Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Black Friday Sale 2- Obsessed Garage

I have to say, I ordered this last Monday, 7 days later it arrived from Lady Lake Florida!

When OG launched their vacuum solution, think of it like the wall mounted vacuum version of their pressure washer system, the comment was that "no one makes or sells good vacuum accessories". I thought, well will see about that, and then proceeded to spend multiple hours discovering that in fact, no did sell a good accessory package for car detailing.

Sure, after trawling the internet, I found most of what I wanted spread across several vendors, all asking for varying amounts of shipping to piece it all together. In the end, I just waited until the OG package was in stock and on sale for Black Friday, then just splurged and got it all in one hit.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/vacuums/products/vacuum-accessory-kit

IMG-0150.jpg

I have to say, this is an underserved market in Australia. As mentioned, nothing like this exists in total, and even with my online shopping prowess, I was left unrewarded.

I would say vacuuming is my least favorite detailing task, so having the good attachments to make the job quicker and easier is a high priority. Of the above, I love how the round brush attachment has longer bristles than what I could find locally, and the white brush attachment looks like it would be very useful. As is the turbo attachment for cleaning floor mats and the extra-long and flexible crevice tool, ideal for dealing the narrow space between the center console and seats.

Not pictured, but I also splurged another four of the Griot's dispensing spouts, so so good.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/prod...spensing-spout?_pos=1&_psq=spout&_ss=e&_v=1.0

And because I'm completely stupid, I think this may be the only two bottles of the special edition Koch Chemie GF-X in Australia. One bottle for use, one to keep.

Koch Chemie Gfx (Gentle Snow Foam X-Mas) | Car Soap | Obsessed Garage

IMG-0143.jpg

This limited edition version of GSF was launched specially for the US market only, Obsessed Garage getting the lions share of supply. It smells like cinnamon and pine, a heady aroma that is certainly unique among car wash soaps.

And I say all that as someone who positively hates Christmas. đź‘ż
Oh man the OG sale got you too? lol I’m about to pull the trigger on their Active 2.0 wall mount solution and Prevost piping kit for my CR Spotless. The sale ends tomorrow so I guess I better 💩 or get off the pot. Only thing I can’t figure out is I priced all the pieces separately that they list in the kit and it came out to $60 less than the price of their full kit. I’m going to call them tomorrow and figure out what that is about. Hopefully it’s not a surcharge for them building the kit when I can order all the pieces separately for less money lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Oh man the OG sale got you too? lol I’m about to pull the trigger on their Active 2.0 wall mount solution and Prevost piping kit for my CR Spotless. The sale ends tomorrow so I guess I better 💩 or get off the pot. Only thing I can’t figure out is I priced all the pieces separately that they list in the kit and it came out to $60 less than the price of their full kit. I’m going to call them tomorrow and figure out what that is about. Hopefully it’s not a surcharge for them building the kit when I can order all the pieces separately for less money lol.
I'm pretty sure they don't have a phone number for customer enquiries, only email. Because of that, they can take some time to get back to you, usually 2 to 5 days. In which case the sale will be over.

From what I have seen him mention in the past, the price of his packages are the same as if you ordered everything singularly. The reasoning, they did the legwork to make sure each part and fitting plays together, so why discount and undermine all of that work. A very different approach than how most companies do it. Being $60 more doesn't sound quite right though.

In any case, I would be jumping on the opportunity, OG only have ONE sale a year, so now is the time.

If you can reach a little further, I would also consider the AR-630TS solution as well. Yes, an extra $445, but a much stouter machine that can also be serviced when required. You do need a 20-amp circuit though.

Wall Mounted AR-630 Custom Install | Obsessed Garage

You could also simplify the setup by going for the Comet, which has an integrated hose and hose reel. You would then plumb that into the CR-Spotless.

Comet Static 1700 Extra | Pressure Washer | Obsessed Garage

The wall mount system is easily one of the best things I have done, the user experience is second to none.

wm19.jpg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm pretty sure they don't have a phone number for customer enquiries, only email. Because of that, they can take some time to get back to you, usually 2 to 5 days. In which case the sale will be over.

