Sponsored

What to do about damaged vehicle? (Need advice)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
It's a bump and a scratch not a major drive issue - if you'd be modding the car you'd affect resale value more I think? And not to mention as others said - Ford QA is spotty at best :)

Maybe you could get a discount or something?
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I personally wouldn't get factory painted parts. 1 , you're not guaranteed they will match your car and need repainted anyway. 2 aftermarket paint is far superior to factory paint. 3 they would stand more a chance of getting damaged shipping a hood and cover off the car.
Now again my opinion, my car. I'd ask dealer if he'd be willing to swap the car for a high priority allocation on a 17.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you take it, you might feel better knowing that amount of damage probably falls within an amount dealers are allowed to fix and not disclose. Anyone who doesn't see their car come off the truck or at least before repairs can be made may have repairs they didn't know about.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
All of you make valid points. I wish they would give me an option of a 2017 allocation but they haven't. It all points to them painting it and telling me to sign for it. I have also thought about the fact that other owners have mentioned here that the factory paint on the front (specially the bumper) is super thin. Wouldn't this be a plus for me since mine would be thicker???

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
If you take it, you might feel better knowing that amount of damage probably falls within an amount dealers are allowed to fix and not disclose. Anyone who doesn't see their car come off the truck or at least before repairs can be made may have repairs they didn't know about.
This was actually mentioned by my inside source at the dealer too. He's saying that if the damage value exceeds a certain amount, it will hit the car fax. If it shows up anywhere, I WILL refuse the car because that would make me very upset.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
All of you make valid points. I wish they would give me an option of a 2017 allocation but they haven't. It all points to them painting it and telling me to sign for it. I have also thought about the fact that other owners have mentioned here that the factory paint on the front (specially the bumper) is super thin. Wouldn't this be a plus for me since mine would be thicker???
If you opt to stay with the deal, can they provide an incentive? How about Ford? For example, I have seen other manufacturers have provide customers $500-$1000 brand-specific credit vouchers which in your case can be used on Ford Performance parts, accessories, and even service. Worth a shot to firmly & politely ask for something like this....

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
4/7/2016 UPDATE

So my fears have been confirmed. The bumper that was ordered did not come painted and of course with no stripes. The hood will not be replaced, but instead it will be fixed to remove the scratch. Once everything is mounted then the whole front will be painted at the body shop. I am extremely disappointed and upset about all this. To make things worst, the damage is over $1500 so the damage will have to be disclosed. Does that mean disclosed only to me on paper or also on the Carfax? Also, should I keep the car at this point after its repainted or ask for a 2017 allocation?

What do you guys think?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
4/7/2016 UPDATE

So my fears have been confirmed. The bumper that was ordered did not come painted and of course with no stripes. The hood will not be replaced, but instead it will be fixed to remove the scratch. Once everything is mounted then the whole front will be painted at the body shop. I am extremely disappointed and upset about all this. To make things worst, the damage is over $1500 so the damage will have to be disclosed. Does that mean disclosed only to me on paper or also on the Carfax? Also, should I keep the car at this point after its repainted or ask for a 2017 allocation?

What do you guys think?
What has your MAS guy said about '17 allotments? Right out of the gate they're expecting you to take on all the risk with this damaged-by-someone-else 350. I read in the other post the damage is reportable- I know nothing about that but I would assume it would go to Carfax. I think you should trust your gut feelings about it, whatever they may be...You and your family never should have been put in this situation...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
4/7/2016 UPDATE

What do you guys think?
I'm confused about the dealer having to disclose the repairs, regardless of the cost if they are talking about Carfax.

Some idiot in an M3 nailed the back of my Cadillac for a $10k repair and the Cadillac dealer who did the repairs says they don't report any repairs to Carfax. That's up to the insurance company who paid the bill.

If you take the car, I'd ask them about that. Based on my experience it seems it should be at their discretion. Or maybe laws are different in different states.

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Do not accept the car... get your money and get an allocation for a 2017... the damage will hunt you in your head and ruin it for you... just look at what it is doing to you now... don't do it. Get a new car even if you have to wait again for it...

Sponsored

jooyoung99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT350
What has your MAS guy said about '17 allotments? Right out of the gate they're expecting you to take on all the risk with this damaged-by-someone-else 350. I read in the other post the damage is reportable- I know nothing about that but I would assume it would go to Carfax. I think you should trust your gut feelings about it, whatever they may be...You and your family never should have been put in this situation...
Don't take the car. Few reasons:

1. Carfax report is not instant. Some damages take 6 months to a year to get reported. I don't think this will be reported, but you never know.

2. Let's say that you get a clean carfax, but any car buyer or collector will know that the car has been repainted. You can measure the thickness of the paint, and it's very difficult to smooth out all the edges of the paint to conceal that it's been repainted before.

3. There are going to be a lot 2017s built. Prices will come down. There are lot of dealers having 5 to 7 unsold cars hoping to get $20K markup. This will not last very long.

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Gray GT350R
I would NOT want that car...don't do it get a replacement trust me.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My same thoughts but I'm afraid if I refuse it, I won't won't be able to find another one. I feel trapped in this situation.
I would refuse it and tell them you'll happily wait for another one made to the exact specifications you've already requested in the 2017 model year.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Don't take the car. Few reasons:

1. Carfax report is not instant. Some damages take 6 months to a year to get reported. I don't think this will be reported, but you never know.

2. Let's say that you get a clean carfax, but any car buyer or collector will know that the car has been repainted. You can measure the thickness of the paint, and it's very difficult to smooth out all the edges of the paint to conceal that it's been repainted before.

3. There are going to be a lot 2017s built. Prices will come down. There are lot of dealers having 5 to 7 unsold cars hoping to get $20K markup. This will not last very long.
MAS has assured me that it will not be on the Carfax since it will not be covered by the insurance. However, I agree that prices will come down but since I already have received a massive discount, all I can hope is for a replacement allocation at the same price :shrug:

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
I would NOT want that car...don't do it get a replacement trust me.
I am afraid of accepting it and always having this in the back of my mind. What's specific reason(s) do you have for your advice? Thanks
Sponsored