a gt350 intake with the a vmp breakout harness and iat sensor in runner #8. The first owner ran alky and did this. I’m switching intakes over to a ported boss 302 so trying to decide where I should relocate this sensor.

IMG_3717.jpeg
Maybe in the underside of the silicone coupler right in front of the throttle body, in between the charge pipe and throttle body so that you cant see it, and so you don't have to put a hole in your fancy red piping or intake manifold

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
I’m sure that will be fine to put it in the charge pipe.
Thanks, ya I’m guessing that’s what I’ll end up doing.

IAT is also measured by the factory MAF sensor.

Do you see a difference in temp between the factory reading and the aftermarket IAT sensor you hav installed?

If the answer is no, or not much, id put your aftermarket IAT sensor in the charge pipe.
The first owner already had that harness and sensor in there so I can’t compare. I know Lund doesn’t like the sensor in the intake as he mentioned it to me a few yrs ago and Jay from 1320junkie laughed when we seen the current pic cause he doesn’t either. lol.

Maybe in the underside of the silicone coupler right in front of the throttle body, in between the charge pipe and throttle body so that you cant see it, and so you don't have to put a hole in your fancy red piping or intake manifold
yessir that’s been my thought too…. Funfact, I will have to refab my charge pipe (cut it, rotate, weld) in order for it to fit the boss intake as the boss is higher up and points downward vs this intake which is lower and points upward.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Thanks, ya I’m guessing that’s what I’ll end up doing.

The first owner already had that harness and sensor in there so I can’t compare. I know Lund doesn’t like the sensor in the intake as he mentioned it to me a few yrs ago and Jay from 1320junkie laughed when we seen the current pic cause he doesn’t either. lol.

yessir that’s been my thought too…. Funfact, I will have to refab my charge pipe (cut it, rotate, weld) in order for it to fit the boss intake as the boss is higher up and points downward vs this intake which is lower and points upward.
There are so many different configurations for Silicone couplers, you may very will find one that has the dimensions you need without having to modify your aluminum pipe

This place has a good selection
https://www.siliconeintakes.com/30-silicone-elbow/
https://www.siliconeintakes.com/bending-reducer/

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Why would you want the boss manifold over the gt350??

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Why would you want the boss manifold over the gt350??
A 1320junkie ported boss will outflow a gt350 especially on high boost is one reason, I won’t see much power gain but I will see some. Another reason is looks, I hate how the stock/gt350 sits so low… when I look at my engine bay I’d like the intake to sit up a little higher almost like a centerpiece. With the turbos mine looks sunken in. Also getting a carbon fiber top plate so it won’t be saying “boss 302”.

IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0725.jpeg

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
A 1320junkie ported boss will outflow a gt350 especially on high boost is one reason, I won’t see much power gain but I will see some. Another reason is looks, I hate how the stock/gt350 sits so low… when I look at my engine bay I’d like the intake to sit up a little higher almost like a centerpiece. With the turbos mine looks sunken in. Also getting a carbon fiber top plate so it won’t be saying “boss 302”.

IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0725.jpeg
I had never heard a boss make more power than gt350, ported or not. But I understand you want a certain look

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
I had never heard a boss make more power than gt350, ported or not. But I understand you want a certain look
To be completely honest it’s just what I’ve heard from a few different guys. They said over 20psi the ported boss will pickup gains over a gt350. I have not done any other research on this yet so I am definitely not married to this statement. I have not placed my order yet and this thread was part of the fact finding mission. If a ported boss will not infact be a step up I will NOT be going ahead with it purely for the looks though.

based on?
See above reply.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
To be completely honest it’s just what I’ve heard from a few different guys. They said over 20psi the ported boss will pickup gains over a gt350. I have not done any other research on this yet so I am definitely not married to this statement. I have not placed my order yet and this thread was part of the fact finding mission. If a ported boss will not infact be a step up I will NOT be going ahead with it purely for the looks though.

See above reply.
You got plenty of power so if it's not the best, probably not a big deal. All the manifolds with the look you are going for are so expensive.
Sponsored