From what I have seen him mention in the past, the price of his packages are the same as if you ordered everything singularly. The reasoning, they did the legwork to make sure each part and fitting plays together, so why discount and undermine all of that work. A very different approach than how most companies do it. Being $60 more doesn't sound quite right though.

In any case, I would be jumping on the opportunity, OG only have ONE sale a year, so now is the time.

If you can reach a little further, I would also consider the AR-630TS solution as well. Yes, an extra $445, but a much stouter machine that can also be serviced when required. You do need a 20-amp circuit though.

Wall Mounted AR-630 Custom Install | Obsessed Garage

You could also simplify the setup by going for the Comet, which has an integrated hose and hose reel. You would then plumb that into the CR-Spotless.

Comet Static 1700 Extra | Pressure Washer | Obsessed Garage

The wall mount system is easily one of the best things I have done, the user experience is second to none.

wm19.jpg
I like the specs of the Active unit and since I really only detail my own car I’m sure I’ll get many years of use out of it. I can’t justify the cost of the AR or Kranzle and as you said, I need a 20 amp circuit which would cost me around $400 to have done. I had a triple 50 amp run for my hot water on demand heater and that was over $1K. Electricians around here aren’t cheap lol.

As for the Prevost kit they list every single part that comes in it and I added each one individually to my Cart and it was definitely cheaper. They actually do have a number, you just have to google it. They’ve also been relatively quick to answer IG messages.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I like the specs of the Active unit and since I really only detail my own car I’m sure I’ll get many years of use out of it. I can’t justify the cost of the AR or Kranzle and as you said, I need a 20 amp circuit which would cost me around $400 to have done. I had a triple 50 amp run for my hot water on demand heater and that was over $1K. Electricians around here aren’t cheap lol.

As for the Prevost kit they list every single part that comes in it and I added each one individually to my Cart and it was definitely cheaper. They actually do have a number, you just have to google it. They’ve also been relatively quick to answer IG messages.
Just be careful, you may end up calling the man himself, from past anecdotes, it didn't end well. :like:

The below page suggests the phone is not monitored or manned -

Obsessed Garage Phone Number | (352) 289-1055

Obsessed Garage Support

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yeah, it's pricy here too, but it's certainly in the upper echelon of rinse-less washes.

Black Friday got me too............................................
Yeah, Black friday definitely got me. DIY detail, Gyeon USA, The Rag Company, KCX USA mystery bucket, the list goes on and on. All my friends tell me I have lost my mind to have such a cleaning arsenal to clean 2 cars. I do a few here and there for friends but for the most part I do my 2 and that is it.. I just love trying and experimenting with all kinds of stuff.

Got my eye on a Lake Country pad washing system now, they are all sold out everywhere I go. My Mazda needs a polish bad and I hate cleaning pads by hand. And a Vyper chair. Lord help me :(

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just be careful, you may end up calling the man himself, from past anecdotes, it didn't end well. :like:

The below page suggests the phone is not monitored or manned -

Obsessed Garage Phone Number | (352) 289-1055

Obsessed Garage Support
Pulled the trigger on the Active 2.0 wall solution along with Prevost piping kit for my CR Spotless. Cox reels aee on back order so it may be a bit before I get everything. I made a separate order for the piping so I can at least get that all set up before the PW arrives.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Mustang's turn this week, and chance to try some new products.

Wheels first as always, trying out the Carpro WheelsMitt that I have had in the cabinet for a while now.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/c...5&_sid=b386b07c9&_ss=r&variant=39695474032729

IMG-0161.jpg

First of all, the quality of this mitt is amazing, the orange fluffy microfiber is super soft, the reverse side is a semi-abrasive material, similar to the Carpro InnerScrub mitt, which is for light cleaning of the tyres.

