Sponsored

What other cars did you consider before you decided on your Mustang?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I began my search with a 1952 Plymouth which had recapped snows.
Actually I had my heart set on a Prius in dark brown, then I drove the Honda civic in flat silver, and then I said what the hell I'll go with the GT in Rapid Red.
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
chevy camaro - was close to pulling the trigger, but my head was almost rubbing the headliner, vision was horrible, and i just liked the options in the mustang better

nissan 370z - ultimately i wanted a little larger vehicle, and i couldnt get over the fact that i only get 1 cup holder (seriously)

lexus rc350 - what a heavy car.. anyway, insurance costs were not worth it, didnt spend much time looking after insurance quotes

infiniti q60 - again, insurance costs were putting me off and the infotainment system left a lot to be desired

kia stinger - only because it was the optima i really wanted when i originally bought my optima (the car i traded in to get the mustang).. but, ultimately i could not do the 4 door thing again. one of the things i absolutely hated in my optima was that every time i looked to the left or right, all i see is "B" pillar and miss what i was intending to look at.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
First Gen Raptor Super Cab. I love these trucks so much.

My 10' Mustang was totaled and I thought it might be time to mix it up with another truck. I have pretty much always had either a Mustang or some flavor of Ford truck. Super Cabs are hard to find and after test driving a 2020 GT the decision got even harder to make for the Raptor.

Then the perfect car showed up near Dallas and that's all she wrote. Proud new owner of a 'new to me' 2018 GT Premium PP1 in ruby red.

I'm low key thinking about finding a beat to hell Raptor and making it a project tho.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
370z but way too much for the package with the LSD and the tech in them is so very outdated.

Mazda Miata but found out Iā€™m too tall on the test drive.

16 Camaro SS but couldnā€™t find a used one under 35k.

Fiesta ST because everyone talked about how much they love them and how fun they are to drive. So I wanted to test drive one but I sat in the Mustang first and never looked back

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
So my story is I got divorced, and got the camping trailer and the truck. I was originally going to live in the trailer full time but decided against the idea because I had kids. I sold the trailer and was going to sell the truck and get an Audi S4. I drove the S4, and thought it was a really nice car but it just didn't excite me.

A few weeks later I came across a race red GT with the exact options I wanted. Since I was no longer married I had no one to tell me "no" and the rest is history.....

I doubt I'll sell that car now, as it represents me choosing to be happy in life....

KtuiwsEToPAPaCaRDOmgGFni_NWmQqPRDYHj6hDSibEOcbZlMglB4yzsszv7oGxvE70SYfA=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So my story is I got divorced, and got the camping trailer and the truck. I was originally going to live in the trailer full time but decided against the idea because I had kids. I sold the trailer and was going to sell the truck and get an Audi S4. I drove the S4, and thought it was a really nice car but it just didn't excite me.

A few weeks later I came across a race red GT with the exact options I wanted. Since I was no longer married I had no one to tell me "no" and the rest is history.....

I doubt I'll sell that car now, as it represents me choosing to be happy in life....

KtuiwsEToPAPaCaRDOmgGFni_NWmQqPRDYHj6hDSibEOcbZlMglB4yzsszv7oGxvE70SYfA=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg
More pics of that f150 please. Love those rtr wheels on them

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
chevy camaro - was close to pulling the trigger, but my head was almost rubbing the headliner, vision was horrible, and i just liked the options in the mustang better

nissan 370z - ultimately i wanted a little larger vehicle, and i couldnt get over the fact that i only get 1 cup holder (seriously)

lexus rc350 - what a heavy car.. anyway, insurance costs were not worth it, didnt spend much time looking after insurance quotes

infiniti q60 - again, insurance costs were putting me off and the infotainment system left a lot to be desired

kia stinger - only because it was the optima i really wanted when i originally bought my optima (the car i traded in to get the mustang).. but, ultimately i could not do the 4 door thing again. one of the things i absolutely hated in my optima was that every time i looked to the left or right, all i see is "B" pillar and miss what i was intending to look at.
Yeah I crossed shop a few luxury cars. When I asked the insurance why the price hike when this v8 makes more power and is more performance oriented she said it cost more to fix a Lexus over a Ford. Ok.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at and test drove a few s2000ā€™s. Fantastic cars. But I donā€™t have a garage right now (would rather a convertible be garage kept) but the s550 is the mustang Iā€™ve been waiting for for the last 10 years. Went and test drove one, done deal

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
More pics of that f150 please. Love those rtr wheels on them
No problem, just went outside and took these. Mustang just got a Roush Matte black spoiler as well as showing off the ford performance exhaust with the GT350 Valence.

Last weekend put the fender flares on the truck, performance wise it has a Roush Powerpack, Ford Performance Dual exhaust, Fox 2.0 Suspension. Next up is some 305/65-18 Ko2's as I want to take it out to the sand dunes.

