Sponsored

What's your Mach 1's nickname?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't have a nick name but I call it the Mach 1 and always add on that it's a Mach 1 whenever anyone says mustang.

This is pretty much how every conversation goes

"oh you have a mustang? Cool."

"Yes it's a mach 1."

"oh nice that's the electric one?"

"no, basically the opposite of that."
Like many I come back to this post and review for updates. Every time I come across this I can't help but crack up laughing.

Last edited:

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
2021-10-03 14.47.58.jpg

I didn't give them names but the guys at work call them Hulk and The Blueberry (Psych reference). My wife just call hers Pinky.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Yeager——its also why I got the FJG package. Carry his autograph in my glove box.
That was my whole thing with Charlotte, and FJG. The Mach 1 name was a tribute to Chuck Yeager, the Orange accents for the Fighter jet Gray are a tribute to the orange of the experimental Jets like the Bell X1 which Yeager was the first to hit Mach 1 in.
Then there's Charlotte raceway for our track attack, and like my Girlfriend mentioned... The wheels look like Charlotte's Web.

Sponsored

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
2021-10-03 14.47.58.jpg

I didn't give them names but the guys at work call them Hulk and The Blueberry (Psych reference). My wife just call hers Pinky.
What year model is Pinky and how about Hulk?

How come hulk has fog lights and pinky doesn't? Is it GT vs v6? or was it a year model thing?

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
What year model is Pinky and how about Hulk?

How come hulk has fog lights and pinky doesn't? Is it GT vs v6? or was it a year model thing?
So Pinky and Hulk are both 2013's. Pinky is a base V6 and Hulk is a Premium GT. When you drive them the difference between them is very noticeable, they don't handle anything alike. We drive her's around on the weekends and on road trips. Even being a stripped down base model, it's actually not a bad car at all.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
So Pinky and Hulk are both 2013's. Pinky is a base V6 and Hulk is a Premium GT. When you drive them the difference between them is very noticeable, they don't handle anything alike. We drive her's around on the weekends and on road trips. Even being a stripped down base model, it's actually not a bad car at all.
thought so but just wanted to make sure. In 2013, I wanted to buy a Mustang Convertible. My wife talked me out of getting the V8 for fuel economy and getting the V6 instead. I test drove the coupe V6 (they don't have convertibles to test drive) and it was plenty of power for me. So I bought the V6 convertible only to be hugely disappointed, it was slower than the coupe that I drove and when I floored it, the car wouldn't move until like 3 seconds have done by. When I did some research I was told that is because of the gear ratios on the V6 and if I change that, it would void the warranty. Fast forward to today, I am getting the V8 Mustang that I always wanted but the Mach 1. No more listening to the wife when it comes to choosing cars :curse:

My previous 2013 V6 Mustang. Never buying a V6 Mustang or Eco Boost again. To me, if it's a Mustang, it has to be a V8. Period.

Mustang Convertible V6 2013_11-12-12_3.jpg

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
thought so but just wanted to make sure. In 2012, I wanted to buy a Mustang Convertible. My wife talked me out of getting the V8 for fuel economy and getting the V6 instead. I test drove the coupe V6 (they don't have convertibles to test drive) and it was plenty of power for me. So I bought the V6 convertible only to be hugely disappointed, it was slower than the coupe that I drove and when I floored it, the car wouldn't move until like 3 seconds have done by. When I did some research I was told that is because of the gear ratios on the V6 and if I change that, it would void the warranty. Fast forward to today, I am getting the V8 Mustang that I always wanted but the Mach 1. No more listening to the wife when it comes to choosing cars :curse:

My previous 2013 V6 Mustang. Never buying a V6 Mustang or Eco Boost again. To me, if it's a Mustang, it has to be a V8. Period.

Mustang Convertible V6 2013_11-12-12_3.jpg
I am totally done with eco-boost and V6s too. I was told by friends that the V6 in a 2004 Mustang would be great, only it's a freaking boat anchor that has a hard time getting out of it's own way.

Years later, Ford told me the eco-boost would get better mileage in our new Edge. BS, it got the same or worse than the 5 or 6 people we knew with the V6. The power was nice, especially at altitude like Lake Tahoe, because it didn't drop off like N/A cars. BUT, the "ECO" in eco-boost is total crap.

I have never had a complaint with the V8s in my F150s. I would probably be OK if my wife wanted to replace her Vert. with an eco-boost Vert. but only because I'd hardly drive it.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I’m leaning towards Quicksilver, paying a little tribute to my surfing days, along with the obvious color of silver.
Which it could end up being Lucky, who knows. Lucky to get the damn thing:crackup:

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013-04-23 17.36.26.jpg

I started out much the same way with my fake Mach 1. Couldn't afford a GT so I got a 5 speed 4.0L. My daughters nicknamed it Bumblebee, because they were too young to know the difference between a Camaro and a Mustang. In the end it was faster than a 2004 GT, but was never going to be a GT. I shopped around for a yellow GT and planned on swapping everything over, but it just wasn't worth the cost (plus all the ones I found were rode hard and put away wet). Sold it to my brother-in-law who still daily drives it (and was happy to get it cheap). Ever since then I've been upgrading. I was going to get the GT500 but the ADM's were obnoxiuous and that's how I ran across the deal on the Mach 1. I've got surprise Ecoboost on order for the wife because shes started to get jealous that I have a new one and I didn't sell Hulk like I said I would. :oops:🤣

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
This topic led me to an interesting realization - in a casual conversation I would probably refer to my Mach 1 either as "mach" (no one), or as "poník" or "koník", which would literally translate as "little pony/horse" (and probably does not bring the same connotation in English as in Czech :)).
However, my custom licence plate says "SHADOFAX" (yes, one letter is missing), because it was the only name I could think of as being respectful enough :D

Last edited:

Durthol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium & Elite, HP, Recaros, Tremec
Mine will be Eowyn.
Destroyer of the Witch-King of Angmar.

79689f6a.png
Now that's a name I can get behind! Hoping to see other Tolkien-inspired names for our cars in here. :)

Mine is Ancalagon the Black.

IMG_3582.jpg