IMG-0169.jpg

IMG-0168.jpg

But it's just too big, especially compared to the already a touch too big TRC Wheels Mitt. This is compounded by my hatred of full wash mitts in general. On paint, a mitt is tolerable, but for wheels where you are swapping between other tools and the pressure washer gun, putting the mitt on and taking it off gets old. I also don't like the idea of scuffing up my wheels by making contact with the tyre side of the mitt.

IMG-0173.jpg

IMG-0176.jpg

IMG-0178.jpg

Onto a new product that was not intended for the Australian market, the Christmas edition Koch Chemie GFX.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/new-products/products/koch-chemie-gfx

IMG-0143.jpg

Launched for the US market only, GFX is based on the excellent GSF, but rather than sweet cherries, this is heavily scented with cinnamon and pine for a heady Christmas themed aroma when foamed. It's as slick as regular GSF, although the pH of 8.0 is slightly higher than the pH 7.5 of GSF. Having ordered two bottles, one to use and one to keep, this is about as festive as I get!

IMG-0157.jpg

IMG-0185.jpg

IMG-0183.jpg

Moving to the interior, I also had a chance to play with Carpro's new leather products, the SkinCare Kit, which contains a leather cleaner (Cleanse) and conditioner (Lotion), along with a brush, two towels and an applicator pad.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/c..._psq=skin&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=40654447968345

As you can see with the above press image and my own below, the Cleanse was sent with a crappy sprayer and not the pump foam dispenser. As such, when applying the product into the brush, it doesn't spread very well. From experience, when a product like this is foamed, it improves coverage and working time. I also don't like the rather strange scent Carpro chose for this product. It did clean quite well though.

IMG-0200.jpg

IMG-0207.jpg

Next, with the leather clean, it was time to apply Lotion. Again, the scent is not winning me over. I harp on scent a lot because I have a sensitive sense of smell, meaning I can detect things others don't, but also associate scents with the user experience, be that good or bad.

Apart from the scent, the gel-like consistency of Lotion applies quite easily, a little going a long way. In this case, I used the supplied applicator, which is butter soft. Lotion goes on quite oily, but levels down to a satin/matte sheen. But it also creates a slippery and squeaky surface to sit on.

IMG-0217.jpg

IMG-0213.jpg

Sadly, both Cleanse and Lotion get a hard no from me. The lack of the foaming trigger on Cleanse, combined with the scent of both and the slipperiness of Lotion seal its fate. ColourLock and NV Cleanse/Nourish easily eclipse this duo, both free of tacky scents and the slippery finish.

Continuing the Carpro disappointments, I tried the new ClarifyPhobic glass cleaner again today, but again had to re-do the glass due to smudging and ghosting. Glass can be tricky, so I say keep it simple and stick with an IPA based glass cleaner for best results.

Finally, I also had a play with the new vacuum attachments. The standouts being the turbo attachment, making short work of the floor mats, granted not all that dirty but it did fluff up the fibers quite nicely. The longer white brush attachment is fantastic for doing cloth trimmed seats, and the rectangular brush attachment great on the rubber floor mats in the Ranger. The floor attachment is not detailing related, but the head is better suited to Swisstrax compared to the Karcher item I had been using. The adjustable metal tube is fantastic as well.

IMG-0150.jpg

So, a few winners and a few losers today.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Thanks for clearly written and informative article DFB.
What is IPA based window cleaner?
Recall my father using newspaper and methylated spirits on his FE (Holden, not LTD)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks for clearly written and informative article DFB.
What is IPA based window cleaner?
Recall my father using newspaper and methylated spirits on his FE (Holden, not LTD)
Two things;

The old metho + newspaper window cleaning method was brilliantly effective. But that no longer applies, the type of ink used for newspapers is different than in the past, so nowhere near as effective as it once was. That change in chemical makeup was made in the mid-90's.

As for IPA based window cleaners, most automotive glass cleaners are based on isopropyl alcohol. This is especially important for tinted interior windows, ammonia-based cleaners can harm the tint and stain plastic and vinyl surfaces. Unless otherwise stated on the bottle, using Windex is not advised.

