Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

A.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Is it recommended to not install a Catback exhaust until after the break in period is complete?

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Is it recommended to not install a Catback exhaust until after the break in period is complete?
And how long is the break in period ??

Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
AFAIK, none of the junk I've ordered require certification. This is after I spoke with my insurance company as well. "Illegal" tint is more likely to cause problems than anything else.

Even the tune won't lift kW/hp over 20%. The catback would surely not add much at all. Suspension/IRS parts are all direct replacements, just stronger. Sway bars are thicker. Future tire upgrades, 275 front and 295 rear are only 20mm difference to stock, which is also legal and not require certification :thumbsup:
Excuse my commenting on an old post but being a newbie i cannot stop reading so much awesome stuff in these threads. But my main reason for commenting was your mention of tyre sizes. I have been wading through the ADR documentation and from what i understand about tyre sizes it is based on two factors that work together. 1) looking from top of vehicle the top of tyre must not protrude from the wheel arch unless flares are fitted. 2) the track can not exceed 25mm extra width nor narrower width. So because the track is measured from centre of tyre to centre of opposite tyre this will create a relationship between item 1 for maximum flaring and 2 for not so much tyre width but for track shifting. They say as an example this means you can alter wheel offsets by up to 12.5mm each side. Sorry if I am telling people what everyone might already know but I have much catching up to do. I feel like the kid telling of discoveries in life that everyone already learned years ago...LOL :headbonk:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
And how long is the break in period ??
Don't think there's a definitive answer on that one. I'm about to hit 1000km, so I consider it broken in, will change the oil before 1500 so any particles don't continue to circulate

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Don't think there's a definitive answer on that one. I'm about to hit 1000km, so I consider it broken in, will change the oil before 1500 so any particles don't continue to circulate
I drove it like I stole it from day one !!

Sponsored

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I also wonder why? Have you had an incident? Seeing as though a cat back expels air through a tube after all sensors etc I would think it makes sweet FA difference as to how long the engine has been run.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am not a mechanic or an engineer so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I installed my mods after the first service because I wanted to make sure I didn't end up with a dud. Not completely necessary but I tried to be more cautious

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I installed my mods after the first service because I wanted to make sure I didn't end up with a dud. Not completely necessary but I tried to be more cautious
Also my plan. My MBRP and airaid are waiting in the garage

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
booked the mechanic for the weekend to fit suspension / IRS and driveline mods.
Booked Exhaust shop for Wednesday to fit engine back, CAI and dyno
Sponsored