Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Yea I know, the price doesn't match materials used to make the cover. But the improved look of the engine bay is worth it.
I agree, how it looks kinda makes up for it. My disapointment was more that for just a bit less than half as much extra you could get the black alloy tank. But what swayed me was the black texture of the plastic cover which in my opinion matches the other black plastics better. :headbang:

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
How can you tell when the levels are low?

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Mods: black wheel lug nuts and got rid of that orange reflector sidemarker

Love the cleaner, neater and more streamlined look with smoked side marker and black wheel lug nuts !!!!
That looks great mate! The black wheel nuts are such a small mod but make such a big difference. I love the black side markers too. I want to do that mod on mine but I've been reading a lot that people are having problems with the DD LED's going out in them?

Sponsored

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can someone pls tell me if disconnecting just the negative terminal of the battery is sufficient before I install my gt350 wheel or should I disconnect both the positive and negative?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Can someone pls tell me if disconnecting just the negative terminal of the battery is sufficient before I install my gt350 wheel or should I disconnect both the positive and negative?
Probably should do both to be safe. You don't want that airbag deploying in your face!!!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Just the negative is fine

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
That looks great mate! The black wheel nuts are such a small mod but make such a big difference. I love the black side markers too. I want to do that mod on mine but I've been reading a lot that people are having problems with the DD LED's going out in them?
Its just a reflector, non-functional.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
The DD replacements can be either.
You can get a tint, or you can get a DD with an LED and then decide if you want to hook it up or not.

I vaguely remember they might have had an option without the LED as well...

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Would you have a link? I can only find the LED version so was going to have the stock ones tinted but if the price is comparable I'd prefer ones that were the correct colour from the start. Thanks.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Would you have a link? I can only find the LED version so was going to have the stock ones tinted but if the price is comparable I'd prefer ones that were the correct colour from the start. Thanks.
Sorry mate, can't find it either? I swear I saw them somewhere without the LED wiring etc... I've just used the Anchor Room tinting products on mine.

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Negative is fine, 10mm nut , Make Shure you rest it in the rubber batt cover and not where it can contact metal :thumbsup:

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
I noticed that all the wheels come with a wheel nut lock. Are they hard to remove if I wanted to change to a different lug nuts?
[Disregard - saw the wheel myself and they don't have a wheel nut lock]

Last edited:

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Sidemarkers are not connected to any wiring in OZ.
I also couldn't find the smoked ones without the LED lights (was hoping they would be cheaper) so the ones I got have LEDs in them, just not connected to anything.
There are guys on here that managed to hook up these DD sidemarkers to their tail lights, but they had to run the wires down there themselves from the boot (I don't have the skills to do that, nor am I fussed about it, just hated orange reflector on dark grey car).
Sponsored