Wheel spacers

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just relaying what mike @ Modurstang told me ;) Speculating here...by default the rears on the EB stick out a couple mm more that the front, so he shaves of 2mm to account for that, bringing them more flush.
That's exactly what Mike did to my GT (25mm front and 23mm rear - my choice) I was originally going for 15mm at the rear, but the spacers were a pain to fit, so I went for 22/23mm and I'm pleased with the results.

I think the overall effect looks better if the car is lowered an inch or so.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Supposedly putting 23 mm on the rear will require the stock lugs/studs to be cut 2 mm so they don't hit the back of the wheel as they poke through the spacer.

Did you guys running 23 mm in the back do that?

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Yep I had 25mm all round on mine. Must admit I cant see how 2mm on the rear makes much difference anyway. Its not like they rub the wheel arch or anything.

The new wheels I have on actually dont stick out as much on the rear so I am considering the potion of some 5mm spacers or something as I loved the look of the 25mm spacers with the old wheels.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Supposedly putting 23 mm on the rear will require the stock lugs/studs to be cut 2 mm so they don't hit the back of the wheel as they poke through the spacer.

Did you guys running 23 mm in the back do that?
I stand corrected on my post ... LESS than 23 mm will require, supposedly, cutting the lugs.

Sponsored

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
I have 25mm spacers on the front and the one issue I have is that when the roads are wet the sides of the car now get absolutely filthy compared to before spacers. Also not sure whether I've just been unlucky but I've noticed a few small pinhead sized marks on the paint on the rear wheel arches on both sides which I'm assuming has been caused by the odd small stone being pinged down the side of the car now the wheels stick out more. So maybe worth investing in a mud flap of some sort.It's a GT with stock wheels and tyre size 255x40x19.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I have 25mm spacers on the front and the one issue I have is that when the roads are wet the sides of the car now get absolutely filthy compared to before spacers. Also not sure whether I've just been unlucky but I've noticed a few small pinhead sized marks on the paint on the rear wheel arches on both sides which I'm assuming has been caused by the odd small stone being pinged down the side of the car now the wheels stick out more. So maybe worth investing in a mud flap of some sort.It's a GT with stock wheels and tyre size 255x40x19.
Yep, I've heard the same. I don't drive mine in the rain but the specks on the paint are a concern from pebbles, etc.. It's either mudflaps or a clear paint protection film along the rear wheel arches.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I fitted these - https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5419
Some say they're cr@p but they seem to work ok for me with a bit of extra tape. They do gather a lot of stones, but better that than throw them down the side of the car.
Only fitted the fronts as there are no metal protrusions beyond the rear wheels.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I fitted these - https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5419
Some say they're cr@p but they seem to work ok for me with a bit of extra tape. They do gather a lot of stones, but better that than throw them down the side of the car.
Only fitted the fronts as there are no metal protrusions beyond the rear wheels.
Same here except I've got them on all corners, lots of Heath Robinson and numberplate tape :thumbsup:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Any pics better than those on the website SteveS and Lone Survivor?

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are a few photos, give me a minute and I'll get them off photobucket.

And here's one just because I like it :D

I like this one :D

Last edited:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I have the RPI mud flaps on the front which seem to have stopped the sides of the car getting "spacer stone damage", the rears I just left couldn't fathom them out.
If you're driving with the window down you can hear stuff smacking off the mudfaps so even though they were designed by a child they do work.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks perfect Lone! ... oh, hose down those front wheels will ya. :p
:lol: I had just raped and pillaged most of Europe in the filthy wheel photo, couple of thousand miles over the Alps and back, that photo was waiting in Ijmuiden, Holland for the ferry back to Blighty ;)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have the RPI mud flaps on the front which seem to have stopped the sides of the car getting "spacer stone damage", the rears I just left couldn't fathom them out.
If you're driving with the window down you can hear stuff smacking off the mudfaps so even though they were designed by a child they do work.
It would be fair to say they're not much to look at, effectively just shaped flat plastic; no molding of any sort. Definitely function over form...
Here's a couple of pics of the rears I didn't fit.
flaps.JPG
Sponsored