Sponsored

What's the biggest tire i can run on 19 GT factory PP1 wheel?

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I just picked up my new to me GT last Friday. It has 255/40 19 pilots all the way around it so I just got 2, nitto 305/30 ZR19 555G2's for the rear and now that i am looking at them I'm not sure they will fit lol...anyone tried this? i searched the forum but didn't see anything.
My stock 19 rims (GT/CS) are only 8.5 inches wide and a 255/40 is already at the max recommended for the width. I'm waiting on a new set of 19Ă—9.5's wrapped in 275/35's and don't need to go any wider for purely DD street use. Again, 275 is the max (or 285 depending on what chart you look at) recommended width for a 9.5 rim. I'm not sure about the width of a factory PP 19 rim, but with the year of your car it should be easy enough to look up. Then check the charts for tires. You may also need to re-calibrate your speedometer if the overall wheel diameter changes too much. For example, my transition from a 255/40 to a 275/35 reduces the diameter by about .5 inches and will make my speedo display about 1 mph less than actual speed. I won't try to recalibrate for 1 mph under.

Interestingly, my transition will lower the car by a quarter inh AND increase the fender gap by about a quarter inch. I'm hoping that it won't look too odd! (We'll see....) There are several things to keep in mind when ya change wheel and tire sizes. (lol)
Sponsored