The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I’ve searched as much as I can about detailers on here but all I can find is car body detailer information which makes sense. All I can find on the wheels is foam washes and everything which I am going to do but in the meantime on a daily or by daily basis until I can get around to it does anybody have a go to wheel detailer that they use?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I don't think you're going to find a wheel detailer while there are so many paint detailers that can do the job. I use the same sealants that I use on my paint, and old retired microfiber rags to clean wheels between washes. Works great.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you're going to find a wheel detailer while there are so many paint detailers that can do the job. I use the same sealants that I use on my paint, and old retired microfiber rags to clean wheels between washes. Works great.
I thought about that and looked into it. I normally would use Meguiars ultimate quick detailer on the paint but now since I’ve been liquid glassing again I haven’t. But it does say that I could use it on the wheels as long as the wheels are cooled down and you spray right onto the towel instead of onto the wheel just to make sure.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you're looking for a detailer to use inbetween washes, I would consider a waterless wash. They have better lubricity for removing dirt whilst minimizing scratching. You could then go over with a spray wax/normal detailer spray for added shine.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This works very well, fast complete results.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Not some over priced, long drawn out process. That frankly ends with the same comparable results.

That the boutique, foam shampoo, wheel honey and applicators or foam guns suggest .
IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

Rubber tire appearance also preferred. Not in a pissing contest with any wheel cleaning gurus . So don't get the panties in a wod.

Posting this as information for others. Who want a good wheel cleaning product. Don't care to spend, waste their time . On some fictitious, ultra wheel cleaner, and a dream. That some how the wheels will stay cleaner longer than these will.

Dirt and brake dust happens, less is more. It can be solved, park the car, pull up a lawn chair, 6 pk of beer, admire the car.

Repeat as needed when beer runs dry.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey all. I’ve searched as much as I can about detailers on here but all I can find is car body detailer information which makes sense. All I can find on the wheels is foam washes and everything which I am going to do but in the meantime on a daily or by daily basis until I can get around to it does anybody have a go to wheel detailer that they use?
Here you go.

https://www.autogeek.net/mequwhdemiwi.html

1628683558486.jpeg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
This works very well, fast complete results.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Not some over priced, long drawn out process. That frankly ends with the same comparable results.

That the boutique, foam shampoo, wheel honey and applicators or foam guns suggest .
IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

Rubber tire appearance also preferred. Not in a pissing contest with any wheel cleaning gurus . So don't get the panties in a wod.

Posting this as information for others. Who want a good wheel cleaning product. Don't care to spend, waste their time . On some fictitious, ultra wheel cleaner, and a dream. That some how the wheels will stay cleaner longer than these will.

Dirt and brake dust happens, less is more. It can be solved, park the car, pull up a lawn chair, 6 pk of beer, admire the car.

Repeat as needed when beer runs dry.
I‘ve been repairing wheels for a living for about 14 years.
The first thing I do when I get the wheel into my mobile shop is clean with Simple Green. The concentrate is diluted to 50/50 water. Gets the initial brake dust and road grime under control pretty quick. Of course paint prep requires something more specific but simple green is great for most of us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's because they are brand new right now but I am cleaning them a lot with just water right now as they are not really dirty at all since I am doing it every couple days. :giggle:

I am not sure if it is the wheel design but I am not getting that much brake dust even with hard braking.

I think I will get the Simple Green when I get a chance.

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
@460Fred are you talking about regular Simple Green or the tire & wheel version?

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
McKees37 Hydro Blue. Just spray on and then rinse off.
Sponsored