0TI5RRLoXh1k1AwE-lreLPoeKtxuj2AHe4qzS2pIJKg4eZq-dR4fyY485F0ic6zEkIa-SVQ=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg

tov-YM2PNJyNitzHSdTQ2Ri-TcGVxi0NqVJbJym4Wss8AV3cL8F5liKgs0u1lrePE3e4KAw=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg

4re_tDRGty3cNmv1Hz6boySLbULHSAln5LgMvxJFPDD0ZX4F-rZFPoRbokRSPSoB61HQ3Mw=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
No problem, just went outside and took these. Mustang just got a Roush Matte black spoiler as well as showing off the ford performance exhaust with the GT350 Valence.

Last weekend put the fender flares on the truck, performance wise it has a Roush Powerpack, Ford Performance Dual exhaust, Fox 2.0 Suspension. Next up is some 305/65-18 Ko2's as I want to take it out to the sand dunes.

0TI5RRLoXh1k1AwE-lreLPoeKtxuj2AHe4qzS2pIJKg4eZq-dR4fyY485F0ic6zEkIa-SVQ=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg

tov-YM2PNJyNitzHSdTQ2Ri-TcGVxi0NqVJbJym4Wss8AV3cL8F5liKgs0u1lrePE3e4KAw=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg

4re_tDRGty3cNmv1Hz6boySLbULHSAln5LgMvxJFPDD0ZX4F-rZFPoRbokRSPSoB61HQ3Mw=w1008-h756-no?authuser=0.jpg
noticed the hood vents.... How do you like your ford performance exhaust?

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
I really like the exhaust, both vehicles have the sport version. I constantly get comments on the mustang exhaust. On the truck it's quite muted because I have the 3.5 Ecoboost, so it kind of sounds like a Gen 2 raptor. Hood vents are roush, I'm pretty much a sucker for anything from either the roush or Ford performance catalog.....

OP
OP
JUH

JUH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50th Anniversary Edition
Basically everything else (mostly manuals, except the ones that don't come with one). Ha ha. Porsche Cayman GTS, Corvettes (LS1, LS2, and LS3s, then I was done with them), BMW 3 I-6, BMW M3 V8, Lexus RC-F V8, Nissan GTR V6TT, Audi S6 V8TT. I didn't even consider the solid-axle ones, so the Lexus SC400 V8, GS400 V8, GTI I-4, Accord Coupe V6 6MT, etc., don't count. I wasn't going to buy another 'sports' car, due to downsizing to just a 2-car garage house, and to just 1 vehicle for me, due to having spent several new Ferraris's worth in my rare cancer fight going on for over 5 years now (on another experimental chemo as we speak). Oh, and having lost my job over 2 years ago, so basically retired now. So couldn't justify spending a penny more on such things, so traded (as an even exchange) my immaculate (and fully optioned) 2018 F-150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB for the Bullitt. And happy with the move. I'd say it's the best 'jack of all trades' bang for the buck I've ever owned. It's exactly the combination of compromises I was looking for: Not only it has the 3 things I value the most in a sports car: RWD, manual, and NA V8. But it also handles really well, yet still has a compliant (albeit firm) ride, the quietest interior of any sports car I've owned or driven (including many super expensive ones), one of the most comfortable to travel in, and it's one of the most fun to drive, which was surprising to me. This probably is my last sports car, my last manual car, and my last V8 car, so hope to enjoy it as long as I can :D. Still have a 2 chemos to go, and we'll see if I can finally catch a break for a few years (incurable cancer).
Best of luck brother. The car will treat you well :beer:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I really like the exhaust, both vehicles have the sport version. I constantly get comments on the mustang exhaust. On the truck it's quite muted because I have the 3.5 Ecoboost, so it kind of sounds like a Gen 2 raptor. Hood vents are roush, I'm pretty much a sucker for anything from either the roush or Ford performance catalog.....
nice. Yeah I did a MBRP race exhaust. Loud, everyone says it sounds sick. They also asked whatā€™s done to the car and the only thing done is the exhaust... possibly a few upgrades coming later on.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
nice. Yeah I did a MBRP race exhaust. Loud, everyone says it sounds sick. They also asked whatā€™s done to the car and the only thing done is the exhaust... possibly a few upgrades coming later on.
That's what originally came in my car. Kind of just felt it was just a noise maker. Where as the FP sounds specialized and "right" for the car. Plus it got rid of the horrible drone on the highway....

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's what originally came in my car. Kind of just felt it was just a noise maker. Where as the FP sounds specialized and "right" for the car. Plus it got rid of the horrible drone on the highway....
yeah I considered the Roush option too which I think sounds amazing. I went aluminized because didnā€™t plan on keeping the car past 5 years. If I do I will explore other options.
Sponsored