There are two IPA glass cleaners I grab the most -

While it lacks a fancy bottle or scent, but Stoner's Invisible Glass just works. It's also readily available. Stick with the liquid version rather than the messy aerosol version.

Invisible Glass Glass Cleaner - 935mL | Supercheap Auto
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner Tint Safe- 946ml (detailingshed.com.au)

feb2192.jpg

If you want performance combined with a nice scent, Gyeon Q2M Glass is a brilliant.

Gyeon Q²M Glass Cleaner 500ml - 116032 - Windscreen & Glass Cleaner | Repco Australia
Gyeon Q2M Streak Free Glass Cleaner (500ml/4L) | Detailing Shed

dt2.jpg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Two things;

The old metho + newspaper window cleaning method was brilliantly effective. But that no longer applies, the type of ink used for newspapers is different than in the past, so nowhere near as effective as it once was. That change in chemical makeup was made in the mid-90's.

As for IPA based window cleaners, most automotive glass cleaners are based on isopropyl alcohol. This is especially important for tinted interior windows, ammonia-based cleaners can harm the tint and stain plastic and vinyl surfaces. Unless otherwise stated on the bottle, using Windex is not advised.

There are two IPA glass cleaners I grab the most -

While it lacks a fancy bottle or scent, but Stoner's Invisible Glass just works. It's also readily available. Stick with the liquid version rather than the messy aerosol version.

Invisible Glass Glass Cleaner - 935mL | Supercheap Auto
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner Tint Safe- 946ml (detailingshed.com.au)

feb2192.jpg

If you want performance combined with a nice scent, Gyeon Q2M Glass is a brilliant.

Gyeon Q²M Glass Cleaner 500ml - 116032 - Windscreen & Glass Cleaner | Repco Australia
Gyeon Q2M Streak Free Glass Cleaner (500ml/4L) | Detailing Shed

dt2.jpg
I must say I really like the Gyeon Q2M glass cleaner. I got a bottle in a maintenance kit and it is fantastic.. I still have a ton of P&S Clear Vue that I will use mostly (gallon that mixes 4:1) but the Gyeon can stay in my car for my mobile kit :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ranger Paint Correction & Coating

Unlike my other cars, the Ranger is an all-weather vehicle. Rain, hail, or shine, parked outdoors in the summer sun, driven across the muddy green waste tip, lugging around my gardening tools, and transporting landscape materials, a true workhorse and the perfect daily for me.

Photos for proof of the above! :like:

IMG-2155.jpg

IMG-6316.jpg

IMG-0409.jpg

IMG-0405.jpg

I invested my hard-earned money into this vehicle, which in turn helps me to earn a living and pay for the four-wheeled toys in my life, along with the stuff to wash those toys. The Ranger is the most expensive “tool” I have in my business, and despite the “daily driver” or “beater” designation, I try to look after it as best I can. Does a base model Ford Ranger designed for the working man need to be paint corrected and ceramic coated, probably not, but that’s how I roll.

Washed on a weekly or fortnightly basis and maintained with a drying aid, the paint is in ok condition. April 2022 was the last time the Ranger was polished, so it's time for a refresh and a change of direction.

Decontamination & Polish Prep

Although a full decontamination was probably overkill, I have the chemicals and tools for this task for a reason, so it's only natural to follow the process for thoroughness. For a change, I’m going to format this step by step style.

1- Apply iron remover to the whole vehicle from dry. In this case I’m trying out Bilt Hamber Korrosol. Leave to dwell for 5 minutes.

IMG-0232.jpg

IMG-0233.jpg

2- Using a foam cannon, apply the alkaline Obsessed Garage Decon Soap over the top of the iron remover. Again, allowed to dwell for 5 minutes.

IMG-0236.jpg

IMG-0240.jpg

3- Thorough rinse.

4- Apply the acidic Carpro Descale with the foam cannon, then proceed with the contact wash.

IMG-0242.jpg

5- Rinse

6- Optional, this would be where you clay the car. I thought I would get away without claying, but I could feel some mild roughness to the paint.

