Sponsored

What's the fastest baby seat for my GT?!

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
I wasnt expecting to be expecting! The boss said I can keep the GT as long as we can afford it. The next question is, what's the coolest baby car seat can I fit in the GT?

What do you guys recommend? Ease and convenience is key but something that looks cool is also a plus. Oh yea and safest lol.
Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
We used to have one I think it was by Evenflo. It had latches that latched themselves and all you had to do was push down on it and it would tighten itself down with a ratchet like system. It was the sh!t. I could transfer between vehicles in seconds. It was a decent price too but definitely not one of those $500 top of the line ones. As for it looking cool in a mustang, well....
lol

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
I have a Recaro car seat in mine.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I don't have a Mustang, but I do have a 3 week old and really like the Chicco Keyfit 30 we have. Put a base in both cars so it's easy to move between cars. It's safe, comfortable and looks nice IMO. Used it for my first kiddo (2.5 now!) and it's holding up well.

Lastly, congrats!!! Don't blink because they grow too damn fast!

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
What vehicle does the wife have? Just take hers?
Buy an old Ford Escape? Will you ever need to have wife and little one riding in Mustang with you at same time?

Forward facing booster works with a passenger but a reversed baby seat with a passenger wont.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
The evenflo does look really nice and compact. The wife is jonesing for the uppababy vista stroller which is like the Maserati of strollers, so we are looking at compatible car seats to work with that too.

She drives a 17 c300 benz for another 2 years but driving her car is out of the question as we both work. Getting a daily for me is not in the cards right now with the extra insurance but that's the goal down the road. I'd love to get into an older style grand Cherokee for like 7k and fix it up.

I'm looking at these all in one seats that reverse face as well as forward face. They are called convertable car seats. I love the recaro one too but not sure if it has that all in one feature rather just a booster seat. Alot of recaro seats are discontinued for some reason.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, now that I’m thinking about it, the one I mentioned wasn’t for newborns. It was for once you can have them forward facing. It’s been quite a few years now since we needed car seats and my memory isn’t as good as it used to be.
The one we did have for rear facing came with two bases so it could be used in two vehicles. The seat just clicked into the base. Don’t remember the brand.
By the way congrats.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Umm I hate to say this but go get a rear facing car seat now and install in both cars and see how it fits..

Older Mercedes C class rear facing wouldn't really work well with a passenger...plus with ALL of the stuff you will need to carry I see a bigger car in your close future...

You might want to look at doing an old Cherokee and maybe an older terminator or older blown GT for a fun combo

I ended up with an srt8 charger for a while..

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I have the same thing going on. I went with a 2001 XJ Cherokee and called it done. Don't you guys get snow up there anyway? It's paid for and insurance it only $18 dollars a month for it.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My kid is 1.5 years old now, and she's 33 inches tall (that's in the 105% for her age). I've been using the same seat since she was born.
There is an extra base for that seat so you can just keep it installed in both cars (because it's a bitch to take the base out and put it back in)

Because she's so tall, her knees are bent and she can reach the quarter window with her foot, but everything I've read (and her pediatrician) said to keep her facing backwards as long as possible because head injuries are very common with forward facing seats, but foot/leg injuries are basically non-existent with rear facing seats.

One other thing to consider: with this seat, I can put her in it while it's on the ground (or inside the house still), then plop it into the base and we're good to go. With other seats which are permanently installed in your car, you have to put the kid in then buckle them in and all that while they're in the car. This sucks. Trust me.

And don't worry, you will be able to fit everything in the trunk. Just have to get creative with how you stack some things. I can fit the giant stroller, the diaper bag, another backpack of clothes, a bag with a bunch of baby food/bottles, multiple gallons of nursery water, a baby bath tub, a bath bag, folded playpen, and there's still room for toys and other crap. Our trunks are huge.

Best diaper bag: Graco Diaper Bag Backpack
Stroller/carseat: Graco Travel System
Extra Base: Graco Snugride Base
carseat.jpg

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Our little G used this sweet piece of equipment when she was older - now she's 10 and requested Captain's Chairs in the new RT, hahahaha ...

DSC_1579_1200.JPG

(When she was younger it was a Chicco Keyfit I believe, rear facing, snapped into a stroller, neat product)

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
My kid is 1.5 years old now, and she's 33 inches tall (that's in the 105% for her age). I've been using the same seat since she was born.
There is an extra base for that seat so you can just keep it installed in both cars (because it's a bitch to take the base out and put it back in)

Because she's so tall, her knees are bent and she can reach the quarter window with her foot, but everything I've read (and her pediatrician) said to keep her facing backwards as long as possible because head injuries are very common with forward facing seats, but foot/leg injuries are basically non-existent with rear facing seats.

One other thing to consider: with this seat, I can put her in it while it's on the ground (or inside the house still), then plop it into the base and we're good to go. With other seats which are permanently installed in your car, you have to put the kid in then buckle them in and all that while they're in the car. This sucks. Trust me.

And don't worry, you will be able to fit everything in the trunk. Just have to get creative with how you stack some things. I can fit the giant stroller, the diaper bag, another backpack of clothes, a bag with a bunch of baby food/bottles, multiple gallons of nursery water, a baby bath tub, a bath bag, folded playpen, and there's still room for toys and other crap. Our trunks are huge.

Best diaper bag: Graco Diaper Bag Backpack
Stroller/carseat: Graco Travel System
Extra Base: Graco Snugride Base
carseat.jpg
Wow, she's going to be tall! My oldest daughter is 2.5 and about that tall... LOL!!! She's been in 6th percentile for height forever and it works out in a way because it's easier to keep her rear facing for as long as possible. My second will be a month old this Thursday and we'll see what her specs are.

OP - I think you'll be fine for the first year, but eventually you'll want an SUV and I strongly recommend a 2015+ Honda CR-V (or 2017+ is you want the latest look/tech and turbo). I bought the wife a 2015 Honda CR-V Touring AWD and it's been perfect for the family. Plenty of room inside, full of safety features (adaptive cruise, lane assist, auto braking, etc) and it gets around 26 mpg average and about 30 mpg on longer road trips. The rear doors open almost 90 degrees which make getting the car seat and stuff in and out much easier. The rear hatch is perfect to store diapers/wipes so you can easily change them instead. There are plenty of other options, but I felt this was the better choice as we keep vehicles for a very long time. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but it's plenty spunky and I do enjoy driving it.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, she's going to be tall! My oldest daughter is 2.5 and about that tall... LOL!!! She's been in 6th percentile for height forever and it works out in a way because it's easier to keep her rear facing for as long as possible. My second will be a month old this Thursday and we'll see what her specs are.

OP - I think you'll be fine for the first year, but eventually you'll want an SUV and I strongly recommend a 2015+ Honda CR-V (or 2017+ is you want the latest look/tech and turbo). I bought the wife a 2015 Honda CR-V Touring AWD and it's been perfect for the family. Plenty of room inside, full of safety features (adaptive cruise, lane assist, auto braking, etc) and it gets around 26 mpg average and about 30 mpg on longer road trips. The rear doors open almost 90 degrees which make getting the car seat and stuff in and out much easier. The rear hatch is perfect to store diapers/wipes so you can easily change them instead. There are plenty of other options, but I felt this was the better choice as we keep vehicles for a very long time. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but it's plenty spunky and I do enjoy driving it.
Yea she towers over kids twice her age. She’s in the 50th percentile for weight/age too, which makes her look super skinny.

On the subject of changing... I’ve actually changed her diapers in my trunk on multiple occasions. Definitely doable. All weather trunk mat in there just in case :rockon:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6