Sponsored

What's the offset for the optional 20" wheels?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I am toying with the idea of going from a 20" wheel to a 19" wheel. A slightly taller sidewall should help with ride quality on the lousy roads that make up half my commute, without significantly affecting performance like a much taller sidewall would. A little side benefit is that 19" tires are slightly cheaper. Of course, there's the expense of buying 4 new wheels, but that's just part of the deal.

I have the optional 20" wheels on '17GT. What is their offset so that I know what I need to buy in a 19" wheel? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Now THAT is a thorough reply. Thanks, @cbdallas !

Deleted member 35644

Sure thing.

I find myself wishing I'd gone ahead and got a set of Foundry wheels instead of the 19s I chose. I've always loved the look. I was just scared it would ride like a wagon.

Now that there's a convertible with 20s sitting next to my coupe in the garage, my car is....er, uh...I'm jealous, and the ride isn't that much different. Let us know what you pick!

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Sure thing.

I find myself wishing I'd gone ahead and got a set of Foundry wheels instead of the 19s I chose. I've always loved the look. I was just scared it would ride like a wagon.

Now that there's a convertible with 20s sitting next to my coupe in the garage, my car is....er, uh...I'm jealous, and the ride isn't that much different. Let us know what you pick!

I may just have a set that could help with that jealousy problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I know little about aftermarket wheels, but: Why does a Google search for "Foundry Wheels" turn up images of my stock 20" Ford wheels? That's odd. I do plan on holding onto mine should I get aftermarket wheels...I have kept all parts I've swapped out except the stock exhaust. I never went back with my truck to get it. No place to put it anyway, at 10-ish feet long and 4' wide.

And "ride" is entirely subjective, but I can tell you that with all the mods in my sig, my car does ride like a wagon. Corners like a go kart on rails but "whumps" bad on potholes that ants ignore. IMO, anyway. YMMV.

I actually really like the way the stockers look, especially when clean. They don't look "like stock wheels" and the vast majority of S550s I've seen have either PP or other black/dark wheels. The 20" anthracite is semi-special. FWIW, the 19" Apex EDC-7s I'm drooling over will be in Anthracite, should I get them. But, being that my OEM tires are about 3 months away from the wear bars, I may change things up a bit with some new wheels/tires in the 19" flavor. :)

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
I know little about aftermarket wheels, but: Why does a Google search for "Foundry Wheels" turn up images of my stock 20" Ford wheels? That's odd. I do plan on holding onto mine should I get aftermarket wheels...I have kept all parts I've swapped out except the stock exhaust. I never went back with my truck to get it. No place to put it anyway, at 10-ish feet long and 4' wide.

And "ride" is entirely subjective, but I can tell you that with all the mods in my sig, my car does ride like a wagon. Corners like a go kart on rails but "whumps" bad on potholes that ants ignore. IMO, anyway. YMMV.

I actually really like the way the stockers look, especially when clean. They don't look "like stock wheels" and the vast majority of S550s I've seen have either PP or other black/dark wheels. The 20" anthracite is semi-special. FWIW, the 19" Apex EDC-7s I'm drooling over will be in Anthracite, should I get them.
Foundry wheels are the 20” Ford optional wheel.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@OlTexastang : Oooooh. :facepalm: Shows'ya how much I know. LOL! Thanks for clearing that up.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
.....I actually really like the way the stockers look, especially when clean. They don't look "like stock wheels" and the vast majority of S550s I've seen have either PP or other black/dark wheels. The 20" anthracite is semi-special. FWIW, the 19" Apex EDC-7s I'm drooling over will be in Anthracite, should I get them. But, being that my OEM tires are about 3 months away from the wear bars, I may change things up a bit with some new wheels/tires in the 19" flavor. :)
im in the same boat, love these rims just need wider for the rear.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I haven't received my Apex 19x10 EC-7s yet, so I've got to reserve judgement until they are on the car and I've had a few weeks to absorb and judge the new look and handling. I wanted wider tires but didn't want to potentially compromise handling or safety by stuffing a too-wide tire on the stock 9" wide rim.

I thought about going to the Stormtrooper look, which I like. But: one, that's been done to death and every S550 in my city has black wheels. And two, I'd have to buy/install all new emblems for my car since I've got chrome emblems all-around. Or go the plasti-dip route, which I'm not crazy about either.

So I'm trying something a little different with anthracite-colored rims (the stockers are half anthracite/half chrome) and we'll see how that looks. Worst case, I sell the new wheels/tires as almost new/mint for a small loss and I move on. :)
Sponsored