Sponsored

Wheel Size Help and Suggestions

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
My personal opinion... If I were in this situation I would go with a 275/35 and 305/35 Michelin PSS or 275/35 and 295/35 Continental ECS... both setups fit optimally on that wheel setup, are some of the best daily tires and can handle a track day or two with no issues at all... are even quite fast with a competent driver and some front camber adjustment.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend 285/35 and 305/35 for that wheel setup... keeps the diameters closer to stock. 275/40 front and 305/30 rear is going to noticeably look off.

The speedo calibration being off isn't too big a deal, doesn't affect anything mechanically.
305/35 is a unicorn size, unfortunately, with very few offerings. 305/30 is available in many tires. I agree that it would be more ideal.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My personal opinion... If I were in this situation I would go with a 275/35 and 305/35 Michelin PSS or 275/35 and 295/35 Continental ECS... both setups fit optimally on that wheel setup, are some of the best daily tires and can handle a track day or two with no issues at all... are even quite fast with a competent driver and some front camber adjustment.
I was going to suggest this as well.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Thanks everyone, I am going to look into 275/35 and 295/35 as it seems to have the most availability. If I can't find anything would running 285/30 or 285/35 on the rear with the 275 front be a stupid idea?

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
it's still within manufacturers range, but I wouldn't do it. Tire will be quite stretched. On a 19x11 I think 295 or 305 is optimal.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone, I am going to look into 275/35 and 295/35 as it seems to have the most availability. If I can't find anything would running 285/30 or 285/35 on the rear with the 275 front be a stupid idea?
You could but they'd be probably a tad more stretched than you'd want, and 285/30 is tiny. I would do the above in bold.

Or, do 11" square and 305/30R19 all around :rockon::sunglasses::like:

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I've called around and all the tire shops in the areas are saying go 275/35 front and 285/35 for the rear.

When you say tiny, are you saying perspective, or just in comparison to the fenders and a 305.

Tire 19x11.PNG

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've called around and all the tire shops in the areas are saying go 275/35 front and 285/35 for the rear.

When you say tiny, are you saying perspective, or just in comparison to the fenders and a 305.

Tire 19x11.PNG
They're misinformed. 285/35R19 on an 11" fits, but is more stretched than you need, possibly want. 295 or 305.

285/30R19 is a very small diameter tire compared to what you have. That's what I meant by tiny.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm in the same boat brother. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a new summer setup as i keep going back and forth between wanting a staggered setup vs 305/30/19 squared.

Biggest thing im concerned with is the "tramlining" people speak of with the larger contact patches up front. This is my first Mustang and ive experienced "tramlining" in other vehicles. My car has the black package 19's 255/40/19 Pirelli all seasons and this car has had pretty bad tramlining since new. uneven pavement throws the car from side to side as is so ive been hesitant to do the 305 squared because of that.

My car is a daily driver which is my biggest reason for wanting a squared setup so i can rotate them easily.

BmacIL ive found to be a wealth of knowledge within the wheels/tires section of the forum so thanks for that brother!

I'm planning on taking out a PP2 GT in the next little while so i can get some real time 305 squared feedback before making the final decision.

What wheels did you end up getting OP "ChaoticFury"?

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I’ve considered it. Mostly due to the crazy cost here in Canada.

Would the 325 work on not so much?
325 is a hair too wide. I'd stick to a 305 or a 315.

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I'm on 305s in the rear and 285s in the front and she tramlines like a bitch! :crackup:

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat brother. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a new summer setup as i keep going back and forth between wanting a staggered setup vs 305/30/19 squared.

Biggest thing im concerned with is the "tramlining" people speak of with the larger contact patches up front. This is my first Mustang and ive experienced "tramlining" in other vehicles. My car has the black package 19's 255/40/19 Pirelli all seasons and this car has had pretty bad tramlining since new. uneven pavement throws the car from side to side as is so ive been hesitant to do the 305 squared because of that.

My car is a daily driver which is my biggest reason for wanting a squared setup so i can rotate them easily.

BmacIL ive found to be a wealth of knowledge within the wheels/tires section of the forum so thanks for that brother!

I'm planning on taking out a PP2 GT in the next little while so i can get some real time 305 squared feedback before making the final decision.

What wheels did you end up getting OP "ChaoticFury"?
You are absolutely right about BmacIL and a lot of the other great members of the forum. Went with 325 rear and 275 front. I’ve only gotten to drive it a little because of the virus but I have to say I like it. Doesn’t feel like any more tramlining than what I was already used to.

As soon as I get some time to finally go out and give it a go I’ll report back but so far so good. I have to say the firehawk tires are good so far. No complaints but I’ll wait until weather improves so I can put them through their paces and get a better idea. I wish they made a 305 but it is what it is.

Regarding squared, I use my car daily and it’s staggered. Granted I likely drive much less than most people and I know I’ll go through tires quicker. I do love the look of a staggered setup though. Nothing wrong with going squared, it will last you longer. Now 305 squared I can’t comment on. I’m sure some members here have some good insight.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You are absolutely right about BmacIL and a lot of the other great members of the forum. Went with 325 rear and 275 front. I’ve only gotten to drive it a little because of the virus but I have to say I like it. Doesn’t feel like any more tramlining than what I was already used to.

As soon as I get some time to finally go out and give it a go I’ll report back but so far so good. I have to say the firehawk tires are good so far. No complaints but I’ll wait until weather improves so I can put them through their paces and get a better idea. I wish they made a 305 but it is what it is.

Regarding squared, I use my car daily and it’s staggered. Granted I likely drive much less than most people and I know I’ll go through tires quicker. I do love the look of a staggered setup though. Nothing wrong with going squared, it will last you longer. Now 305 squared I can’t comment on. I’m sure some members here have some good insight.
I'd definitely be interested on your thoughts of the Indy 500's in the 325 section width once you get more seat time. If i end up doing a staggered setup i was leaning towards a 325 in the back.

I do drive a ton, I've already got 65,000 kms or 40,000 miles on my 2019 lol

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I'd definitely be interested on your thoughts of the Indy 500's in the 325 section width once you get more seat time. If i end up doing a staggered setup i was leaning towards a 325 in the back.

I do drive a ton, I've already got 65,000 kms or 40,000 miles on my 2019 lol
Oh yeah, that's a lot more driving than I do. I commute downtown to work (well not due to the virus) so it really only gets driven on the weekends to and from the stores or to car shows. Looks like restrictions are in place for us so it doesn't look like I am going to be getting seat time in the near future but I will keep you updated.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh yeah, that's a lot more driving than I do. I commute downtown to work (well not due to the virus) so it really only gets driven on the weekends to and from the stores or to car shows. Looks like restrictions are in place for us so it doesn't look like I am going to be getting seat time in the near future but I will keep you updated.
I work in the Agriculture industry (Farming support) so I'm still working as we were deemed "Essential" because they can't shut farmers down.

Will look forward to updates once this all goes away lol
Sponsored