Sponsored

Whatever happened to the blown motor thread or oil burning thread?

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've seen this topic come up again here and on a FB group - a prospective owner having been "told" about engine failures. The majority of replies stating that they've experienced no issues.
Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My oil consumption is pretty steady at 1qt per 1000 miles and for the lst 3 months/4500 miles, the car barely saw over 4500 due to extreme cold and slippery conditions. So this thing with oil isage and high rpms dont really apply here. My car uses the same amount of oil regardless of how its driven and its dead on at 1 qt every 1000 miles which I think isnt unreasonable for a car like this.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Forums and social media are Ideal for exaggerated tales. I always chuckled at the "sky is falling" mind set. I owned a car that had an engine replaced, shit happens. Oh and it wasn't the OPG that failed lol

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was one of those customers

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Haven't started the car in 3 months now, I wonder if it consumed any oil !!!:)
Seriously, as others have stated, it has to do with lots of owners having their cars stored for the winter.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Update/Out of Warranty

So a few more lost engines with better weather but seem to be newer cars. Total seems to be around 20 engine replacements from M6G members that reported, another 3 or 4 reliably alluded to by knowledgeable members, another 3 or so that sounded like were going to need it but didn't follow up on reporting, and several more buybacks that may have had engine problems but we'll never know. Although not a perfect gauge of all 20K+ owners, this group seems like it has its ear to the ground and would likely by contacts be pretty aware of non-members troubles through dealers, other enthusiasts, etc. so I can't imagine too much more than double that number total, still way less than 1%. All good news, especially with all the speculation on OPGs, etc. Buuuut....Keep an eye on that oil level:).

This is reassuring as several must be getting to end of warranty if they didn't purchase the extended plan like us worryworts. So I have to ask, if your engine did crap out not on warranty, what would you do?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Wouldn't it be covered under the 5yr./60,000 mile powertrain warranty. That covers most vehicle parts that are power related.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I actually had not thought about it for a while....but like I said, some people are hanging their hats on it, it seems. I cant deny, it seemed like we had reports of 6-7 confirmed failures, all pretty close together but that seems like a year ago..or more, at this point.
I created a thread to document my engine failure here. Some twats decided to shit all over it and had it closed. 2017 blew at 2300.
Sponsored