Sponsored

When do we get the American options list?

RoflOnMyWaffle

V8 Envious
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Hi guys, I've been playing around on Ford.com rather than the UK site, and they have so many nice options available :'(

Does anybody have any idea when we get even half their options, such as different wheel choices, seat colours and the lovely Recaro's?

I like the Recaro's a lot more than the standard "lounge chair" style as I didn't find them very supportive/huggy of my tiny frame haha

I also noticed they get different dash trim on their performance pack cars (if I remember this right) is there a way, short of me painting/dipping it that we can get ours in the darker finish? Can't stand silver trim/brushed look stuff in a car.
Sponsored

hod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting a GB Mustang 5.0L V8 Auto - Drives RRS
I believe these options (not all due to our rhd variation) will filter through to us in few years time. Remember this is the first time ford has introduced a rhd so they're still testing waters. Ford will look at thier sales figures/demand/market to ascertain if it's sustainable to offer these options to European market. Imagine if all these options were to become available, some mustangs will be going for an M4 money which in theory ford will loose sales to BMW massively.

I'm confident mustangs are here to stay with more options available but fear V8 engines won't stay for long due to EU emission compliant scheme. As you might be aware, most manufacturers are now opting for turbo chargers instead of naturally aspirated engines which ford have somewhat bought into the idea by having an EB mustang.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Our cars are made to pass EU standards. Which nullified certain extras. Notably the gauges in the centre of the dash trim. Which also nullified getting the engine panel dash trim which is a black and silver mesh look.

Other options such as recaro, we're dropped as they wanted the mustang to feel less racey and more premium for the UK market.

Now, there's also a bit of a twist with these extras, ford.com has more extras as their cars start at a worse spec then ours. Our cars already have some performance pack options on and default the leather seats, premium trim etc. Meaning we look like we get less but we get more on sticker price.

I'm going to pass the baton to [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] who maybe able to assist me in getting you some more info if in the future we will get more options.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Actually Manders has summed it up quite nicely :)

Ford Europe/UK will have spec'd a car for the markets that give the best balance of options, driving performance and price. The latter meaning that the production line process has to be as efficient as possible, especially as RHD appear to be built in batches. As such, a good base spec with limited options is the best way to achieve it.

Additionally, the costs of retooling for what are essentially low volume markets (compared to the US) are comparatively high. The Recaro's for instance have the airbags in the wrong sides for us. So they will probably test the water in terms of sales uptake - bear in mind that LHD Mustangs have been widely available in Europe for years, it's only the UK that has 'missed out'.

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
Does anybody have any idea when we get even half their options, such as different wheel choices, seat colours and the lovely Recaro's?
Select the performance pack (which is standard here) on the US car and the wheel choices are just the same :tsk:

Recaros as fitted to the US cars cannot be converted to RHD because of the seat belt mounting or something (has been discussed elsewhere). So you can sepc them on Euro cars but not if you live in the UK! Standard seats are amazingly comfortable though (and I'm normal size :lol:).

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was checking aftermarkets & mod catalogs yesterday, and most of the mods are illegal here in Belgium... so I guess either import it and take the risk or live withouth...

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I suspect that, regardless of sales numbers, we won't see much else in terms of options. Why? The Mustang already has a replacement date; development is probably "done" except where the facelift/revised car may change things (and that'll be colours, wheels etc).
I'm glad we get it at all, and you could wait forever for some things - and where you can't, you have the aftermarket (which is hardly lacking).

I hope I'm proved wrong though for when mine is 3 and I'm trading her in for a newun ;)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I suspect that, regardless of sales numbers, we won't see much else in terms of options. Why? The Mustang already has a replacement date; development is probably "done" except where the facelift/revised car may change things (and that'll be colours, wheels etc).
I'm glad we get it at all, and you could wait forever for some things - and where you can't, you have the aftermarket (which is hardly lacking).

I hope I'm proved wrong though for when mine is 3 and I'm trading her in for a newun ;)
Seventh generation is alleged to be 2020.

When do we get the American options list? About the same time as Ford establishes Mustang as a world car and replaces the V8 with a V6 EcoBoost. :eyebulge:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
replaces the V8 with a V6 EcoBoost. :eyebulge:
wrong, they're replacing replacing the V4 EB with V6 EB and repacing the V8 will be a supercharged twin turbo V8 super beast. :first:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
V4! That's a Corsair (ask your Dad) or Capri or a Saab.
My dad wouldn't have a clue, he's not a car guy much at all!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I believe these options (not all due to our rhd variation) will filter through to us in few years time. Remember this is the first time ford has introduced a rhd so they're still testing waters. Ford will look at thier sales figures/demand/market to ascertain if it's sustainable to offer these options to European market. Imagine if all these options were to become available, some mustangs will be going for an M4 money which in theory ford will loose sales to BMW massively.

I'm confident mustangs are here to stay with more options available but fear V8 engines won't stay for long due to EU emission compliant scheme. As you might be aware, most manufacturers are now opting for turbo chargers instead of naturally aspirated engines which ford have somewhat bought into the idea by having an EB mustang.
Interestingly though someone posted a link yesterday to a magazine article about the genesis of the coyote and it's been designed with Ecoboost in mind. It will be able to accept the EB multi point fuel injectors and can be boosted.

Can't really see how it would be much more economical though. I would not want to play poker with any marketing exec who describes a 5.0 as "Eco" with a straight face :D

OP
OP

RoflOnMyWaffle

V8 Envious
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Select the performance pack (which is standard here) on the US car and the wheel choices are just the same :tsk:

Recaros as fitted to the US cars cannot be converted to RHD because of the seat belt mounting or something (has been discussed elsewhere). So you can sepc them on Euro cars but not if you live in the UK! Standard seats are amazingly comfortable though (and I'm normal size :lol:).
Define "normal" hahaha
I'm roughly 6ft 2 ( not sure if that's right, but about 188 cm's ) and weigh around 85kgs, so not tiny, just athletic :p

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
6ft, 13stone (whatever that is in KG) and i fit in perfectly fine in the leather seats, haven't sat in the recaro's, not the Mustangs at least, but can honestly say the Leather seats in the mustang are splendid :)
Sponsored