Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
I have been trying very hard not to order anything but finally as the car is approaching the shores of Australia I did buy something....
  • OBD Solutions OBDlinkMX+ from their Amazon Au store

Other things being considered
  • Ford Performance tower strut brace
  • INJEN cold air intake
  • DRIVESAVA Mustang spare wheel
Sponsored

Last edited:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I have been trying very hard not to order anything but finally as the car is approaching the shores of Australia I did buy something....
  • OBD Solutions OBDlink+ from their Amazon Au store

• INJEN cold air intake
I have all of the above ☝ Except I have OBDLINK EX.
I can vouch for the intake. Very happy with mine.

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
  • INJEN cold air intake
This list will get very long :D
Now I want some side scoops (colour matched) and rear side window louvres (black).

Brick13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang R-Spec, 2008 Porsche 911 GT2
After doing a few minor mods (steering wheel, bonnet struts, some alcantara install, and two piece brake rotors all round), my R-Spec is currently undergoing some bodywork surgery. GT500 hood, front bumper, 20" forged GT500 reps, and new vertical links in the rear are currently being fitted. I also have a X pipe installed (H pipe wasn't available for the R-Spec), but am thinking of something with a bit more of a note. Has anyone installed a Borla ATAK system? Thoughts on how it sounds.

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
After doing a few minor mods (steering wheel, bonnet struts, some alcantara install, and two piece brake rotors all round), my R-Spec is currently undergoing some bodywork surgery. GT500 hood, front bumper, 20" forged GT500 reps, and new vertical links in the rear are currently being fitted. I also have a X pipe installed (H pipe wasn't available for the R-Spec), but am thinking of something with a bit more of a note. Has anyone installed a Borla ATAK system? Thoughts on how it sounds.
Can't wait to see what it looks like. The GT500 front-end is the best in the S550 range in my opinion and seem appropriate for an R-Spec!

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Still waiting for the housing to arrive so that the air raid intake can go in. Strut brace going on at the same time. I wasnt going to do anything with the exhaust as my other car got a bit droney, but I've been told (over a Yatala pie) that Borla are awesome and not at all droney.

I listened to clips of the Borla exhausts, personally I preferred the S to the ATAK, but mainly because the ATAK sounded more euro to me and I've had a few euro performance cars and am liking the bassier sound of the US cars.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Still waiting for the housing to arrive so that the air raid intake can go in. Strut brace going on at the same time. I wasnt going to do anything with the exhaust as my other car got a bit droney, but I've been told (over a Yatala pie) that Borla are awesome and not at all droney.

I listened to clips of the Borla exhausts, personally I preferred the S to the ATAK, but mainly because the ATAK sounded more euro to me and I've had a few euro performance cars and am liking the bassier sound of the US cars.
De you buy the strut brace locally for from the states?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
De you buy the strut brace locally for from the states?
Eurotune got it in - it is a Hardrace part. This was all ordered while Sydney was in lockdown so parts were taking a while.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Eurotune got it in - it is a Hardrace part. This was all ordered while Sydney was in lockdown so parts were taking a while.
Cheers.
Am thinking of getting a Ford strut brace for mine and I see they are around 60% cheaper in the US than local Ford etc want to charge. I am all for buying local but not at that kind of markup.
Just not sure if the LHD one from the US is a direct fit, despite them saying fits LHR & RHD

cheers John

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This one was $526 but that might have been part only. I've paid for everything to be done, just waiting for the air filter housing and I'll be good to go.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Cheers.
Am thinking of getting a Ford strut brace for mine and I see they are around 60% cheaper in the US than local Ford etc want to charge. I am all for buying local but not at that kind of markup.
Just not sure if the LHD one from the US is a direct fit, despite them saying fits LHR & RHD

cheers John
Ford Performance Shelby 350R Aluminium Strut Brace is available in RHD - Great fit and better than the steel brace
Motor.jpg

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance Shelby 350R Aluminium Strut Brace is available in RHD - Great fit and better than the steel brace
Motor.jpg
Hi Tony. Where do you get these from please ?

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Hi Tony. Where do you get these from please ?
Eagle auto parts in Dandenong Vic sell the Gt350R brace but they have upped their price significantly since I bought mine.
They have an ebay store
Sponsored

Last edited: