Sponsored

wheel sizes?

Deroxas2.0

That's a pretty wide spread. If that's the spread then it would be 17" stock for the 4-cyl, 18" V6, 19" for the V8's with 20's upgrade? Those would be some pretty big stock wheels on what may be a lower, sleeker stang.
These days when manufacturers say 'smaller' or 'lighter' they are mostly just using it as marketing speak. Technically the 2015 model may be that but just how much smaller, lower, sleeker can it be. We already seen the prototype pics and vids and while it doesn't look bigger than the current model it doesn't look significantly smaller either. My point is that I think the s550 will be about the same size as s197 so the current wheel size range should fit fine.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The amount lower and sleeker will tend to be limited by pedestrian safety requirements (primarily European at this point, I think). There is some minimum clear height requirement for between the underside of the hood and hard items underneath.

So once you've set your ground clearance, engine dimensions and clearance for rocking in its mounts, upper suspension hard points, and the possibility of an OE strut tower brace, plus enough clearance to prevent interference there . . . you've got to add yet a little more height. Then you have to raise the seat a little to compensate, and then the roof line follows that.

Norm

OP
OP

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Not a fan of the flames unless it's an old school hot rod. It looks super tacky on more modern looking cars IMO.

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

The Eliminator Coupe graphics would be cool tho.
Well those true flame style flames look horrible period. I think ive decided to just go with a plain dark mettalic blue. Hopeful that that color makes the jump from 2014 to 2015

OP
OP

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Not a fan of the flames unless it's an old school hot rod. It looks super tacky on more modern looking cars IMO.

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

The Eliminator Coupe graphics would be cool tho.
Well those true flame style flames look horrible period. I think ive decided to just go with a plain dark mettalic blue. Hopeful that that color makes the jump from 2014 to 2015

OKCfan

The amount lower and sleeker will tend to be limited by pedestrian safety requirements (primarily European at this point, I think). There is some minimum clear height requirement for between the underside of the hood and hard items underneath.

So once you've set your ground clearance, engine dimensions and clearance for rocking in its mounts, upper suspension hard points, and the possibility of an OE strut tower brace, plus enough clearance to prevent interference there . . . you've got to add yet a little more height. Then you have to raise the seat a little to compensate, and then the roof line follows that.

Norm
Makes sense. But, then how can small low cars still continue being made - like the FR-S / BRZ? I'm really hankering for manufacturers to return to the day of simpler, smaller, lighter cars like the FR-S/BRZ. They've sold pretty well, maybe Ford will come out with a direct competitor.
Sponsored