Today, I used the new Ultra Clay Scrubber from The Rag Company and Gyeon Clay Lube, both new additions for me. Traditionally, I had used Meguiar's M34 as clay lubricant, but the Gyeon stuff seemed way less grabby and smelt nice too. The bottle seen below is a concentrate, the product is then diluted to suit. And the Ultra Clay Scrubber is brilliant too, perfect for mild to moderate contamination like this.

IMG-0246.jpg

IMG-0249.jpg

IMG-0253.jpg

7- Rinse again to remove the clay lubricant.

8- Dry thoroughly, using air and towels. I combine the towel drying step with my prep spray, in this case the brilliant Rupes Reveal Lite.

IMG-0257.jpg

IMG-0261.jpg

9- Taping. I hate this step, but it’s completely worth the bother. Applied to all black unpainted plastics, trim and rubber. I also lay a towel across the windscreen cowling to prevent dust accumulation.

IMG-0264.jpg

IMG-0266.jpg

With that, the car is now ready for polishing.

Products Used –

Bilt Hamber Korrosol Iron Remover
Obsessed Garage Decontamination Soap
Carpro Descale
Rupes Reveal Lite
Carpro Masking Tape
The Rag Company Ultra Clay Scrubber
Gyeon Clay Lube

Polishing

Continuing my exploration of the Rupes DA system, I decided to trial both DA Fine and DA Course using various pads. In the end, I settled on DA Fine with the fabulous Rupes Yellow Wool.

IMG-0275.jpg

IMG-0278.jpg

Machines were a combination of the 5-inch ShineMate EB351-5/15, the 3-inch Rupes LHR75 pneumatic, and the Rupes iBrid Nano Long Neck in rotary mode. I also used my new polishing cart for the first time, with handy rubberized cutouts to hold polishers upright.

IMG-0272.jpg

IMG-0269.jpg

With the polishers all laid out and ready to grab, I work sections at a time, swapping to the appropriate polisher as I work around the car. With a wool pad, you also need to keep on top of pad blow outs and brushing.

Products & Tools Used –

Rupes DA Fine
Rupes Yellow Wool (3.5-inch, 5.75-inch, 1.75-inch)
ShineMate EB351-5/15 (5-inch machine)
Rupes LHR75 (3-inch)
Rupes iBrid Nano Long Neck
Rupes Claw Tool
Tornador Basic
Economax Detailing Trolley

IMG-0281.jpg

IMG-0283.jpg

With the car polished and the tape removed, I did get some polish staining, that always happens here or there, which I followed up with Meguiar's M39. I then moved the car outside, foamed again with Decon Soap, rinsed, dried and wiped down with Gyeon Prep. I then covered the car with microfiber blankets, ready for coating in the morning.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Latest Detailing Shed order, featuring some newly released Maxshine tools.

IMG-0288.jpg

First, the Maxshine take on the Detail Factory Curveball Brush. These are offered in three formats, the ultra-soft bristle, a boars hair bristle and one with removable/interchangeable heads. I actually ordered the soft and boars hair variants but was sent two soft ones instead. Never mind, I would get more use out of the soft anyway.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...rush-mixed-bristle-red?variant=44282249904343
https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...ush-ultra-soft-bristle?variant=44282208452823
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/maxshine-curved-grip-xl-detailing-brush-twin-pack

If you haven't tried this already, these super soft and dense bristles make for excellent tyre dressing applicators. And at $26.95, they are much more affordable than the $70 Detail Factory version. If you are using water based dressings, they can also be washed if needed using a little APC.

Next, Maxshine's new flat microfiber wheel brushes. These have a nicely presented handle and soft removeable microfiber socks.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...eplaceable-cover-large?variant=44282012434647
https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...with-replaceable-cover?variant=44281938051287

Next something I had resisted for a while, The Detail Factory Wheel Brush Kit.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...interchangeable-covers?variant=41099269013663

Hiding in the back, 13 new TRC Eagle Edgeless which will become my rinse-less wash towels, and a TRC Cyclone Ultra Wash Pad.

https://detailingshed.com.au/products/eagle-edgeless-500?variant=18519631560761
https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...a-wash-pad-15cm-x-20cm?variant=43065043845335

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
DFB if I read anymore after your Ranger polish thread, above, I’m going have to ask for a TAFE Certificate in auto detailing!

