Wheel downsizing

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
I’ve driven them about 750 miles now and I’m very pleased with the outcome.

The 235/50R18 was the right choice for me. The harsh ride has been mitigated to any acceptable level. I’m a suburban daily driver more focused on smooth ride on the highway and country road (with the top down) rather than track focus.

Ride is softer and it still feels very much like a sports car. I'm glad I didnt go with the 19 inch wheels, I think the difference might not have been noticeable . The 19 inch wheels also came with more expensive tires. the Conti's were only $193 compared to some $245+ for 19s. I got a TIRERACK wheel and tire package that came in +$200 for just tires on my 2017 Edge.

I don’t think I lost anything moving from 265s to 235s. Tire air pressure is important; 29 psi at 6am at 50 degrees and they warm up to 33psi after 45 min commute to work. Ride quality is much better than with the 20s I started with....

See the before and after.... New wheel only came in dark silver (I cheaped out cuz I wasnt sure about this)... But it works...

Hope this helps

2018 Ford Mustang Wheel.jpg

2018 Ford Mustang Wheel-Larger Tire.jpg
Did you go with an 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5 wheel? What is the offset of the new wheel?
Sponsored