What steering gear for 2016 V6?

deepimpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016, V6
Hello, I'm from Germany and I want to change the defect steering gear of my 2016 V6 mustang (coupe, 18 wheels).

Do anyone knows the article number I have to look for? Or are there multiple products that fits with my vehicle? There are some quiet different informations in the internet.

Another small question: only the main housing of the steering gear has a crack. Is it possible to build in the current working electronic unit into the new steering gear,so it does not have to be reprogrammed. Is it even possible to move out the main electronic board easily?

Thx you
Sponsored

Last edited:

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Hello, I'm from Germany and I want to change the defect steering gear of my 2016 V6 mustang (coupe, 18 wheels).

Do anyone knows the article number I have to look for? Or are there multiple products that fits with my vehicle? There are some quiet different informations in the internet.

Another small question: only the main housing of the steering gear has a crack. Is it possible to build in the current working electronic unit into the new steering gear,so it does not have to be reprogrammed. Is it even possible to move out the main electronic board easily?

Thx you
Here is the Ford part “s for the steering gear.

As for all other questions I don’t know. I think it would be cheaper to buy a used piece and have it reprogrammed at Ford.
179319C7-CA41-4E39-8424-B6D980257A21.png

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why a different part number depending on wheel size?