You should seek accreditation and start a detailing school

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
DFB if I read anymore after your Ranger polish thread, above, I’m going have to ask for a TAFE Certificate in auto detailing!

You should seek accreditation and start a detailing school
Last time I attended TAFE, I basically taught the class! :facepalm:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ranger Paint Correction & Coating - Part Two

Ceramic Coating

In the seven years of ownership, I have used a variety of waxes and spray sealants to protect this car. Back in April 2022, the chosen LSP was Collinite 845, which was then maintained with a huge variety of spray sealants used as drying aids. Who knows what is doing the protection element at this point.

So why transition to a ceramic coating on this car? Firstly, I want to further see how a ceramic coating performs on a daily, I want to continue honing my coating skills, and I have enough Gyeon Pure EVO remaining from the Jaguar detail earlier this year. So, no formal introductions to Pure EVO.

IMG-0296.jpg

IMG-0300.jpg

With a 37 degree (97 deg f) day forecasted, I started early to get the coating laid down before the heat arrived. First step, wipe the car down again with Gyeon Prep. While I have a bunch of similar products, I like to stay within the family and use the prep product designed side by side with the coating, in this case Gyeon Prep.

With the day already warm, the coating was flashing quite quickly, although Pure EVO does have a nice long working window. In this case, I was able to apply the coating to one section, then onto another, then the first was ready to be leveled, then the next. And so on and so on. In the end, the coating was applied to the paint and most of the black plastic trim, the glass I left for Gyeon Quick View.

Pure EVO needs 12 hours to cure before seeing water, and with rain predicted tomorrow, I went ahead and applied Gyeon Cure as a precaution. In any case, I probably would have done this anyway as it safeguards against water spotting in the first 14 days as the coating fully cures. Cure also adds some slickness, which is missing from Pure EVO.

IMG-0307.jpg

Products Used –

Gyeon Prep
Gyeon Pure EVO
Gtechniq AP5 Applicator
The Rag Company Edgeless 300 Towels
Scangrip Sunmatch Inspection Light with Scangrip Diffuser
Gyeon Cure
Gyeon Quick View

Conclusions

With the windows coated with Quick View and then cleaned, tyres dressed, and the interior cleaned up for the week ahead, I now have a ceramic coated daily driver..............

IMG-0313.jpg

White can be such an unrewarding colour to work with, it really does hide the effort put into it. A similar process and the same coating on the Jaguar's Odessey Red is completely different story.

IMG-6905.jpg

IMG-6908.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

I've had two white daily drivers now, and this will be my last. Yes, white can hide a lot, but it's also incredibly boring and I wish I had gone for the blue or red offered at the time, or even silver. Yes, it's a work car, but considering I wash the car weekly anyway, having a colour wouldn't be any more work.

I've said this too many times, but I can't exactly replace this vehicle. Yes, Ford are (for now) still offering single cab models, but not with the low ride suspension, or at the price point I paid for this PX MK II. At this point, the car has just under 38,000 km on the clock. It's been reliable save for the glitchy Sync system that needs a hard reset every few months.

I would also like to replace the wheels; the cheap silver paint has been slowly disappearing for a while now. (Yes, as a lot of people have warned me, I wore the paint off the thing.) This particular spec was fitted with narrower wheels than the high-ride and 4x4 models, having 16 x 6.5-inch wheels rather than the 16 x 7.0-inch. So finding a new set in that spec has proven hard, plenty of the 16 x 7.0 though. I'm also considering the 16-inch wheels offered as an accessory or on the XLS. These are also in the 7.0-inch wide spec but will still fit the standard size 215/70/R17 tyres.

xls3.jpg

Do I need to do the above. Of course not. Am I thinking about it? Is the Pope Catholic?
Sponsored