Sponsored

What to do

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
So I had resigned myself to the fact that a GT350 wasn't in the cards for me. Couple reasons, first the dealers in the mountain states don't sell a lot of mustangs so in our case our dealer didn't get an allocation. Second I still like the pricing of the regular GT and the ability to have so many ways to personalize it.

My only reason for wanting the 350 was the motor, ok maybe the body also.

So my dealer called me yesterday. If I'm willing to pay a 5K ADM I can get a 350. So about 63K. I'm very opposed to ADM out of principle. Now I have the money for it but I'm a cheap bastard these days and know I can get a GT premium for 38k. I know it is a totally different car and I do want a DD out of this also. I love the 350 but don't know if it will be practical. I also plan on retiring in 7 years so while I like dirt bikes and cars I also don't want to have to work extra time to have them.

One other thing, they told me ford is going to build 4000 a year for a two year run, he suspects the GT500 will be back then. I don't want to argue this but I've known these guys a long time and have no reason not to believe them.

Gotta think about this one.
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
If its going to be your DD then I would get a GT... Although If you plan on selling it in 7 years when you retire to get something else, the GT350 will hold its value much better.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So I had resigned myself to the fact that a GT350 wasn't in the cards for me. Couple reasons, first the dealers in the mountain states don't sell a lot of mustangs so in our case our dealer didn't get an allocation. Second I still like the pricing of the regular GT and the ability to have so many ways to personalize it.

So my dealer called me yesterday. If I'm willing to pay a 5K ADM I can get a 350. So about 63K. I'm very opposed to ADM out of principle. Now I have the money for it but I'm a cheap bastard these days and know I can get a GT premium for 38k. I know it is a totally different car and I do want a DD out of this also. I love the 350 but don't know if it will be practical. I also plan on retiring in 7 years so while I like dirt bikes and cars I also don't want to have to work extra time to have them.

One other thing, they told me ford is going to build 4000 a year for a two year run, he suspects the GT500 will be back then. I don't want to argue this but I've known these guys a long time and have no reason not to believe them.

Yea tough call since only you yourself can decide in regards to the financial aspect. Is the 5k set in stone? Have you tried to negotiate a lower ADM? Start with 2k... then maybe 3k or even 4k tops?

At the end of the day, if you go for the 5.0 GT it'll still be a nice car that can be modified to your liking but in the back of your mind you'll whisper damnit I coulda had that GT350 I targeted from the start.

Again, only you yourself can be at peace or have sleepless nights with that.... best of luck with your decisions. :cheers:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

I'd be concerned with how they mysteriously gained the allocation all of a sudden.

OP
OP
obgod3

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
It's a national dealership and I think they are moving some cars around.

5k is not negotiable.

I have never been a should've could've guy so not too worried about that.

I have not had a sports car in 25 years.

I won't sell what I'm buying, it will be my other toy to my dirt bikes, plus I do want to buy a new KTM so that's 10k there.

Ha my brother just ordered a Charger Scat Pack...never thought he would order a car before me. Lol

Thanks for the comments folks.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I would just wait op, let it marinate for a bit...
By then you will have a bigger down and the demand/hype isn't too big. I think hype has died down already since no one is getting their car. Hopefully it's not like the c7z, a car GM deemed track worthy, then after a few laps the engine is overheating.
Hope ford gets the bugs out and sells a high quality European ass kicking machine. All for the price of a base M3 (comparing with gt350R). Suffice to say gt350 > m3. Yes regular gt350.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

5k is not negotiable.

I won't sell what I'm buying, it will be my other toy to my dirt bikes, plus I do want to buy a new KTM so that's 10k there.

Ha my brother just ordered a Charger Scat Pack...never thought he would order a car before me. Lol

Based on what I can see from your scenario and if you have already made an offer below the asking $5K ADM with the dealership refusing your reasonable offer (not sure of your relationship with them?) I would just sit back and see where this all goes and maybe they will change their position going forward?

Who knows maybe an opportunity for a new GT350 at MSRP may come your way once the 2016 cars are being produced in full swing?

Having said that if you have not had a sports car for 25 years what a terrific vehicle to get back into the high performance automotive arena. I am sure that yourself and the rest of us will be very impressed with the new GT350 once we have a chance to get them on the road.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what direction you end up heading?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
obgod3

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Thanks everyone, I'm going to hang tight for now. No rush with winter coming on.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
Thanks everyone, I'm going to hang tight for now. No rush with winter coming on.
Yup....Don't rush it if you don't have to. I'm waiting for the dealers to load up on GT's. They have lots of Ecoboost's now and are pushing them. There's a couple of dealers near me which finally have what I'm looking for, or at least close to what I want.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
If you don't plan on selling the car in 7 years just spread the cost of the 5K over that time and you get a little over $714 a year or about $60 each month. A 5K ADM isn't much compared to what others asking for. I honestly am an ADM hater and have complained greatly on the forums about them but It seems like it will be impossible for everyone to get one without paying to play. I think many of us are wasting 60 dollars a month on something.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
$25k is a lot more for a car if it's just a daily driver. You could do a lot with $25k even if you didnt want to mod a 5.0- another car, motorcycle, 4 wheeler etc.

Lot closer decision if it was $42-43k vs $53k.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I'm with him. ^ That's a big difference when you are looking at retiring in a few years. $25k goes a long way.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Being smart is not being cheap. I wouldn't pay ADM out of the principle. Paying an ADM would take all the joy out of ownership for me.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT

5k is not negotiable.

25 years is a long time in between sports cars. You'll probably find that the GT's performance is more than enough for you - and that's $25K in your pocket.

The problem here lies in the statement in BOLD above. Hell, I know that i'd want to always one up my brother, and he'd always do the same for me :cheers:

The other problem is the KTM dirtbike - make sure you budget another 10K for repairs :headbonk:

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Couple things I would factor in is how many DD miles I would be putting on the car. A lot of DD miles and I would lean towards the GT. You mention retirement and if this is might be your last hurrah so to speak to get a vehicle at this price point while still working then I say go for it. If you can afford to treat yourself to a car like this when retired then perhaps taking a step back and letting the dust settle is the best move.

You only live once and you might as well enjoy it while you can.

I sure hope they have more than a 2 year run or come up with something better to offer around the same price point summer 2017. Love to put a gt350 in my garage and retire.
Sponsored