Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
I bought a couple of Meitrack T-333 GPS units at $250 ea - uses a sim card, you can pay $20pm for a return beep every minute or $30pm for the beep every 10 seconds.
Runs to Iphone app - full tracking plus the ability to remotely switch off either spark or fuel.
Will run on the 4G network when the 3G is turned off in the near future
Haven't fitted it to the boss's vert but to my resto 65 coupe and effie.
I had to fit a Holley Blue electronic fuel pump with a fuel cutout switch.
Have the Aust importers details if anyone is interested, can be cheaper if you do a group buy.

Cheers

J
Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm looking at getting a GT350 steering wheel and just wanted to ask where is the best place to get one ? Cheers

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Is that still happening ?
I'm yet to see a [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] effort fail.

He's without doubt the most efficient group buy architect that I've ever seen.

Probably just waiting for some others to be finalised first.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Is that still happening ?
I'm yet to see a [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] effort fail.

He's without doubt the most efficient group buy architect that I've ever seen.

Probably just waiting for some others to be finalised first.

:thumbsup:
Thanks [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION]
yes it's still happening, I'm flying back to Melbourne tonight - I was overseas for last few weeks - so my schedule was quite busy. Hence I wanted to finalise mudflaps group buy, and another batch of decklid / lower grille before getting this underway. Good news, the dealer has them in stock :thumbsup:
I will be messaging everyone who confirmed by tomorrow evening. If anyone else is keen, message me asap - as I won't be doing another group buy for gt350 steering wheel after this one.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I'm looking at getting a GT350 steering wheel and just wanted to ask where is the best place to get one ? Cheers
Check out ebay I just bought one at a very good price.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Very interesting thread!
What would you say is the most “important” mods in order to protect the car and improve its “weak points” from day 1? After reading this thread, I came up with:

Important:
Transmission:
- Clutch Spring Assist
- MT82 Short throw shifter
- Change the transmission oil to BG Syncro Shift 2 MT82 kit
- Steeda Transmission Bushing

Engine:
- Oil Catch Can - UPR seems to get the best reviews but is it covered by Ford warranty? Would you suggest getting the Steeda catch can via Mustang Motorsport (who are backed by Ford)

Nice to have:
- Roush/Steeda Cold Air Intake
- Sturt tower brace

Thoughts?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Hard to say objectively [MENTION=18627]Erez[/MENTION], everyone will answer with mods they've bought. I'd like to think we've all done a lot of research and pick mods based on what will best suit us, so we all believe we've made the right decisions.

My vital mods are exhaust & short shifter (+ fluid). If I could pick the mods that are "nice to have", I'd go with the GT350 steering wheel and JMS Pedalmax.

I have a clutch spring, but don't feel I need it. Will be doing some suspension mods, I think it needs it but again not a vital thing - BMR CB005 on the way. I'm on the fence about the catch can, and might do springs.

Your list looks good, but yeah it really depends on what you want from the car

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Hard to say objectively [MENTION=18627]Erez[/MENTION], everyone will answer with mods they've bought. I'd like to think we've all done a lot of research and pick mods based on what will best suit us, so we all believe we've made the right decisions.

My vital mods are exhaust & short shifter (+ fluid). If I could pick the mods that are "nice to have", I'd go with the GT350 steering wheel and JMS Pedalmax.

I have a clutch spring, but don't feel I need it. Will be doing some suspension mods, I think it needs it but again not a vital thing - BMR CB005 on the way. I'm on the fence about the catch can, and might do springs.

Your list looks good, but yeah it really depends on what you want from the car
Oil/Air seperator is cheap enough to do 'just in case'.

Maybe think about paint protection - seems alot of money but might save some stone damage and looks great.

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
FWIW, I'm avoiding a strut tower brace specifically because I'm vaguely considering supercharging and don't want to waste the money.

That said, has anyone fitted one and before/after noticed any difference?

CAI - there's lots of options, including BluePowerRacing (locally) that I'm considering (again, not yet because of SC possibility).

And if you're getting the trans bushing, then you probably want to consider the other parts that contribute to the 'anti-hop' solution - lockout kit, etc.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Very interesting thread!
What would you say is the most “important” mods in order to protect the car and improve its “weak points” from day 1? After reading this thread, I came up with:

Important:
Transmission:
- Clutch Spring Assist
- MT82 Short throw shifter
- Change the transmission oil to BG Syncro Shift 2 MT82 kit
- Steeda Transmission Bushing

Engine:
- Oil Catch Can - UPR seems to get the best reviews but is it covered by Ford warranty? Would you suggest getting the Steeda catch can via Mustang Motorsport (who are backed by Ford)

Nice to have:
- Roush/Steeda Cold Air Intake
- Sturt tower brace

Thoughts?
If you want the transmission bushing I currently have one for sale. I went with the MGW shifter and it has been a massive improvement over stock.

I have the UPR catch can and it has been great. I have kept the original hoses so I can always just reattach them prior to service should there be an issue. Mustang Motorsport isn't backed by Ford as has no factory Ford warranty, although adding a catch can really isn't going to void your warranty.

A strut tower brace is more for looks rather than function, if you want to tighten the front of the car you are better of going with a Steeda G track brace or similar.

And for the cold air intake, once again it depends what you are looking for, I am running one which was made in Australia specifically for the Australian Mustang. I purchased it from Blue Power Racing,

If you have any more questions about mods feel free to ask!

:cheers:

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT